What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #990 on: April 26, 2020, 12:40:28 am »
My daily schedule of herding my dog and little brother around was starting to get tedious and unrelenting, I was becoming frustrated and irritable, so I prepared a bath as cold as it would go, and jumped in while listening to ancient Viking music! I’ve either finally lost it, or finally found it. Either way it was EPIC!!! Turned my day around.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #991 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:47 am »
I prepared a bath as cold as it would go, and jumped in while listening to ancient Viking music! I’ve either finally lost it, or finally found it. Either way it was EPIC!!! Turned my day around.

That would turn anyone's day around because it could only get better from there.  :2funny:

Could you train your dog and your little brother to look after each other?

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #992 on: April 26, 2020, 02:20:57 am »
I should. We could all use some kind of physical activity. Maybe I'll get some durable inflatable dogeballs  or something like that so they can tire each other out in the backyard, then there can be peace and quiet for the latter half of the day.   O0

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #993 on: September 06, 2020, 05:36:47 am »
I'VE DISCOVERED A GREAT SHOW!
Motherland: Fort Salem

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #994 on: September 17, 2020, 08:58:49 pm »
I just finished (again) formalizing what I want to do. I plan to fuse Logos and Esperas under a single, indivisible new project called expression logic.

After more than a year, I have some modifications to the old Logos metalanguage, and have some new insights on what the original Esperas parser could really do. Implementation should be a form of extended Boolean satisfiability solver, drawing a parallel to SMT solvers.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #995 on: September 24, 2020, 05:14:31 am »
I've started to eat healthy and will stay like this now. And am walking in my kitchen half the day on my new laptop, drinking water more. I always have got 8+ hours sleep.

I had to return a few laptops because they sucked and weren't explained well on their websites. To get one that worked well and importantly looked good (was the hardest part, the key tactfulness, the matte, IPS, colors, texture) costed me 746USD. I just couldn't handle working on poop/a potato.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkbook-series/Lenovo-ThinkBook-15-IML/p/XXTBXTM8001

The keyboard looks light but for my lighting it looks dark metal in day and even night lighting and is really really fine. Perfect for now. 5 years anyway and the keys probably wear out did you know!? My old 14 inch Lenovo was shot on bottom row, and was annoyingly glossy and small-screened and malfunctioning.

My mom got one too, hers blew from 2007 or 2009 it was.

My old 14 inch from 2013 is still thinner screened and base lol and is touch unlike this one, and has a whopping 3200 resolution LOL.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #996 on: September 24, 2020, 07:23:17 am »
I've started to eat healthy and will stay like this now. And am walking in my kitchen half the day on my new laptop, drinking water more. I always have got 8+ hours sleep.

That's really great news and I hope these changes turn into lifelong habits. Keep it up and your life will get better in all sorts of ways that you can't imagine now.

Lenovo is always a good choice because they are built to last and they are easy to repair. The only model that can beat them is a MacBook Pro. Mine has seen sixteen hours of use every day for five years and traveled all over the world. It is still as good as new and showing no sign of wear at all.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #997 on: September 25, 2020, 01:13:09 am »
Note I did watch many reviews, still couldn't pin which, and so some returns happened, about 5, included is my mom's this year. They shouldn't sell such poopy cheap-end ones, really, my mom had tried the gold colored almond lenovo and erm ya lol... and my first thinkbook this month was bent screen on arrival lol and i was ultra careful as could be. The other first lenovo for me had am old light-grey cheap-looking plastic on surface and was impossible to understand how they chose this as a design. My mom tried a dell also and didn't realize it was clunky sized. And a Asus but had the TN type screen which is almost unusable. My advice, don't go cheap, it's mean. But meaner is the not knowing how the keys etc will feel with no complete review or how model to get the answer from!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #998 on: October 20, 2020, 07:51:55 pm »
I've been making a simple OCR program this week to allow my virtual assistant to read text on my screen visually. The ways to get at text in other programs programmatically are restricted, and I wasn't about to install an 80Mb Tesseract neural network OCR program just to enhance my 2Mb program with a minor skill. I tried other OCR programs, but they were inaccurate for short snippets of text, and changed their results depending on how much space was above the letters(!). Anyway, so far so good, I'm using feature detection rather than try to match pixels.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #999 on: December 19, 2020, 08:31:08 pm »
I’ve been delving into some Star Wars content because of how good The Mandalorian is. So far, the highlights were The Darth Bane Trilogy, (those books were quite well written, which I admit I didn’t expect, my bad), and Season 1 Episode 17 of The Clone Wars TV show, ''Blue Shadow Virus'' featuring my now favorite mad scientist ever. They really struck gold, possibly beskar, with that voice actor.   

As for the Blinky robot, I’m attempting to ''turn'' (haha I can’t help myself, sorry), the propellers into mechanisms which can function as good wheels. I’ll need a rim around the blades with a light traction surface, but that seems straightforward, the tricky part is designing a mechanism to rotate/orient the wheel/props into all the necessary positions.

The first few days of Christmas break have been nice. I'm really looking forward to it this year, got my brother a (hopefully) cool gift, and finally no awkward distant family dinners, as LOCKSUIT mentioned!

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #1000 on: December 23, 2020, 08:16:27 pm »
We are up to the 1000th post on this thread.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #1001 on: January 04, 2021, 02:30:19 pm »
Hi all, how you doin' :)

Been lurking for a while, posted a few responses and now I'm here.

I see some new faces and some old faces, and I'm glad the site is still up and running.

For a while I've been away, busy trying to gather myself up to finally stand on my own feet. I just got to a longly awaited point where only marketing (related to quality of the product) will decide if I go up or down. If everything goes well (I keep my fingers crossed) I'll have more time for projects that really interest me, relating to logic and deductive systems.

In a meanwhile, thinking all over and writing a few notes here and there, I did some ruthless rearrangement to the plans of `deduction project` I've been occasionally reporting about around here (I think the last post was before a year and a half). I grounded the project to an existing deductive technology, and did some significant face lifting on front-end interfacing language. I hope you won't mind if I create a new thread about it under `General Project Discussion` to see if anyone's interested in my ramblings.

Well, that much from me for now. Wish you all well and happy New Year,

- ivan -

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #1002 on: January 09, 2021, 07:44:17 am »
Tinkering with Arduinos and home automation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QMJ-rW2z8E

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1003 on: January 09, 2021, 07:33:46 pm »
Did you speak to it and edit your own voice out of the video, or are you using a different method?

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #1004 on: January 09, 2021, 10:26:17 pm »
A lot of small things tend to go wrong and force me to redo the whole scene twenty times, so I wrote the commands in a file and pressed a button to feed them to the program one by one. The control program runs on a laptop offscreen, and I recorded the text-to-speech output straight from the laptop's sound card. Also, the sound quality on my camera is garbage and I live in a noisy street. It does all work the same when I do use speech recognition though.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

186 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles