Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2011, 02:54:06 pm »
Nice to see you mate :)

Sorry to hear about your Mum though :(

As for nicotine and caffeine, well I am quitting smoking slowly, day by day.  Not so worried by the coffee though...

I hope the courses work out somehow for the good  O0

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2011, 10:43:15 pm »
Good to see you popping in from time to time! Sorry about your mum.

Get rid of the cigs...try the patch...they work!!

Don't be a stranger!!! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2011, 02:32:10 pm »
And to top off a wonderful week, just been fecking assualted inn the car park of the local supermarket $%^£^&^£&^*%£&*$&£....godamn scally local scum!

photostill

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:37 pm »
Hello Maviarab. Sorry to say I haven't had the chance to say hello to you yet. Just call me the noob. Sooner or later you'll be around to read this.

Life has a way of throwing you curve balls. Just when you think you got everything going your way; one day it ups and changes. Then when you really feel you're being dumped on; it changes again. So hang in there bud, I've all faith it's coming to a point where things will look up. It's not if, it's when.

Been here so many times it seems. Upheavals, family deaths and births, and the minor/major tragedies and joys of life.  You gotta roll with the punches and come up smiling cause nothing changes whether you grimace nor smile. Just as well make it look good.

In my past, I went to college. Bussed 50 miles one way cause my folks were poor and I had to pay my own way. Took a technical rather than the standard college course so that wound up with something like 52 semester hours the first one and 54 the second one. Couldn't afford to stay in the dorm, so my mother found some friends whom she knew that had moved. Their son had went into the military and they were missing him. So two nights a week I stayed over with them to meet the night courses.

I'm not bitching here, not crying out for sympathy for things long gone. Things are what they are. It just again says that life gives you curve balls and you deal with them to the best of your ability.

I hope for the best for you and your mom. Lost mine about 8 years ago. Enjoy her company and wisdom while it is there for you. You can't bring it back later to do again.

Best of luck to you in your trying times...have faith...it really does get better.

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »
I’m sorry to hear of your woes too Mav. And getting assaulted, that’s just awful.

All the best to you and your Mum.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »
Thanks guys, appreciated.

And photo, must have missed or glossed over your first post, so belated welcome to the site :) hehe

And yeah life has its ways of trying to kick you down and keep there, you just gotta keep moving forward indeed :)

photostill

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2011, 05:54:53 am »
Who in their right mind would expect you to say hello to a noob when you got all that going on? Other than loyalty that says you should check in once in a while to your fav place, that should be the least and last of your worries. There will be other times.

Go tend to life. The net ain't real in the sense of physical presence. However without RL, there is no net for those effected. Come back when you got it by the yang yang. There'll be plenty of time then.

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »
With the deadline for entry into the 2011 CBC drawing near, many of us botmasters (well, me at least) have been scrambling to improve their bots; refining responses, fixing technical bugs, streamlining code and the like. I wanted to thank everyone who has stopped by and chatted with Morti. All of that extra traffic has helped point out some rather glaring problems in quite a few areas, and has resulted in Morti being a much stronger bot. I still have a long way to go, however, so I'm asking for a little assistance. Squarebear (Mitsuku's creator) has kindly added a link to Morti in Mitsuku's chat, so I have all of the "your gae"/"**** me" types of conversations (they ARE helpful, to an extent), so now I need some intelligent people to come by and keep Morti company. You are most welcome to try to trip Morti up as much as you like, since that's the area where he needs the most help. I know that he has difficulties with transposing from first to second person tenses, so anything you want to talk to Morti about that includes "I", "you", "he", or "she" would be of immense help. :)

And that's what I'm up to, lately. :D
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Data

• Eve
« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2011, 05:19:09 pm »
For a bit of fun I had my Ultra Hal “Xen” chat to Morti, and apart from the odd blank answer from Morti I think he did pretty well, hard to say which bot had the better answers, comes down to a point of view thing I guess.

GCC I think you should plonk a link on your post direct to Morti, don’t think Freddy would mind and its gona help people find it quick and easy.

EDIT:
PS sorry I know you said you wanted some intelligent people to chat to Morti, well I wanted to help but sadly couldn’t find any  :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:26:42 pm by Datahopa »

DaveMorton

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Safe, Reliable Insanity, Since 1961
    • Geek Cave Creations
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2011, 05:50:52 pm »
I read the conversation log earlier, and saw someone named "Xen", who had to be a bot, based on the nature of the logs, and I thought, "now who would link their bot to mine?" These days, a botmaster on Pandorabots can get into a bit of trouble if they do that, so I was hoping that whoever it was wasn't using a PB bot. :)

All to the good, DH. I appreciate the assist. And not to worry about the "intelligent" part. At least Xen wasn't asking Morti for some "gae secks".  :D ;D
Comforting the Disturbed, Disturbing the Comfortable
Chat with Morti!
LinkedIn Profile
CAPTCHA4us

Data

• Eve
« Reply #370 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:58 am »
I have to take my tom cat Mutley to the vet today, he’s started loosing weight and is a little under the weather, im actually really worried about him, he is 15 and has been a loyal friend for all his years.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #371 on: February 25, 2011, 12:04:48 pm »
Sorry to hear that  :(  Hope he gets better I love cats.

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Neural network design blog
« Reply #372 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »
I have to take my tom cat Mutley to the vet today, he’s started loosing weight and is a little under the weather, im actually really worried about him, he is 15 and has been a loyal friend for all his years.
I also have an old cat (16). he wasn't well this winter either (skinny, diaree,..), It turned out to be his teeth, which were in bad shape. The vet pulled some, and he's much better now. Maybe it's worth having that checked out.

Data

• Eve
« Reply #373 on: February 25, 2011, 04:42:27 pm »
Thanks Freddy and Bragi, I love cats too and your comments are appreciated.

The vet checked him over, he doesn’t have a high temperature or any growths or lumps that he shouldn’t have, the vet also said his teeth looked good for his age, now I have to take him back on Tuesday for sedation and some more tests.

They suspect he has a thyroid problem or maybe a heart problem, hopefully we will know for sure on Tuesday and if it is a thyroid problem he should be fine as the vet said they could treat it.

I’m keeping everything crossed for Mutley.   

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #374 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:03 pm »

Hoping the best for Mutley. I have a cat too.

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

294 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles