What's everyone up to ?

• 1038 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • contrast-zone
Re: What's everyone up to ?
« Reply #1035 on: July 31, 2022, 09:37:57 am »
I'm experimenting with IDE for my CMS. This is where I came to: IDE probe.

In the first plan, it will represent a document creation platform. In the second plan, it will be fused with the little term rewriting language I wrote, suitable for theorem proving, truth table calculations, or combinatorial problem solving. I realize I pushed the AI aspect to the second plan, but I'm trying to save my life with this project.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:19:33 am by ivan.moony »

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #1036 on: July 31, 2022, 05:57:12 pm »
Trying to "save your life"? Ivan, you okay?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • contrast-zone
« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2022, 08:36:15 pm »
Trying to "save your life"? Ivan, you okay?

Thank you, Writer, for your concerns, you've always been a kind person to everyone. I have to say I admire that kind of personality very much.

I think I'll let myself go this time.

Well, for the last twenty five years, I'm "fine" - if you consider by "fine" my psychiatric diagnosis because of which I'm broke and out of a job for all this long time. Sure, all that theoretical research kept my excitement in a meanwhile, but it's a fun, not the real business. With this project reverse, I just hope something will change soon in my life. Nothing completely new, nothing to worry about, I just decided to seriously split my attention between symbolic AI research and commercial attempts. I guess that's how the real life works, it should be a series of compromises.

Now, when I look back at this decision, I ought to expect this sort of situation development. I can't play carelessly like a kid for my whole life. I have to synchronize my projects with world's actual needs if I want any kind of financial success. Things are complicated - because of my disorder, I have to invent my own money maker while I don't want to completely depigment all of my ideas that keep my projects in a moneyless-underground zone. Since I can't split my time between usual boring paid job and theoretical research that excites me (disorder, again), I have to find a way to do it both in the same time. And that means agreeing to some compromises.

I just hope I won't have to push symbolic AI completely out of my projects. That kind of compromise would devastate me, but it would probably mean a financial success. Let's see what Google ads say before making this last drastic move. Cross fingers for me, I'm trying to succeed with a half commercial / half underground zone.

DaltonG

• Roomba
« Reply #1038 on: August 05, 2022, 05:04:08 pm »
What have I been up too?

Well, I seem to have broken a personal cycle (discovered in hindsight) that represents major shifts my in life. I often wonder if other people have such repeating cycles that take them in new directions. Mine seems to have been a 13 year cycle, be it marriage, education, a personal interest or hobby, or work related. I recently realized that my obsession with how the human brain works and my project had hit the 14 year mark. Project SAMI is still alive and well, and continues to dominant my life. I had initially planed the book's layout in 2 divisions; Preliminary Considerations and Designs with lots of logical subsections. I have since realized that the book requires an intermediate division to present Preprocessing to segregate incoming stimuli into different kinds of representations for different purposes. This is particularly true for Vision, Audition, and Olfaction which require tracking and combining subsets of signals. The book length presently stands at some 600+ pages and is bound to grow by at least another couple of hundred pages. Over the last year, most of my efforts have been in editing,  revising, and documenting a lot of the illustrations. I discovered, while reviewing them, that I had trouble remembering how they worked. So, in essence, I reinvented the wheel and made sure to document them more extensively.

Lately, I seem to be taking a bit of a break from the project. I've been listening to a lot of audio books and work on the project has only been intermittent. I've taken up bookbinding and periodically bound up hard copies when enough changes, modifications, and new material was added. I even bought a new Canon printer that has large capacity refillable ink tanks since 600+ pages with lots of illustrations tend to go through lots of ink and 3rd party inks are far more economical.