What's everyone up to ?

• 1048 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #1035 on: July 31, 2022, 09:37:57 am »
I'm experimenting with IDE for my CMS. This is where I came to: IDE probe.

In the first plan, it will represent a document creation platform. In the second plan, it will be fused with the little term rewriting language I wrote, suitable for theorem proving, truth table calculations, or combinatorial problem solving. I realize I pushed the AI aspect to the second plan, but I'm trying to save my life with this project.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:19:33 am by ivan.moony »

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1036 on: July 31, 2022, 05:57:12 pm »
Trying to "save your life"? Ivan, you okay?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2022, 08:36:15 pm »
Trying to "save your life"? Ivan, you okay?

Thank you, Writer, for your concerns, you've always been a kind person to everyone. I have to say I admire that kind of personality very much.

I think I'll let myself go this time.

Well, for the last twenty five years, I'm "fine" - if you consider by "fine" my psychiatric diagnosis because of which I'm broke and out of a job for all this long time. Sure, all that theoretical research kept my excitement in a meanwhile, but it's a fun, not the real business. With this project reverse, I just hope something will change soon in my life. Nothing completely new, nothing to worry about, I just decided to seriously split my attention between symbolic AI research and commercial attempts. I guess that's how the real life works, it should be a series of compromises.

Now, when I look back at this decision, I ought to expect this sort of situation development. I can't play carelessly like a kid for my whole life. I have to synchronize my projects with world's actual needs if I want any kind of financial success. Things are complicated - because of my disorder, I have to invent my own money maker while I don't want to completely depigment all of my ideas that keep my projects in a moneyless-underground zone. Since I can't split my time between usual boring paid job and theoretical research that excites me (disorder, again), I have to find a way to do it both in the same time. And that means agreeing to some compromises.

I just hope I won't have to push symbolic AI completely out of my projects. That kind of compromise would devastate me, but it would probably mean a financial success. Let's see what Google ads say before making this last drastic move. Cross fingers for me, I'm trying to succeed with a half commercial / half underground zone.

DaltonG

• Bumblebee
« Reply #1038 on: August 05, 2022, 05:04:08 pm »
What have I been up too?

Well, I seem to have broken a personal cycle (discovered in hindsight) that represents major shifts my in life. I often wonder if other people have such repeating cycles that take them in new directions. Mine seems to have been a 13 year cycle, be it marriage, education, a personal interest or hobby, or work related. I recently realized that my obsession with how the human brain works and my project had hit the 14 year mark. Project SAMI is still alive and well, and continues to dominant my life. I had initially planed the book's layout in 2 divisions; Preliminary Considerations and Designs with lots of logical subsections. I have since realized that the book requires an intermediate division to present Preprocessing to segregate incoming stimuli into different kinds of representations for different purposes. This is particularly true for Vision, Audition, and Olfaction which require tracking and combining subsets of signals. The book length presently stands at some 600+ pages and is bound to grow by at least another couple of hundred pages. Over the last year, most of my efforts have been in editing,  revising, and documenting a lot of the illustrations. I discovered, while reviewing them, that I had trouble remembering how they worked. So, in essence, I reinvented the wheel and made sure to document them more extensively.

Lately, I seem to be taking a bit of a break from the project. I've been listening to a lot of audio books and work on the project has only been intermittent. I've taken up bookbinding and periodically bound up hard copies when enough changes, modifications, and new material was added. I even bought a new Canon printer that has large capacity refillable ink tanks since 600+ pages with lots of illustrations tend to go through lots of ink and 3rd party inks are far more economical.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2022, 12:33:31 pm »
Slowly finishing the above CMS and making some decisions about commercializing it as a personal knowledge base manager:
see here (of course, AiDreams members will always be provided with a royalty free license - just override the default license).

In a meanwhile, I'm planning the scripting support for the same project. During the progress in the future, it seems I'll be able to gradually squeeze theorem proving within.

The plan for the scripting language is to have three different engines:
  • fully untyped expressions - manual theorem construction (pending concept)
  • partially typed expressions - manual/automated theorem verifying (lissy concept successor)
  • fully typed expressions - automated theorem proving (canon concept successor)
All three iterations can also be used for regular programming. And in a case of formal research, because the project is basically a CMS, it will be a breeze to publish the research to a broader audience as a web page.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 03:35:28 pm by ivan.moony »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #1040 on: October 25, 2022, 08:39:12 pm »
Does anyone here have an LG fridge? Is it quite? Does it vibrate the floor? Me and my mom are buying a new one. The last one we tried was ~7 years ago made no sound but made my feet feel a "slight" vibration all the way in the bathroom, it was returned.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #1041 on: October 26, 2022, 02:38:20 am »
Does anyone here have an LG fridge? Is it quite? Does it vibrate the floor? Me and my mom are buying a new one. The last one we tried was ~7 years ago made no sound but made my feet feel a "slight" vibration all the way in the bathroom, it was returned.

We had an LG refrigerator once and it was noisy and nothing but trouble. It had to be taken away for major repairs several times and I could not recommend that brand at all. The last one we had was a Samsung and it was wonderful. I will be buying another refrigerator soon and I am favouring Panasonic for that.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1042 on: October 26, 2022, 04:02:08 am »
I have a Samsung. I don't think I have ever noticed it vibrating the floor. Sometimes it hums and makes a variety of other odd noises, but I would not generally describe it as annoying.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #1043 on: October 26, 2022, 05:19:31 pm »
If you want to change the door opening direction on the fridge, consult with the official service first. You may loose guaranty if you try to do it on your own, as it was in my case.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #1044 on: October 26, 2022, 06:43:50 pm »
I have a Samsung. I don't think I have ever noticed it vibrating the floor. Sometimes it hums and makes a variety of other odd noises, but I would not generally describe it as annoying.

I noticed there seems to be 2 types of fridges, ones that make no sound (almost) but vibrate the floor (as they have to do "something" to run), or don't but make sound like you can hear from ~150 inches away. Which one is your samsung then, WoM?

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2022, 04:48:51 pm »
Which one is your samsung then, WoM?

RF217ACRS

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #1046 on: October 27, 2022, 06:15:42 pm »
Which one is your samsung then, WoM?

RF217ACRS

Oops, I meant which one (see my post above) as in is it the sound maker or the silent but vibrator (feels it on floor far away) type.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1047 on: October 28, 2022, 08:23:18 pm »
Oh, I thought I'd already answered that. It doesn't vibrate the floor. It makes noises.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1048 on: February 08, 2023, 10:39:40 am »
I've been putting what I learnt from making my AIML interpreter and my ElfScipt language into a new project called ImpScript.

I have been working on this over the past year. It's a simple scripting language to make classic text adventure games or interactive fiction.

There is a site now, and the first short game is up and running. Like chatbots, I gather logs so that I can add to the responses. It's some of the most concise work I have ever done.

Check it out of you are interested; you can also make your own games and have them hosted there: https://impscript.com

Cheers  :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

183 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles