Releasing full AGI/evolution research

• 290 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Releasing full AGI/evolution research
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 03:16:34 am »
Because they didn't have the technology back then. The Vietnam war wasn't officially declared over until 1975 and there was no such thing as a PC or home computer, let along small enough technology to understand or implement a small enough form factor to allow such things as Drones to be produced or even conceived!!

We have come a long way in 40 years, from small to large and still can't decide which is better! Small Tv's, Small radios, Small ICs, transistors, modules, etc. then larger TVs, Big Screens...Big cars then smaller more efficient cars and the ping pong match continues. But drones in the Mid 70's afraid not.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2020, 12:41:28 am »
Linking my last big threads of progress:
code - https://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14561.90
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:24:41 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2020, 10:27:44 pm »
Reddit removed my AGI book thread, perhaps it was the spiritual kid I was arguing with or an ignorant "leader". Mods fault either way.

anyway new post
https://www.reddit.com/r/agi/comments/g9vzeo/how_the_human_brain_does_math_with_examples/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:14:12 am by LOCKSUIT »

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2020, 10:55:46 pm »
The reason they removed your post is because you had an odd number of Elf Heads, most people confuse Elf and Elve, the latter being an upward electrical cloud discharge.  An Elf Head however is awarded for each logical reference in a thought, after reading your post you only managed an odd number (-3)… so they removed it.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2020, 01:46:18 am »
Don't give up genai. You are improving, albeit very slowly. It is a long road and you are starting late but it will be enough to have traveled a little way along it.

You need to eat better food or you won't be alive to enjoy it much longer. I'd also recommend researching the concept of empathy. Even if you don't have any, you can always fake it. When people actually like you, they are more inclined to listen to what you have to say.

PS I'm not going to unblock you here yet, but you may take some comfort in the fact that I haven't blocked you anywhere else yet. Given your track record, consider that as a win.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2020, 04:18:52 am »
I've been watching /r/agi for a while.  It's not uncommon (seems like every week or two lately) for someone to show up saying, "I'm starting a new AGI project, join me!" or "AGI isn't that complicated, I figured it all out this morning in the shower, bask in the glory of my theories!"  None of these people have demonstrable results, just half-baked ideas -- and after annoying the subreddit residents for a bit, they soon disappear again.  So I think everyone over there is a little jaded.  Can you really blame them?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2020, 05:14:21 am »
Ya I noticed the kids there, it looked like me in my early days, they are/ were me, yet distasteful as well isn't it - it isn't good they have less experience. I noticed kids wait on every question and are precise, adults will pick only the cherries, kids are much more free timed... good while bad, no free lunch.

It was actually, utterly hilarious, that one kid was talking just like me when I began, like oh ya this is simple, it's do all this by doing this, [overlooking things], etc

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2020, 05:33:53 am »
I've been watching /r/agi for a while.  It's not uncommon (seems like every week or two lately) for someone to show up saying, "I'm starting a new AGI project, join me!" or "AGI isn't that complicated, I figured it all out this morning in the shower, bask in the glory of my theories!"  None of these people have demonstrable results, just half-baked ideas -- and after annoying the subreddit residents for a bit, they soon disappear again.  So I think everyone over there is a little jaded.  Can you really blame them?

I just assumed they were all the OP of this thread, creating a new account every time he got banned.

We used to get a lot of those types here, but it's been a while. I don't miss them at all because they would get abusive when they didn't win any converts to their cause. The Reddit moderators typically ban them before they even get to that stage.

Due credit to our moderators, being crazy here won't get you banned, but being abusive will.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2020, 08:08:46 am »
Consider video. Humans recognize object features, like apple, stem, curve, even a dot. Some apples are green, some are distorted, some may look like a piano (almost never lol). It is the shape of a piano, and the color and texture zig zags of an apple, so depending on which you focus on you will notice one in isolation. Of course to recognize 'apple' fully will require not just texture and color but also shape, meaning 'apple' doesn't activate fully because it has the shape of a piano in our case here. But it can be sure it is most likely an apple for various reasons, and edible. We can recognize an apple being thrown as 'motion' and 'motion of apple'. Human seem to write text as they see vision, like I lift my arm and throw a ball to Tom. So humans will see a sequence of these features like apple...moving...hits wall....apple disappears....wall remains. And humans will remember important features like food and will talk about them on their own to creating related data. Humans use text as their gateway to say what they are thinking. Apples, motion, and shapes appear on Earth multiple places, there's re-occurrence. Vision can store a sequence in an image or a video of images. Position matters less in a single frame unless you pay attention to a let's say pirate map painting a trail to an X like a>b>c>d>X...in that case you see a sequence in a single image! However how long did you look at the image? Ah so it was a video, of what you saw in order. You always see 1 feature at a time, it may be 'apple', or 'multiple fruit', and when it is 'apple' it may slightly activate 'multiple fruit' if the surrounds seep into your attention by accident.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2020, 03:07:21 pm »
Its cool to realize that there are more things than things, because motions and arrangements of visible things are useful too... So, you memorize those motions and arrangements, then recognize them one at a time! But how do you realize what’s useful to recognize? We do most of it with reward systems and the guidance of symbols, (which can indicate indirectly rewarding things). We have no inherent reward system for a lamp, but lamps can lead to things with direct rewards (limbic system), which is what we’re after. We can adapt a decreasing limbic response to indirectly rewarding things to help us remember them, and their order.

An arrangement of symbols can immortalize, and transfer, a useful (leading to rewards) separation of features from the background, * (which I guess would be the very first noticed thing) *. But then how do our reward systems know what’s useful and warranting a reward? Evolution causes everything to have reward systems aligned with the survival of its species. Evolution for AGI would = changes which cause survival. The exact nature of the reward system should match the capabilities of the AGI. The reward system should morph to maximize survival, which should prompt alterations to the AGI’s capabilities to maximally satisfy the new reward system. By then the environment will have changed the reward system even further, which would indicate new useful changes to the AGI’s capabilities. Does this go on forever? Things can't improve forever...

Yervelcome

• Roomba
  • Not Morgan Freeman
    • Artificial Knowledge Workers
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2020, 05:26:50 pm »
The "lamp" example is instructive. If you want to classify it based on rewards and sub-rewards, you can split it into two types of utility:

1. How to use it - "I'm in the dark, and I want light to see".
2. What to call it - "I want communicate this clearly to others, to tell them to turn it on, or to tell them to buy one, etc".

These two are two different types of utility.

In the case of (1), I actually don't care if it's a lamp, a chandelier, a standing lamp, or a wall light. I want to take action that helps me see.
In the case of (2), the specific name and type is important, because I have to communicate it to others using words.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2020, 11:00:46 pm »
NOTE: just read my book lol.... latest version >>> https://workupload.com/file/ZK2zt4PJDev

HS says "so, reward and...?"

The 4 golden supreme importance factor/determiner in recognition, and prediction after the recognized context, is based on reward, frequency, energy remaining in nodes, and relation to story words. The prediction is affected by story words, the words in the story are clarified from 'it' to what they refer to or from 'bank' to 'river', and words in the story are recognized as other similar words if need during finding matches. Once gather matches, you take the end word to get the entail prediction candidates.

HS your thoughts are all over the place.... :) Not that bad this time I guess though.

The 2 golden tricks in the brain is How to talk truthfully in the maze of sentence planning, and where to go in the maze of thought paths (reward). Frequency and reward and relatedWords works all this....it'll talk like GPT-2 but about stuff like dirty waifues and nanobots. Truth=good prediction. Trust = context....same thing, all decisions are based on context, be it leaf falling or brain worrying about a tree leaf.

HS asks "how long does evolution and goal updating last for"
The God sphere is the final technology. The final iphone. The ultimate machine. The instant regenerator and best predictor of the future. A hive of cooperative nanobots. It can morph and create anything at high speeds, like TV screens but in 3D. The whole thing is a wireless distributed network that acts as neuron nodes, hands, and eyeballs. The brain is the body sensors and motors simultaneously. Goal is always Survival. Units have sub goals like find food or attack enemy ship or find where John went in the fridge basement and need his iphone and find the oldest msg on it.... goals update yes, by related words, food=money, money=programming, etc....which allows reward to transfer node to node and leak just like energy. Root goals are harder to change. Your higher layer goals do change until get to the final form that survives most probablistically.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2020, 01:29:28 am »
Note: GPT-2 trained on 40GB of text, but I show below what also makes it tick besides dataset frequencies.

In this video I do tests to GPT-2 and show proof that the word to predict is heavily influenced by story words no matter where they are in the story. Watch as I force GPT-2 to change the %s as I add words to various places. Notice also, as I show at the end using "bab7" (y4Fa2b works too), if it seen it follow in the story, it makes it even more likely, even though never seen in the dataset. Also, when you talk about trees etc it will also boost up not only trees candidates but leafs grass etc etc. It uses something like Word2vec not only to recognize the sentence (it also focuses on important words so to summarize it), but also for voting on the prediction candidates, see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWd-LBgC9UM&feature=youtu.be

It allows it to consider/ recognize very very long unseen context by using something like word2vec to find context matches that aren't exact and by focusing on important words that are more rare, and then to stretch even longer and become more accurate as well it boosts candidate predictions using remaining energy from prior activations. More recent words boost the predictions the most, they have not lost energy as much.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:07:57 pm by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2020, 12:55:38 pm »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:32:56 pm by LOCKSUIT »

krayvonk

• Electric Dreamer
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2020, 01:36:31 pm »
You know what would be a good form for a robot - in a text based system?
Try plugging in AD&D second edition missions,  and u have 2 ppl in the "dialogue" ,  The doungeon master, and the player.

It would only have to be 2 components,  because the dungeon master counts for all the other players maybe.
This way, it can occupy the position of both the doungeon master, and the player, in the "dialogue"

Then if you wanted it to be a real robot,  you need to do a computer vision thing, where it turns into the doungeon master text,
and then the robot acts as the player, so you have to convert the player text, into the robot actions.   At all the moments where the player succeeds, add a doggy treat,  and itll always search for these moments.

Then you just have to non-stop type in fast forwards for a couple of years to build up the 40 gigabytes of text,   and then it should be ready to go!  =)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

266 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles