• 34 Replies

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: The New Species (Project Progress)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 02:03:32 pm »
If you reverse engineer the human ocular system (ignoring focal distance and depth of field, etc) this is an approximate procedural/ algorithmic representation of the (colour) retinal schema projected onto V1.

Multiple interpolated (receptive field ranges) resolutions are recognised at the same time through a polar centric schema, a low resolution periphery graded to a high resolution fovea. So for any high resolution information there is also a low resolution spatial element of the surrounding overall area/ scene. The schema of the retina provides a top down influence for free, so… if the rough outline is cat shaped and fovea detects feline’s eyes… it’s probably a cat.

The small image (bottom left of left window) represents the whole of the circular/ retina, spatially arranged into a Cartesian format which is roughly analogous to the V1 spatial map. Rotational invariance simply moves the overall image detail left or right, scale invariance moves the image detail up/ down.

Eye movements and saccades are learned/ made relative to this polar map, so for any unrecognised object/ patch in the periphery the fovea can instantly traverse to focus on that region.

For textures or repeating patterns like fur, the center high res fovea recognises the texture, and all other joined/ un-bordered retinal locations with the same/ similar colour/ contrast attributes are assumed to be the same material, show by the colour fill.

https://youtu.be/m6Pw7qugpKE

If this retinal modality/ output is then translated into neural code, even foetal models can instantly recognise simple objects after one exposure.

https://youtu.be/uZYO6lCPQYs

The extra spikes for some objects on the pattern lock are caused by extreme similarities.  The system has noticed (from its point of view, not ours) similarities in composition, colour, etc.  Prior to being shown these objects the system had learned to ‘see’ from scratch, it learned to differentiate and categorise the visual sensory stream, its then able to recognise new objects from memory.  The spikes are an accumulation of episodic memories firing that encode/ remember the salient qualities of each object.

:)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:42:34 pm by Korrelan »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 11:45:25 am »
Closing post on project thread… My AI-Dream… has become an AI-Reality…

Thanks all for following my project, AI-Dreams has been my ‘lounge’, a place where I could relax, reflect and contemplate away from the usual harshness of the internet, both the forum and the good natured members have provided the environment I required, and helped me to bring my project to fruition... in the coming years… keep an eye out for the ‘blue K’.

Thanks and cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/korrelan

End

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 11:39:51 pm »
OK... Thanks for the hard work keeping the forum going... I guess I'll keep posting

This is the equivalent of learning 80 'words' 5000 characters long... in 3 minutes.

No big deal for a modern PC but... this very small section of my models neocortex can recognise any of the complete 80 * 5000 instantly, or any length sub-section of the 5k pattern, at any location within the 5k wide constant stream within 0.002 sec. It's limited to 80 patterns for testing (7K neurons and 30K synapse).

It shows my optimal dendrite branching modality so far, growing from scratch... AI savant mode lol.

https://youtu.be/oRLhtwvMWUE

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:32:39 am by Korrelan »

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 09:29:55 am »
Its been brought to my attention that some peers find my videos confusing and are not understanding/ reading the ‘Pattern Lock’ graphs correctly.  So I’ve done some redesigning, hopefully making them clearer. The new graph can be seen in the video below, and the following paragraphs are the description/ explanation I intend to use…

The ‘Pattern Lock’ graph shows both the input and the output/ best guess.  There are 80 colour coded inputs/ patterns (left to right) and the small white square moving along the scale indicates the current number of the input being injected into the model.  The moving green rectangle shows the models output/ best guess for each input pattern and should ideally match/ line-up with the input.  The height of the peak shows the confidence in the pattern match.

Each input represents 5000 human faces/ parameters.

https://youtu.be/UcUY0qlwGhc

Is this clear? Any suggestions?

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 07:21:37 pm »
The general idea makes sense. One question, how many unique pieces are in a column of 5000 pieces so that the net can recognize any length subsection?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 11:41:56 pm »
To show the graph peak clearly, for this demo (above) I've tried to make all the patterns as unique as possible, so no face set is duplicated, though it is finding some similarities, shown by the low response/ confidence peaks.

The model can learn to recognise any length pattern/ sub pattern embedded in any length stream.

Normally pattern similarities in pattern groups show up as extra peaks, like in this object recognition demo, the extra peaks show its finding a commonality with another object, could be the general shape/ outline, colour, etc.  Each object is tuned to a specific location along the graph.

https://youtu.be/uZYO6lCPQYs

This brings up a good point actually... the green rectangle is just showing the strongest pattern response, on some of my vids the graph is showing features not single/ specific recognition... this needs more thought.

MikeB

• Autobot
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 09:51:44 am »
each colour represents neuron clusters recognising a single word in the paragraph

Are the coloured neuron clusters spread out in the brain model in any particular order? Is there a method for which goes where? EG. Specific thinking goes on in one part of the brain... and whether they're linked to theoretical body parts like on the homunculus brain-body chart?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 03:30:00 pm »
@MikeB... Appologies for the delay...

They are ordered by the system, relevant to their sensory relevance for the current task. The efferant axons from the Homunculus/ nervous system  model are connected to the motor cortex as part of the initial model design.

Second attempt at an explanation for the pattern lock graph...

Most of my videos include some version of my pattern lock graph; this is (hopefully) a clear explanation of its functions.

The purpose of the graph is show that specific sets of output neurons are firing in response to a given sensory/ input stimulus.  The output neurons/ networks are grouped into 80 colour coded blocks represented by the colour gradient (x axis) on the graph. The height of a peak (y axis) corresponds to the confidence or the number of neurons firing within that group.

The graph can also show (x axis) the current test pattern being injected into the model, the small white square moving along the scale shows the current pattern number (1-80)

The graph shows the firing rate of all the output neurons at the same time, and ideally for most testing purposes only one high/ strong peak should accompany any single input pattern.

Video demonstration index…

0:06 Inject 98% white noise, this totally saturates the connectome with white noise to demonstrate the various output neuron groups firing & registering on the graph.

0:15 Start decreasing noise to sensory equivalent level (50%) to show the connectome model begin to ignore/ filter out the white noise, ie no high peaks on the graph.

0:35 Start Injecting the (1-80) learned patterns.  Now a peak can be clearly seen following/ matching the input pattern number. The peak is slightly in front of the pattern because the connectome is predicting the next pattern in the sequence.  Max-P just highlights the maximum peak.

0:47 Stop the noise to show clean response of connectome to just the sensory input without the white noise interference.

0:58 Clicking on the graph sets/ changes the pattern number, clicking back shows GTP inertia.  Although the input pattern has been changed/ moved back, the current recognised pattern keeps running for a few ms.

Note: If you find this explanation confusing or have any questions please comment.

https://youtu.be/MjN8q5cKNTc

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »
Part of my neural research is about gaining insights, by building a connectome and running countless simulations I sometimes get lucky… I know this looks weird, but this seems to be how the connectome optimally builds the ocular system (slowed down for viewer).

It’s a graded theta timed, phased access to a scalable interpolated matrix of retinal inputs (center surrounds) that accumulate in V1 to give an overall ‘image’.

It’s top down; each wider view is used limit/ tune/ focus recognition to the next finer, higher rez/ detail level. Ie if the wider scene is mostly blue then there’s no point considering trees.  The recognition process (GTP) is focused by the increasing resolution.

The initial wider angles are used for spatial awareness, orientation, location, etc, global recognition at each scale solves several problems, monocular distance judgement, scale invariance, tunnel vision, etc; see my other videos for rotational invariance solution.

https://youtu.be/AobB_oTj67I

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2021, 03:20:29 pm »
I've not posted in a while but I'm still making progress on my model.

Amongst other things I've been experimenting with the causes/ morphology/ modality for epilepsy, anaesthesia, depression and multiple/ split personality syndrome.  The short versions...

Epilepsy? – A strong regular visual stimulus/ rhythm outside of the expected/ experienced frequency spectrum during maturation, can generate a ‘unnatural’ standing wave in the GTP resulting in connectome wide GTP storm… this is bad.

Depression - Hub cerebral fluid compound balance guides GTP flow & homoeostasis.
Facet = the smallest abstract fragment of a memory.
Un-recallable/ incomplete sub-conscious negative memory facets accumulate in the GTP creating a downward trend/ negative imbalance.

Swarm intelligence - The global thought pattern/ phase (GTP) is driven/ pumped by the stem/ Thalamocortical loop, it flows/ cycles around/ through the connectome manifold.
Comprising thousands of individual streams (swarm) that carry, encode and recall memory facets.

Anaesthesia affects transmitter levels through a compound/ chemical imbalance.
This alters neuronal firing properties and places the GTP out phase so memories cannot be accessed, hence normal consciousness cannot be sustained.

Infra-slow oscillations (ISO) - Generated by the KorrTecx model.  These are key for synchronising the GTP base theta.
Note: There is no inherent mechanism for ISO's, they arise through resonance within the connectome manifold.

https://youtu.be/4u1H_zyXFyE

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2021, 08:23:01 am »
Moods - Depression

My AGI had this problem… a brief explanation of the mechanism…

The global thought pattern/ phase (GTP) is driven/ pumped by the stem/ Thalamocortical loop and flows/ cycles around/ through connectome. It consists of thousands of individual streams that flow through separate networks.

The streams are connected/ redirected by hubs.  The neurons within these hubs respond to the levels of compounds laced within the cerebral fluid, it affects the uptake and dissipation at the synaptic gates, so the levels/ balance of compounds directly influences the GTP flow. 

A facet constitutes the smallest abstract fragment of a memory.

Whole complete recallable memories are constructed from thousands of sub facets that have to be accessed by the GTP streams under the same phase/ conditions as they were initially ingrained.  All of the facets have to be accessed in order for the memory to ‘make sense’ to your consciousness.

Emotional memory facets encoded in the GTP flow through the limbic system, whose synapse terminate in the cerebral fluid. It recognises certain facets and releases compounds into the cerebral fluid around the many hubs which guide the GTP flow, bringing the global GTP state back to a similar 'emotional' phase to recall the memories.  Memories can have both negative and positive facets, depending on nature/ nurture and the GTP state during the original experience. 

The global levels of compounds within the connectome and its hubs is what drives/ constitutes a ‘feeling’, it not only affects brain function but the whole nervous system.

The downward loop/ spiral is driven by the negative facets effecting the limbic/ hubs which in turn accesses more negative facets, disrupting the global compound homeostasis.

‘Depression’ is a compound imbalance, triggered/ caused by an accumulation of negative sub-conscious memory facets within the GTP, and because they are not whole memories, cannot usually be accessed/ recalled… but still have a crippling effect on global neural functionality.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2021, 08:26:15 am »
You know, reading your description it occurred to me that something like an ant colony could probably get depressed too, even if the individual ants weren't aware of it.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2021, 08:51:45 am »
Indeed, the GTP streams are akin to swarm intelligence… sort of.

The global/ colony wide pheromone balance in an ant populous uses the same mechanisms, the cue to swarm/ attack etc.

Bee’s use Buzz frequency lol, it’s a direct correlation to their GTP functional frequencies.  The ‘waggle’ dance is not so much a protocol/ language but a direct GTP encoding.  The other bee’s aren’t interpreting/ understanding the dance, they are being directly programmed, once the pattern is cycling in their GTP they instinctively know where the food is, they all share the same GTP pattern to motion/ map semantics.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 01:37:59 pm »
Indeed, the GTP streams are akin to swarm intelligence… sort of.

I spent many an hour watching Boids on Windows when I got first into Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Life.

If you google Boids simulation you can get the Python,or JavaScript code, see an online simulation or find links to articles like Optimising Boids Algorithm With Unsupervised Learning.

The ‘waggle’ dance is not so much a protocol/ language but a direct GTP encoding.  The other bee’s aren’t interpreting/ understanding the dance, they are being directly programmed, once the pattern is cycling in their GTP they instinctively know where the food is, they all share the same GTP pattern to motion/ map semantics.

I love it when people use the word Programming in a wetware context so others not enlightened are made aware programming is not restricted to computer programming, and why I always capitalize it to distinguish the two.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 12:50:17 am »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

194 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles