What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #960 on: July 20, 2019, 09:19:15 pm »
Here, I sent five "jingly" ones your way. Figured it was better than nothing. Had to enter a random London address lol, cause it told me "please enter real post code" after seeing my Canadian one.  :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #961 on: July 22, 2019, 11:35:30 am »
Thanks!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #962 on: September 12, 2019, 08:44:28 pm »
I was looking at a picture of the US B-2 stealth plane today as one was sighted not far from me. I've seen images of it before of course, but today it struck me that this is probably behind all those older sightings of triangular UFOs. Not a great leap, but my mind is like that, sometimes I don't get a joke until months later.

Anyway, so I went looking on the net and found this news story from the other day. Interesting to others maybe?

There has been a UFO sighting in Portland that has prompted international headlines because the unidentified flying object seen in the video could be proof that a top-secret military aircraft exists.

https://brobible.com/culture/article/triangular-ufo-tr3b-air-force-video-portland/

Of course black projects are not new, anyone would expect them to be working on new aircraft all the time. I remember when I was a college student - one time we skipped class and went to the derelict railway line to drink some cans of beer. There was a unique sound in the air and not something I had heard before. Looked up and saw a Lockheed Blackbird slowly crossing the sky above me!

I live in an area that's always had a lot of planes, but less so these days. Fifteen or so years back I was working nights at a factory and had came out for a smoke. I heard a swooping/chopping noise that I knew could only be one thing just from seeing it on TV - Apaches. Maybe three coming in low over the building. Amazing to see, I would not want to be on the wrong end. The next day or two, the defence department revealed they had bought them from the US and they were now operational.

Just goes to show, you never know what they are flying around up there!

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #963 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:51 pm »
Those are cool aircraft. What I am up to is watching the skies we are under a tornado watch. It is early afternoon and It looks like evening here. I am sure i will be fine though. I am also on twitter being a pest. lol.
So sue me

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #965 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:50 am »
that is a awesome craft. I have never seen a plane like that before.
So sue me

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #966 on: February 25, 2020, 07:00:21 pm »
Last night I watched Star Wars Rogue One at last. I quite enjoyed it, but I lost the plot at points, maybe that's just me, but my Dad said the same thing  ;D

The effects were pretty cool, but the most interesting to me was how they recreated Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin. It was very convincing CGI and they even did the same trick with a youthful Carrie Fisher towards the end of the movie.

I added the film to the collection here:

https://chatterbotcollection.com/item_display.php?id=3357&title=Star_Wars_Rogue_One

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #967 on: February 26, 2020, 08:08:31 pm »
Last night I watched Star Wars Rogue One at last. I quite enjoyed it, but I lost the plot at points, maybe that's just me, but my Dad said the same thing  ;D

They've showed it before on TNT cable channel here in the colonies and recently followed it with The Last Jedi, which picks up where Rogue One left off. I liked Rogue One and seen it a few times when it's been on, but really liked The Last Jedi and seen it twice. The effects in Last Jedi seemed even better,

Rey, or beautiful, tall, even more athletic Felicity Jones, gets a new doo and is great in her part in The Last Jedi. It really develops her character and that of Kylo Ren, son of Solo, who is being groomed to be the next Vader. 

They say the storyline of the movie that follows it, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker cause the whole pretense of the prior two movies to make sense at all. I wasn't a fan of the 3 that supposedly precede the originals and never sat through the whole movie watching any of them. I saw the original 3 at the theater when they came out.

Movies with 8 year old kids racing land speeders, teens with super powers and such generally don't appeal to me now that I'm old and crotchety. I haven't supported Hollywood in years and am glad I don't have a lawn.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #968 on: February 27, 2020, 12:28:19 pm »
I have still yet to watch The Last Jedi - sounds great :)

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #969 on: February 27, 2020, 01:14:44 pm »
I saw the first one back in 1977 (ish), but haven't watched the others yet.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #970 on: February 27, 2020, 08:43:41 pm »
I have still yet to watch The Last Jedi - sounds great :)

I finally got around to watching it a couple of weeks ago. It was better than I expected but only worth watching if you've got nothing better to do.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #971 on: February 28, 2020, 02:01:48 pm »
Odd for me but I understand his reasoning behind his comment (I think).

During an annual checkup I asked my doctor if he watched Grey's Anatomy or Scrubs, etc.

He looked rather quizzically at me and said, "On the TV?"
(I'm thinking...no doc on the billboard as you drive into town...)

Before I could formulate an answer, he continued. "I neither have nor own a TV. I am far too busy with my practice to watch TV."

Wow! Now I understand that his practice keeps him busy and that he is in high demand but not one TV in his house?
I guess there'd be no use asking if he plays things like an Xbox or PlayStation... :-\

I have a neighbor who doesn't have a cell phone or a computer and he's just the happiest, nicest guy on the block.
He still gets and reads his morning newspaper and goes to the library to get some books to digest. Ah...the simpler times...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:46:39 pm by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #972 on: February 28, 2020, 03:26:30 pm »
Ah...the simpler times...

A few months ago, I saw an Alfa Sprint, with yellow headlights. When I was a kid, all cars had yellow headlights. I don't know, when I saw it, I just started crying stupidly. I do miss the simpler times. I would be happy to work on AGI with my Amstrad CPC 464 again, no problem at all  ;D  64Ko, man it's more enough!

What I would miss, is working while listening simultaneously Drum'n bass & Gregorian chants:uglystupid2:

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #973 on: February 28, 2020, 04:45:07 pm »
I have a neighbor who doesn't have a cell phone or a computer and he's just the happiest, nicest guy on the block. He still gets and reads his morning newspaper and goes to the library to get some books to digest. Ah...the simpler times...

I had a dispute with Spectrum in 2015 and ended up discontinuing cable and internet service with them for a year.

I have never been so bored or felt more cut off from the world in my life. I can't pick up a local TV station in my apartment but acquired an affinity for talk radio and that gave me some sense of what was going on in the world.

I have more movies in digital format than I know the number of and might pause it at 2am to go clean the bathroom. I had a sponge mop for the floor and one for the ceiling and no doubt the cleanest apartment in the building.

That Tutorial I wrote was originally meant to be notes to myself so I wouldn't forget how to set up my desktops. When I got back online I polished it up and made something of it.

I could get by without Internet easier than I could TV. I can unplug my cable modem and play video games, watch TV or listen to music and never miss it. I dropped Internet service last summer though and never needed it more. We have a hotspot and I could go to the library if I had to but accessing any account that needs a password from them against my security policy, and that's what I needed to do.

So here I am, about as happy as I get, listening to music with the TV on in the background.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #974 on: February 28, 2020, 10:05:20 pm »
https://www.adafruit.com/product/73

This is surely the most useful thing ever invented.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

308 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
squarebear
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles