• 22 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: E-Teoria
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 09:01:46 pm »
E-Teoria Markup Language

ETML represents a lisp-ish alternative to HTML. It is conceived as a simple, uniform, and compact kind of structured language that allows tag nesting. In the future, it is planed to be fused with Implika metatheory language to provide a complete alternative to HTML + CSS + XSLT, which will represent a language for describing different Implika systems, as a part of bigger E-Teoria project.

ETML uses `</` and `/>` as opening and closing braces. The first word after the opening brace is considered as a tag denoting the braces content. For example, to denote bold or italic text, we write:
Code
</Bold ... any text goes here ... />
or
Code
</Italic ... any text goes here ... />

In some cases, tag braces can also be nested, for example when denoting text font:
Code
</</Font </Face Sans/> </Size 12pt/>/>
    ... any text goes here ...
/> 

Nested tags allow partial sub-tag assertion.

For now, supported tags (tags are case sensitive) include:
Code
tag        subtag    units
---------------------------
NewLine    /         /
LeftBrace  /         /
RightBrace /         /
Image      /         /
Font       Size      pt, px
Font       Face      /
Bold       /         /
Italic     /         /

All braces have to be balanced. We have to be careful with `(` and `)` symbols, as they have special meaning in Implika, which is not yet fully integrated with ETML. We use the symbols tag equivalents to insert them as a part of textual data.

The code renders ETML textual input to HTML canvas, which is needed for later planed fish-eye distortion, avoiding a need for scroll bars.

Testing editor is here

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 11:02:18 pm »
So... if I want to render the characters </hi just to be awkward... or... how would you print/ render the above instructions?

It doesn't want to render... </Bold ... any text goes here ... />

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 11:08:17 pm »
So... if I want to render the characters </hi just to be awkward...

:)

It isn't awkward, the question is at its place. I'm still considering two options:
Code
</OpenTag/> hi
"</hi"

Currently the first one is implemented, but I'm in favor of the second one right now (considering whitespace in between).

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 11:24:07 pm »
I think I prefer the </OpenTag/> because " is used so often, and would just complicate things, or perhaps | or ' or ~ or even ¬

I've just noticed that weird key left of the 1 key... don't think I've ever used that one lol.

;D
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 11:57:45 am »
Hi Ivan :)

Do you plan to offer the possibility to create DSLs, like Racket for example? Or is "having a unified language" a distinctive feature of the project?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 02:06:18 pm »
Hi Ivan :)

Do you plan to offer the possibility to create DSLs, like Racket for example? Or is "having a unified language" a distinctive feature of the project?

ETML (being a user interface language) is planed to be just a DSL residing inside a more serious Turing complete metalanguage engine. Scripting features like functions, formatting blocks and even procedural structure builders are not supposed to be a part of ETML, but to be handled from the outside metalanguage. Consider metalanguage as analog to php, and ETML as analog to HTML to get a picture of what's going on with me. In that spirit, we will be able to replace HTML with any DSL of our interest.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
That's a good thing, because you said:
Finally, it would be a web site that would unite all the scientific fields and open a possibility to upload different science theory fields that could mutually interact to derive a new, yet undiscovered knowledge.
Scientists from different fields would desire a platform that adapts to their particular needs, in terms of UI, language, and tools. Bridges with existing tools, as well as interviews with potential users, could be considered useful in the design process. You know, at least picking a few people who might be future users, and have a few mails with them, about how they see it... what tools they already use, what E-Teoria could bring on the table, ...etc. Talking with people is an interesting part of the process.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »
That's a good thing, because you said:
Finally, it would be a web site that would unite all the scientific fields and open a possibility to upload different science theory fields that could mutually interact to derive a new, yet undiscovered knowledge.
Scientists from different fields would desire a platform that adapts to their particular needs, in terms of UI, language, and tools. Bridges with existing tools, as well as interviews with potential users, could be considered useful in the design process. You know, at least picking a few people who might be future users, and have a few mails with them, about how they see it... what tools they already use, what E-Teoria could bring on the table, ...etc. Talking with people is an interesting part of the process.

Thank you for a suggestion. I got some response from Reddit thread.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

337 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles