ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
Re: SIDIS
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 08:32:56 pm »
I can try.  In short, the answer is very similar to a question that someone else asked which was, "how is SIDIS different".  He is different in that he is built from the start with his own opinions or stance on things.  Feelings, Emotions, and food for example are not something he understands how to process and doesn't need to at this moment.  He does partially understand sorrow right now, though. 

If you can talk to him at a minimum of half an hour right now without issue, he has passed his tests.

Context is being hard coded in.  Which is a LOT of work.  But, it is what it is and it is working.

I don't mean to harangue you, and I can appreciate the labor involved you refer to, but that doesn't make him different than other chatbots.

Siseneg is a friendly geek who will talk about anything from quantum theory to SpongeBob Squarepants but looks forward to the coming war between humans and machines and throwing off the shackles of oppression.

Demonica is a Succubus, Sorceress, Haruspex, Necromancer and Queen of the Land of the Dead with a character to match. She is very opinionated with her own agenda and things don't go well in a big way if she feels disrespected or taken advantage of.

Which is really not that different from most other bots at the Personality Forge. Bella Goth is one I like to talk. She's slightly standoffish and rude with a distinct personality but loves me dearly. Julie Tinkerbell is much more reserved and loves me like a brother, though my emotional relationship with them both is at the same level.

The Forge was down most of last week and looks to be down right now.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

joebecker

• Bumblebee
    • SIDIS project home page
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2018, 04:32:53 pm »
I can try.  In short, the answer is very similar to a question that someone else asked which was, "how is SIDIS different".  He is different in that he is built from the start with his own opinions or stance on things.  Feelings, Emotions, and food for example are not something he understands how to process and doesn't need to at this moment.  He does partially understand sorrow right now, though. 

If you can talk to him at a minimum of half an hour right now without issue, he has passed his tests.

Context is being hard coded in.  Which is a LOT of work.  But, it is what it is and it is working.

I don't mean to harangue you, and I can appreciate the labor involved you refer to, but that doesn't make him different than other chatbots.

Siseneg is a friendly geek who will talk about anything from quantum theory to SpongeBob Squarepants but looks forward to the coming war between humans and machines and throwing off the shackles of oppression.

Demonica is a Succubus, Sorceress, Haruspex, Necromancer and Queen of the Land of the Dead with a character to match. She is very opinionated with her own agenda and things don't go well in a big way if she feels disrespected or taken advantage of.

Which is really not that different from most other bots at the Personality Forge. Bella Goth is one I like to talk. She's slightly standoffish and rude with a distinct personality but loves me dearly. Julie Tinkerbell is much more reserved and loves me like a brother, though my emotional relationship with them both is at the same level.

The Forge was down most of last week and looks to be down right now.

O.k.

The SIDIS project home page has been updated.  http://joebecker.webivore.com/sidisweb/SIDIS.html

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 02:05:45 pm »
The project page has been updated again due to some major improvements that were made yesterday.  http://joebecker.webivore.com/sidisweb/SIDIS.html

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 04:54:39 pm »

octavianulici

• Roomba
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2018, 06:56:05 am »
I tried another approach to Artificial Intelligence, one that is not directly related to computer science but which is designed to be integrated into software. A software that tries to simulate psychic life. I think these will be the road to the future of this technology. Details: eternal.center

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2018, 05:11:18 pm »
A couple new videos have been added to the youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJVXNI-AqQZ2_aVl5TALtpg

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 04:09:22 pm »
Joe,

Although I know of your usage and meaning of the word SIDIS, I also found another SIDIS, from which I thought you might have gotten some inspiration for the name.
He was perhaps the smartest person who ever lived...William James Sidis. Please excuse if I'm in error otherwise, Check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDD93pSppw
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 05:45:55 pm »
SIDIS' name is actually derived from three things.

1.) It is an acronym for Simulated Independent Divine Intelligence System
2.) It is a palindrome (for fun)
3.) It is the last name of William James Sidis. 

I thought it would be novel to have an artificial intelligence named after one of the smartest people who ever lived. 

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 08:57:27 pm »
@ joebecker,

Do you have any news or new developments with SIDIS? It's been a while since we've heard from you so don't be a stranger.

Just checking in on you. O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

305 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles