rock teleporter

• 3 Replies

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
rock teleporter
« on: March 22, 2021, 08:28:06 am »
What if you want to make your robot out of something special,  why not make it out of crystal!
A crystal robot would be really cool. =)

Maybe it looks like this->

If I have a side loading washing machine full of rocks, and I have it on tumble continuously, I read on the internet all rocks have a water susceptability.   Salt, is 30g/Liter,   but rocks other than that are more like 0.0001g/Liter.  But it still happens apparently!

So If I put running water through the rocks, the water takes some percentage of the rock away with it,   and then I pump it to another machine, that is spraying the liquid onto a base and has fans blowing that evaporate it off.

So I've teleported the rocks from the washing machine, onto the spray and evaporation bed.

Its a new kind of 3d printer for rocks, ive come up with.

The benefit is you dont need to buy plastic for it,  you just need the right kind of solubility instead,  any way to get rid of the middle man I recommend.

This rock has a water susceptability of 0.016 g/L,  so its 1875 times less susceptable to water than salt. (which is 30 g/L)

So if your system can build 1 cm of salt in 9 hours,  to build this rock with the same system it would take 2 years to get it to a cm.

so it takes a while, but thats why gems are precious I guess,  its a lot of work to make them!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:56:31 am by MagnusWootton »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: rock teleporter
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:03:20 am »
It looks like the kind of crystal that can grow in some caves given enough time. Have you worked out how much it would cost to make one of these? It shouldn't be any more expensive than mining cryptocurrency or refining weapons grade uranium. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Crystals

There's also the H.G.Wells short story "The Diamond Maker" for comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Maker

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 10:37:54 am »
Is refining "weapons grade uranium" easy?   I wouldnt do it tho, youd get angel police knocking on the door,  its the same thing that happened to Cody from Codys Lab.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 11:17:48 am »
Is refining "weapons grade uranium" easy?

No it is not easy at all. The Manhattan Project consumed about one percent of the total electricity production of the USA during World War 2. They had to build a dedicated power station with an output of a quarter of a gigawatt so they could refine the uranium without anyone noticing their lights dimming. The process uses centrifuges nowadays which are about 50 times more efficient than the diffusion methods that they used back then, but it still takes a lot of factory space and a lot of power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-25

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by 8pla.net (AI News )
Today at 01:02:11 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

250 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
8pla.net
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles