all universal joint robot

• 23 Replies

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
all universal joint robot
« on: June 21, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »
This is a common design for a robot,  and its what well be employing.  the spider and the man come out just about the same except the man has a head, hands and feet - that the spider doesnt need anything except a body for the legs to come together at.

(EDIT: updated the picture to include the "motor controller" wires. but in my system this is controlled at the relay oscillator, which goes left,right,left,right...)
Need to design the claw and the feet plungers yet.   But if I get the spider done I can get on with the human pretty much straight away.  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:44:24 pm by ranch vermin »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: all universal joint robot
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:33 pm »
wow.......

i you plug in that image to google, spider man comes up:
https://www.google.ca/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZitqvYtaCefSq7TwKYaQtfBWocUhdx_1yNZ573GVbJeg2NKllru9-Y60jvxRPFC_1tzEfQdp9t1jr2a9gg9KRh91i4V7107S0awDewuQg7D4lGCDHhMtENf0NoigzgfKxQGyf1-AqIE5byJDIqVBsNYVk8J4SM_1HoZqFZaz4rFSfstsuQutctReK1TT5aTTw5HBObjKd7Zm0ypu5Ggi4--WH-L0ma5cs7lk6B4LzMLDRwcQ3A-mcmQqrFGIu3K8AaOlv8zsRCY22aRUqNb6K0VK10imvq4SYpVq-oRtBFlmwd9IWvn3K_1jfy6A7elK2Mi4jyznwqGnmOofY6STiPaRPU4UtOSDew&btnG=Search%20by%20image&hl=en-CA

at least its not
https://www.google.ca/search?sa=G&hl=en-CA&q=figurine&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&tbs=simg:CAESrQIJTXpyuC16ZpAaoQILEKjU2AQaBAgUCAoMCxCwjKcIGmIKYAgDEij4EvsSzQK3B7IHtAf5ErYHvAejBswkqiHSJsIsnz_1BLL4sxCbRJr8sGjCS4u8HdpAx3jFEw_1BVri22xh5O40OhQk8KhLWaMNmaKqb4pmwNxeZYDRAhKYCsKNMgBAwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBJhbh5IMCxCd7cEJGowBChsKCGZpZ3VyaW5l2qWI9gMLCgkvbS8wMXhtcWoKFwoFcm9ib3TapYj2AwoKCC9tLzA2Zmd3ChcKBW1lY2hh2qWI9gMKCggvbS8wNTU0MgogCg1hY3Rpb24gZmlndXJl2qWI9gMLCgkvbS8wMTdoODYKGQoHY2FydG9vbtqliPYDCgoIL20vMDIxNW4M&fir=If0vVWOgcbkdsM%253A%252CSnAbY2ZbaNZenM%252C_&usg=__StGm5Z2AFnSQuOK-QH_Gk4kZ37M%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjAkpaXqOXbAhUK4oMKHWFhCU0Q9QEIPTAE#imgdii=l7YIkglS1XVCAM:&imgrc=w3xhSryXA-scSM:

or
https://www.google.ca/search?sa=G&hl=en-CA&q=figurine&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&tbs=simg:CAESrQIJTXpyuC16ZpAaoQILEKjU2AQaBAgUCAoMCxCwjKcIGmIKYAgDEij4EvsSzQK3B7IHtAf5ErYHvAejBswkqiHSJsIsnz_1BLL4sxCbRJr8sGjCS4u8HdpAx3jFEw_1BVri22xh5O40OhQk8KhLWaMNmaKqb4pmwNxeZYDRAhKYCsKNMgBAwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBJhbh5IMCxCd7cEJGowBChsKCGZpZ3VyaW5l2qWI9gMLCgkvbS8wMXhtcWoKFwoFcm9ib3TapYj2AwoKCC9tLzA2Zmd3ChcKBW1lY2hh2qWI9gMKCggvbS8wNTU0MgogCg1hY3Rpb24gZmlndXJl2qWI9gMLCgkvbS8wMTdoODYKGQoHY2FydG9vbtqliPYDCgoIL20vMDIxNW4M&fir=If0vVWOgcbkdsM%253A%252CSnAbY2ZbaNZenM%252C_&usg=__StGm5Z2AFnSQuOK-QH_Gk4kZ37M%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjAkpaXqOXbAhUK4oMKHWFhCU0Q9QEIPTAE#imgdii=kem3x5x4oXgaLM:&imgrc=-yKUl-S4tR4_EM:
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 07:03:13 pm »
I'll add your previous version without the red cus it looked just so good:

:->

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
thanks Locksuit,  and others.

The wires are supposed to be there,  but I guess it makes more sense to make them internal or they could get snapped by someone easy,  maybe thats why your eye didnt like them?

We are all prophets,  so I better watch myself. :)

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 08:04:47 pm »
Pray animals have eyes aside, so they can easier see a predator, while predators have eyes in front, close to each other, so they can easier locate a pray. Now, if your bot has only one eye, in front, that makes it... scary, at least.

Well, add to it those nine inch claws...

:vamoosh: 

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:18:49 pm »
Thanks Ivan,  tip put in memory.    It looks mean :)  but it probably will be doing quite ordinary type things,  im not crazy after all. hehe

You see those wires running down the robots arms? (and every robot you see, just about.)

They connect to the motors, so if you cut them the arm is disabled,  and thats why probably best to put them inside the arm, not on the outside.

Theres actually a kind of robot that mechanically connects to the arms and has the motor in the middle,  using universal joints / constant velocity joints,    and its like car dif,  but the legs on it get too fat the more joints you have in a row.  (i was exploring it.)

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 08:26:08 pm »
If you leave those wires outside, they would remind of bodybuilder lodes.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 09:09:02 pm »
coming future plans.

Im going to make the xwalker first (I just have some final issues on the brain.)
then a couple of the humanoids.
And then ill make 3 horses,  one for me,  and the other 2 for the robots.   

And im getting the hell out of public housing,  and away from the mental hospital!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:28:42 am by ranch vermin »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 10:28:56 pm »
Reading and seeing your pics I immediately came up with a favorite of mine (that could very likely have been made or still could be, by those imaginative folks at FESTO) from the movie, The Red Planet and the robot, AMEE. NASA would really be ahead of the game IF it could come close to designing a working robot like AMEE. It appears that such a bot might be extremely versatile for handling all sorts of tasks and require a relatively small amount of space. Yes, I know it's Hollywood but everyone can dream a bit... O0

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 10:50:30 pm »
I think I saw a clip of that movie a while back!

I dont really know what im looking at completely, but gosh its very skinny at its joints!  Must be thick rods at those points or it might snap.

Ive got a similar problem with mine, with the "spin" axis on the joint,   its only held by the tiny little motor shaft the rest of the leg there,  im not sure what to do.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 01:08:01 am »
Ranch, are you really going to build a humanoid robot XD?

As soon as I seen your image, it reminded me of the pirate robots from the video game Rayman The Great Escape.

49:19 --- See the pirate robot?
2:03:55 --- See the pirate robot?
3:50:15 --- is like my creepy sewer dreams
4:37:37 --- You might as well build the big orange BOT.
4:59:45 --- You might as well build the big orange BOT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Tpy80fIHk

1:22 hear the pirate sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQdWubPtK8

hear the beginning a few seconds pirate sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eMccuk9xD4

4:00 omg it's like your on the beach onto the last moment invention https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ir4oAuRZQ
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^
                                                                                                            ^

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 01:34:31 am »
thats cool LockSuit,  but i couldnt make it out of the graphics style.

Everything in video games is ai controlled and is a simple kind of robot,   when you get more truthful physics with ragdolls they end up being virtual environments for ai.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 03:15:24 am »
all black n white, still don't like the wires, see pic

....what about wireless? Internal? Or maybe your first pic has wires just didn't notice them!?!??

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 03:52:00 am »
yeh black wires probably is a good idea.  I wanted em red because i saw this other robot with nice big thick orange ones and i liked it next to the chrome.
But of course theres no point showing off wires when they are so easy to pull off by hand.   just makes it weaker....   so maybe black is better because u cant see them.

Or u put them inside his limbs/pipes, and shield the motors.  yep.  thats probably alot wiser if you wanted it less destructable.

But think of this...  If im putting together an indestructable thing before its gone through the right safety/security tests, im probably worse off.    having nice visible wires there you can yank out if it starts going crazy might be a good plan b, if things start going wrong.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:02 am »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

289 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles