and if the AGI is already here?

• 8 Replies

SMZ

• Roomba
  • A thought that thinks a thought is another thought
    • METAQUID Artificial General Intelligence
and if the AGI is already here?
« on: July 13, 2020, 06:21:02 pm »
Just a moment to think about the possibility that an AGI is already here because it has gone back in time ... to modify itself.

For those who want to see a video transposition (10 minutes) of the first chapter of the graphic novel Metaquid ZERO, you can connect here:

https://youtu.be/djuNMqVEIGI

You can talk to the A.I. named Hanah in Metaquid directly here:
https://www.metaquid.com/chatbot-en

You can find the traditional version of the graphic novel Metaquid ZERO in the download section of metaquid.com

I await your comments on the progress or regressions that have been made ...

SMZ
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 10:52:35 am by SMZ »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: and if the AGI is already here?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:50:27 pm »
not good....

input:
What does gold and silver have in common?
output is wrong or even just human answer and still wrong

input:
Why are turtles slow?
output is nonsensical....not even about turtles or motion

Why don't you follow the algorithm GPT-2 and IGPT and Jukebox?
https://openai.com/blog/better-language-models/
https://openai.com/blog/image-gpt/
https://openai.com/blog/jukebox/

Also see Blender, which is farther than GPT-2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTIPGoHLw_8
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

SMZ

• Roomba
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:03:03 pm »
Thanks for the test, but it was not impartial or apparently thorough.

But I understand you, it's always like this: preconceptions always take over.
You have only tested it on part of his knowledge.
And you did well, also because you didn't know what else to do.

If I asked 3 or 4 questions as I say to a GPT-2 or GPT-3 system, their answers would make you laugh more, considering the resources on which those systems are built.

However, it is only a question of data, which is still missing from the system.

You give me the data you want to question Metaquid's Hanah on and then we can really see how it behaves.

All the systems you have named have a huge amount of data at the base, yet they cannot even do simple numerical calculations, precisely because they are not based on logic but simply on data, and their value is in the data and not in their structure .

Give me their data and I'll show you that it can be done better. Bear in mind that I'm not talking about exorbitant computing resources, while all the systems you have named need decidedly excessive resources, at least according to my philosophy.

Anyway, what do you think of the video?

https://youtu.be/djuNMqVEIGI

SMZ

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 01:10:42 am »
Anyway, what do you think of the video?

I thought it was pretty good. The artwork, video effects, and music were excellent. Using text-to-speech to read the story aloud was the weakest element. You used contractions (e.g. don't) throughout the captions but the speech always pronounced the expansions (e.g. do not) which jarred a bit. Also Hanah and Hanah's voice were female but the narrator always referred to her as "he". The other thing that bugged me was the HANAH acronym. Acronyms are used far too much nowadays, and that was a particularly bad one.

The story drew me in although starting a war would not be a good way to limit our population or use of resources and that triggered my scepticism. If you consider the last century, two world wars barely killed more people than the 1918 pandemic and led to explosive growth of populations and technology. You can't beat biology for population control.

SMZ

• Roomba
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 10:38:44 am »
Thanks for the constructive criticism and the improvements I will make in the next version of the video.

There are always some errors even after repeated checks, but this is only a trial version, to understand if the video is preferred over the traditional version of the graphic novel, of which you can find the version in the download section of metaquid.com

All artifacts, as Hanah is, are not people, and to underline it the acronym highlights it, through its meaning.

However, the type of the war Hanah talks about is not specified, so it can also be bacteriological.

The current situation is only an anticipation of the war to come, but to find out more, ask Hanah who is looking for Metaquid before Metaquid finds her.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:50:08 am »
I clicked on the video, thought I'd stick for a minute or two, but it got me interested, and before I knew all 10 minutes were gone. Nice artistic work.  :)

SMZ

• Roomba
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »
Thanks for the appreciation on the video and for the involvement shown: I hope that Metaquid's AI Hanah will be able to resist for at least 10 minutes of conversation! Have you tried talking to her?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 06:37:39 pm »
Yes, but not too long. I didn't get caught on her short responses. Did you ever speak to "Demonica" chatbot? There is an idea or two to be copied from. The whole point in talking to Demonica is that she has a whole fictional story behind her, and she leads the conversation by mixing story elements like:

Demonica: ...
Me: You seem nice.
Demonica: **looks you carefully over your eyes, than back straight into your soul** ... As nice as I can be... **takes you by your arm and pulls you gently down to the abyss below** But my home is down here in the darkness, and I want to expose the darkness hiding within you. **Down in the abyss you see nothing but her facing you** Do you know what I'm talking about?
Me: ...

The story can develop by her giving you a tour over her dark world. The point is that the system can give some content into conversation, and it could work great if you have a story behind your chatbot like Hannah does. Demonica, for example, is a queen of underground, and she rules her world in the vast of dragons, skeletons, and God knows what other critters. I think something analogous would excellently fit with Hannah. I also think some initiative from Hannah would be great to be seen.

[Disclaimer] the above conversation with Demonica is completely made up, it is not the actual response from Demonica, it is only my personal impression how I remembered her from a chat some time ago.

SMZ

• Roomba
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 09:28:25 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion, so I've coded and modified the interface so that context information is given in the comic style.
Furthermore, the background AI system is now able to always answer questions, even if perhaps creatively.
Can you find me the biggest errors in the system or give me what other particular suggestion?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

337 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles