i'm going to build this and run my computer audio with it.

• 5 Replies

MagnusWootton

• Replicant

I'm going to build this amp with capacitors resistors spark gaps and wires and it should just plug straight into the computer and run my audio with it,  the spark gaps are the most expensive part,   if I home build it myself,  I can probably make it really cheap,  I could manufacture it maybe.

the weakness of the system is the resistors, they heat up and its hard to make them hi watt...  so I need to get rid of the resistors, if I did the whole thing runs really cool,  never heats up like crappy transistors!!!   Because its all passive components it all runs heaps nicer.

Thanx for lookin'!   I dont mind if u guys learn off me,   But I keep the extra special stuff to myself.   On EEVBLOG and the rest of the electronics forums they HATE MY GUTS!  and Ive got no idea why...   but anyway Im happy I feel like a woman in  engineering,  nobody wants to help me and Im all on my own,  now you know how they feel.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
Re: i'm going to build this and run my computer audio with it.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 12:42:13 pm »
So, I didnt have luck with the marx generator, there was something wrong with my spark gaps!!!

but ive got another attempt at an amp,  it works by repeating back 1's and inserting a -1 on the zeros.  (a unsigned to signed convert.)

i need a trip to the electronics store to go and test it tho.   if its a tiny bit louder, it meant it worked.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 01:54:41 pm »
woops sorry i forgot a couple of wires on the schemmy!!

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 12:12:49 pm »
looks like when that resistance is too low  (I mean the global multiplier) this system is going to have more volt reducteron!!!!

i just need a bit more time....

so i can boost it to 10k,  and see if it works more lower voltage input,   and then if i keep the capacitance down, there is less delay.

But there seems to be some delay on it,  that isnt caused by that,  and i dont know what it is.

The electricity model is a bitch to work out by yourself with noone to trust,  maybe trusting ppl is worse!

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 07:31:07 pm »
I think it will be figured out.  Perhaps we can chat about an electronic BOM (Bill Of Materials)? 

This is a printed wiring board, correct?

Thank you.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 01:03:53 pm »
Hi 8pla.

its only very cheap,  they are only really low farad caps so they cost less than a cent potentially.

Ive wired that new one up,   it does seem to work,  with the catch but only at a higher voltage,  im not sure why, theres some volt loss there im not aware of.

It needs to be low voltage, because i need to use it on a 1 volt line level music signal, to use it for sound amplification,   but as a motor driver, where i can input any amount of volts,   it does actually work as is maybe.  :)   depends I have to test things all the way to the end tho, or its not really a sure thing yet.

But I think it does work (its only fairly simple, theres barely anything to it, it has to work somehow!?!?) ,   ill get back to it sometime,  but i'm doing a bit of programming now.

A better explanation::

Im getting a 1,0,1,0,0,1,0 binary signal,  then I'm supplying a reverse voltage whenever there is a 0,
 (to make 1,-1,1,-1,-1,1,-1) and this is supposed to be twice the amplitude of the input,  via an inversion/passive switching process.
That way I can get an amplification just using passive components.  trying anyway.
The idea is if I make a ladder circuit out of it,  i can go up in lots of x2's and get any amplification.

But it really is a little challenging....    99% of the time im not really sure whats going on,  what I think its going to do, is usually off from what happens,   its driving me mad really,  just got to keep going.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

309 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles