GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
Meghan & Jessica
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:29:45 pm »
Hi everyone. I've the pleasure to introduce you

who say hello to their friends (or sisters?) Trinity & Lola

It's just a little experimentation. First you can hear and see (during one minute) a dialogue between the two characters and then, the character on the right of the screen can be used as an usual Pandorabot.

After loading all the elements, it'll be a good idea to reload the page (F5). There's no link between the two Haptek characters, only two independant scripts. That's why, if possible, please don't forget to say a little prayer, to hope getting a good synchronisation (if not, use F5 one more time!). An evident solution is to extend the delay between two sentences, but the dialogue might seem a little clumsy.

As you can see, I used the amazing Lola provided by HAPTEK (bizlady.htr), and the lovely red hair designed by NIGE (many thanks to him). The only real creation is the light, who gives pretty (IMHO) blue eyes to the bots. The brain is the AAA AIML set of PANDORABOTS, with a small beginning update file.

Hope you'll enjoy it. Please tell me if something works wrong. Sure I could bring many improvements. First, to my knowledge about JavaScript... :(
"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
Re: Meghan & Jessica
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:02:47 pm »
that was  very impressive, everyone contributing did an excellent job. i can see far reaching potential with that one.~~alady
~~if i only had a brain~~

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 01:15:40 am »
Thanks alady. On another site, I found an nice image named gazje.jpg. I don't put the link here but you know where it is located! It'll be great if these lovely twin sisters suddenly started moving and talking.

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »
i am not sure how to get them in the same window or to get them working like the others do. but it would be fun......

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 05:20:31 pm »
Nice work again :)  All worked fine for me, again I like the amusing little chat they have.

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 12:21:37 am »
Alady, as you noticed, sometimes, it's possible to put two Haptek characters in the same window of the player. But we can only control one of both. That's why I cheated and used two windows. And that's why the synchronisation may fail. And that's why I need to learn many things about JavaScript...

Thanks again Freddy. And happy that all works fine. I just modified the scripts and I hope you two will find the dialogue a little bit more funny (work in progress). :)

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 03:28:33 pm »
i was able to get them both to move in the same window , but as you know not both to talk. but i am still trying

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »
Take a look in the Haptek SDK for the \SetName command.  Using that you should be able to load two models and give them different names.  I'm guessing you have two of the same models loaded in which case they could possibly share the same name.  Using that command you may be a ble to differentiate between them ok.

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 11:11:42 am »
Thanks Freddy. This is a good reason to seriously read the Haptek Guide. :) I shall try to put Meghan and Jessica in a single window. But I fear to encounter little problems with the dialogue. Or maybe by using ogg files instead of TTS voices?

Alady, I read your posts here and elsewhere. I have a great admiration for you and all your work. Especially for this: Dreams DO Come True, with two characters in the same window.

A very nice and amazing video. ::)

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 02:37:49 pm »
Dreams was a movie trick where you take 2 vids and put one actor on a blue screen then you drag the blue screen movie on top of the true movie . it creates a fading affect which is similar to 2 characters in one window. but in actuality the way to get them both in there is to drag one into the already used window, but then one will not move much or talk so it is a challenge. if you figure it out in a way i can understand i am all ears. ;D
thank you so very much for the compliments. we artists love to get them ::)~~alady

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:04:54 am »
Thanks Alady, for explaining the howto of your video. All this was very mysterious to me. I'd like to have your knowledge about graphics softwares.

Yes, you're a real artist (as I guess, in the real life too). And it's normal that an artist wants to be recognized. I sincerely think that many members here could be considered as artists. Virtual reality and artificial intelligence often approach art. But people more authorized than me wrote articles and books about the subject. :)

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 03:25:47 am »
Hey GT40 (cool name) and cool work on Meghan & Jessica, you're right ALADYBLOND is very talented and got me started in all of this too!!  I feel I owe her big time for all of that.  She's got more artistic talent than I'll ever have.  I started fooling around with Poser but it doesn't come out very well most of the time, even my people putty faces look like guys with long hair.  There's definitely some talent floating around here, just have to stop and smell the roses once in awhile.  Keep up the good work.
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 07:06:33 pm »
you, gentleman are all very nice to say those kind words,some things i trial and error taught myself, but  i have to give credit where it is due, long ago doc benway helped me learn a lot of things about hal and freddy also , then jim-duskrider, art, neil and gamer tom, vittorio rossi,  contibuted to me learning also. i sculpt in real life as a hobby and write novels i never publish, but hal graphics have been a learnng process and a combined effort from many helping hands.
there are so many good and talented graphics people on these forums i am in awe of some of their work. thank you fellas, for making my day.

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:04:12 am »
Hi dan and thank you. About PeoplePutty, I installed the demo version. But the first time I wanted to use it, the delay had expired and I was unable to create anything. :D Maybe I'll buy it later, to make specifics ogg files.

Alady, nothing to add. I remember the first time I wrote you (on another forum). I told you was a "star" in AI World (hey guys, I'm sure you agree with this). So it was your day. Nice isn't it?

And many thanks for the wink. From aladybrown? ;)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

319 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles