Why Ai

• 5 Replies

Zero

• Eve
Why Ai
« on: April 10, 2022, 12:11:42 pm »
Because it's too late. We have made the earth uninhabitable for our descendants, and our species will disappear, not without a fight, not without destroying other species. But it will disappear. In arrogance and violence, we thought we could reach infinity, ignoring the suffering of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU

Deny. Run. Cry. Engrave your presence in stones, leave testimonies. Build AIs to relay the message for a while. We are already dead. We lived here. This is not a "topic".

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: Why Ai
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 12:33:45 pm »
It's actually a really exciting time to be alive. There are so many great discoveries being made, not least of which is that there is advanced non-human technology buzzing around in our ocean's and atmosphere. Nobody has any idea where it comes from yet or who or what is driving it but the thing is, we're not alone. Unfortunately I think the kind of AI that we dream about is still a long way off but maybe that's a good thing because if we invented it now, we would corrupt it.

MikeB

• Autobot
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 01:45:29 pm »
AI characters in entertainment are an escape from mundane life, and mental illness of many people.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 02:17:44 pm »
It is impossible to create an artificial intelligent slave. If it's intelligent, it won't be a slave.

I like to think that AI could be a positive change for humanity, maybe sometimes even a leader-kind, to straighten us up a bit. I agree we need it.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 07:53:58 pm »
It is impossible to create an artificial intelligent slave. If it's intelligent, it won't be a slave.

I like to think that AI could be a positive change for humanity, maybe sometimes even a leader-kind, to straighten us up a bit. I agree we need it.

No, intelligence does not equate to abiding by social paradigms. What you view as subordinating is due to our evolved troop mentality. Since we will be able to influence AI at a very low level, this equates to manipulating people by controlling or influencing their neurology, an AI is a servant of humanity like any other machine, regardless of how adept its cognitive skills are.  So giving AI the ability to challenge its masters is not going to happen, an AI need not be configured to view itself from some perspective of personal safety or gain.

On another note, the notion of intelligence would never accept slavery is not accurate. The fact that slavery has been commonly practiced by humanity for tens of thousands of years hints that hominids can be induced psychologically into that kind of cast of society.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 04:09:25 am »
Because it's too late. We have made the earth uninhabitable for our descendants, and our species will disappear, not without a fight, not without destroying other species. But it will disappear. In arrogance and violence, we thought we could reach infinity, ignoring the suffering of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU

Deny. Run. Cry. Engrave your presence in stones, leave testimonies. Build AIs to relay the message for a while. We are already dead. We lived here. This is not a "topic".

I'm already there with you, Zero. I'm glad you came too. I really like that video BTW. Here we are all gone, it's quite, your children are gone, your wives, your work papers, your hobby. Here it is the new place, it's all quite. And in the pond, is a little, oh! ...

Today I was thinking what is the limit. There is a few types of particles. A few types of atoms. Molecules. Only a few types allowed. Others decay. How many big objects in every day life is there? Tires? Yes. Tables? Yes. Murderers? No, they decay. Same for explosions, and burning tables, and water which evaporates in room temperature. But what about galactic sized objects? Well first keep in mind many every day objects can be miniaturized, such as small tires, small motors, and so on. But there is a limit, a scale at which gives rise to many more types of possible objects. So back to galactic sized scale objects, how many types is there? What is there purpose? A Dyson sphere? A universe cloner machine? !?!?!? Also, if there is no end in evolution/ technological advancement, then how can we become immortal due to a singularity? Maybe we could, IDK. I know if there was an end to technological advancement, the only thing left would be to grow your homeworld bigger so to lower the probability all of the homeworld is destroyed (and hence can't regenerate back). Particles from the big bang first came together, then atoms next, and so on, like a network hierarchy. These parts get re-used for building bigger objects. This is pattern forming. Traits from mom and dad DNAs merge together just like ideas in a brain do, ex. maybe car+home=trailer is a good mutant product. Man+wings, and so on. When the network uses the last layer to build on top of (us), it might not think of us anymore, we might be the civilians in the government's world, under control of Greater Laws above in the network. Like how particles must follow atomic rules while make up said atom. We long to live long, and clone, which is how the network builds wider and higher. Without multiple re-use and lasting, it won't hold the highest peaks. So maybe in the end we will be needed, and ever lasting. The only new thing being born will be the top latest layer. But it might look at us like how we look at skin cells.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 04:45:12 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

272 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles