Exterior Design for Signaling Cubes

• 6 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Exterior Design for Signaling Cubes
« on: September 12, 2018, 10:31:56 pm »
Advanced my design for the electronic neurons. This test model is a 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 inch cube. (1.27cm) 
The holes are for the electrodes of my tiny solar cells. One on each side, 6 total.
I've ordered 2 from a 3D printing service, so we'll see how that goes.
The proof of concept will be to see if I'm able to put the right components in them so that they are able to communicate and pass a signal forward.
Each electrode hole should also be able to fit a branching, dendrite-like antenna/signaler.

Screenshot_1129" border="0

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: Exterior Design for Signaling Cubes
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:51:30 am »
Thats a nice render - what is the program ur using,  I was looking at cadders a couple of days ago, and solidworx looks really nice.   But just to tell you,  theyve had perfect specular renders since the late 70's thanks to cook&torrence.   (Its like global illumination for the old XT days.)

Geeze we are pushing ourselves to the limits!

Taking u seriously->
What frequency range do you plan on using-  and how are u going to generate it?

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:57:31 am »
I'm using Autodesk Inventor. Since I'm a student I was able to download it for free. The frequency of signals would be dictated by the frequency of sensory inputs and limited by the hardware. This passing around of data will controlled by a microprocessor, if I can find one with enough pins. And the solar cells would charge a battery which would then power the microprocessor.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:28:36 am »
Talking about solar power - and low velocity charging in general ->
I had this idea for filling a capacitor using a pico charge.  takes ages,  but the idea goes you fill a little capacitor first,  then it gets the umph to push into the next one,  then after enough go into that, it goes to the next, until it pushes into the final pressure canister.

If you try to fill it straight away the back pressure stops it from opening up.   And using this same trick, you can use a capacitor as a switch,  if you drop below this "back pressure" then the caps refuse to ignite each other,  for the "use pass".

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:14 am »
If you feed each pulse through a transformer then you can increase voltage from capacitor to capacitor. If voltage equates to pressure, that's how you can compress the potential. But a large capacity capacitor would not have more back pressure than a small capacity one. 2 Volts 0.01 Farads would be as easy to fill as 2 Volts 200 Farads. Right?

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 03:01:34 am »
. 2 Volts 0.01 Farads would be as easy to fill as 2 Volts 200 Farads. Right?

Yes, its allowed to be alot smaller.  i was talking about little tiny femto capacitors going to humongous ultra farad ones! :) then it refuses to fill.

Sounds like you were talking about a voltage doubler?  im no good at them,  i need to learn still.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 03:11:18 am »
i was talking about little tiny femto capacitors going to humongous ultra farad ones! :) then it refuses to fill.
I see... That's a cool counter-intuitive property!
Sounds like you were talking about a voltage doubler?  im no good at them,  i need to learn still.
Yep. They are lots of fun. Once I took apart a bunch of old phone chargers, and hooked up all these transformers in series  with a 9V  battery at one end. It made these amazing sparks. And I brought it to school to show my friends. Looking back it was probably pretty dangerous. I'm glad no one died...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

271 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles