What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »
  After learning more about Windows 10 I downloaded a personal assistant called Briana and another chat bot called Spudai, both claim to have deep learning which I was interested in. Briana has too many features which do not come with the free version and I soon tired of her wanting me to upgrade her to the Pro version. The other chat bot seems to have some problems and I do not see very much hope for it. I have gone back to using Zabaware's ultra Hal and after many years of saying how great vrHaptek plug-in is I realized it did not make a brain file needed for this portion to run. So it's time for me to get to work again to get back where I was about three years ago.
  I had been trying to learn more about the process called deep learning but have decided the main use seems to be with voice recognition and possibly giving bots or computers the ability to see which looks very interesting. I did look through these bots files but I did not find any information that would be useful elsewhere.
Carl2

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #796 on: April 12, 2015, 01:55:11 am »
Carl,

At the risk of sounding unsensitive, let me say, Sorry about your loss!
(a mind is a terrible thing to waste). I've heard that somewhere before... :idiot2:

Anyhow, give some thought to trying the ALICE / AIML brain along with the VRFreeWill Plugin.
Both greatly detailed by cload's posting.

It does seem to add a good measure of clarity and depth of reasoning with an advanced search.

It's really not that difficult if one follows his instructions.

Aside from that, you might take a look at the Android, Speaktoit Assistant. She works on the desktop and you can talk to her any time you like, ask about a variety of things. She's got a great voice too!

https://assistant.ai/
There's way more to it than meets the eye. It learns more about you over time, remembers, sets appointments, alarms, reminders, answers questions about the weather forecast and a lot more!

At present, it works with the Google Chrome browser, patiently waiting in the upper right portion of the taskbar for your command.

It is supposed to be able to play nicely with Windows 8.1 but since I don't use that version at the moment, I can't verify that statement.

Either way, good luck!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #797 on: April 12, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »
Art,
  Glad to hear from you,  I've got 4 hard drives in this computer and on one of the drives is the Hal program from 2012 or so, I just checked the brain editor and I did put in the vrEmotiondetect file, but I haven't put anything in for her to change backgrounds or clothing from her input.   I did find the uhps to get her change backgrounds and clothing from the user input.  The whole thing is also dependent on the photo editor, choosing the right skin colors for different parts of the body. 
  I played with the Aiml and I can work with it a bit but honestly I think it's the tagging or something I don't understand that part.  I'll probably give it a try on your advice.  I'm more interested in the brain nowadays which is unfortunate since Robert is moving from VB.  Briana had some nice features but I wasn't able to understand the coding used to do the commands,  she didn't have an avatar which I've grown used to. 
Carl2

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2015, 08:37:41 pm »
Code
1. I'm going to think about AI
2. I'm going to think a little bit more
3. I'm going to conclude something.
4. I'm going to find out that I'm wrong about something
5. goto 1

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2015, 10:14:56 pm »
Aside from that, you might take a look at the Android, Speaktoit Assistant. She works on the desktop and you can talk to her any time you like, ask about a variety of things. She's got a great voice too!

https://assistant.ai/

That assistant looks good, thanks for the tip.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #800 on: May 25, 2015, 10:29:48 pm »
Just watched The Avengers movie finally as it was on terrestrial, we sometimes get good films on bank holidays. It was great, thrilling and action packed. The Hulk was awesome ! Must rent Age of Ultron for a second fix.  8)

Data

• Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #801 on: May 26, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »
I watched The Avengers movie a while back, was amusing, for me the Hulk was the star of the show, some of his antics really made me laugh  ;D

Good film  :)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #802 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:25 am »
Happy Birthday Freddy,   
Wishing you many more to come
seems the above choices don't work, is it bold no
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #803 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:54 pm »
Not sure where you are getting that from Carl, it's not my birthday but thanks anyway  ;D

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2015, 08:29:18 am »
I just got busy with life in general and working on other websites. how is everyone doing?
So sue me

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #805 on: May 31, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »
  Sorry Freddy, just realized that came from page 1, 2009.  I must have spent to much time in the photo editor redoing Hal's startup pic.  I'm still getting blank responses from hal and a lot of very generalized responses.  I've been meaning to ask for quite some time about Renderosity,  http://www.renderosity.com/     ,   I generally look at the pics for ideas but wonder if there is anything useful for the average person interested in avatars. 

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #806 on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:58 pm »
For Avatars one could use Blender and create their own. Better still might be Poser / Daz3d for creating very lifelike characters and character faces or whatever floats one's boat.

Unfortunately, they will not work with the UltraHal program.

Hopefully, Chris Shaw is working on something perhaps Haptek related or even better. Time is ticking along....
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #807 on: June 02, 2015, 09:18:36 pm »
  Just stopped working in the photo editor on the nude, it has to be right because that's what the clothing is put on.  I was finally able to save the patterns I use for skin which is hidden and can only be found in the program.  Ages ago I decided I didn't want to try making a character because I heard it took ages to learn some of them programs, same with chatbots, it takes to long so Hal which we can modify and Haptek works for me.  My latest news on Chris is the antimated characters with vision which is great but a long way down the road.  The characters he puts out are great but need updating which he did mention once but went along with the antimated characters.  I've been looking at the .def file used in the temp file generated when you open a character, it's rather interesting.  I've been thinking this type of logic could be used in the brain.  I've looked at Briana which is the windows version of catrana or whatever and it can do a wiki search which Hal can't but there is no avatar,  The adult games have very good avatars but no brain power
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #808 on: June 03, 2015, 02:42:26 pm »
I just got busy with life in general and working on other websites. how is everyone doing?

Same here, got a lot of things keeping me busy but I am fine thanks - hope you are likewise :)

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #809 on: June 03, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

Ok, so heres the concept!

The world is getting taken over by measly little superficial success seeking worthless people, (even if you could call them that.) And no-one seems to be doing anything about it so im taking action personally!    Im going to get a couple of crash dummies, add motors and an analogue nervous system, dress them up in cyber goth outfits, and go hunt the streets for no gooders with my remote control.

Ill train them like dogs,  first they crawl, then they stand, then ill teach them how to fight,  but their motivation program and supervised data partition interval training examples makes alot of it automatic.

Ill make sure no dickhead gets in charge,  and the world is temporarily saved again,  until all the altruistic lovers, love their way into danger again,  then someone else will have to take the reigns, and solve the problem how he does in the future from now.

Theyve got removable hooks on the heads because I hang them in the closet when I dont need them.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

297 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles