Ultron7's J.A.R.V.I.S. Discussion

• 24 Replies

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
Re: Ultron7's J.A.R.V.I.S. Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 03:03:48 am »
Yay!  I've been appointed the author of this awesome new thread --  Woo Hoo!
I may download the C++ source and compile it on Linux when I have a chance.
Thing is, I'm running SQLite 2.0 at the moment, so I may have to upgrade first.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »
Actually the installation does everything for you. Then you can download the source zip. You just need to have MinGW installed before you can run this.
You don't need to download SQLite 3 as I have it included in the source.

Also let me know how it goes (if it even does) on Linux. I will need to start thinking about portability since I also want this mobile (Android and smartwatches) but no support for Apple users.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 06:52:41 pm »
Thanks for linking the Moby project. I know what you mean about having different structures, it makes most of all available word lists either incompatible or flawed after conversion, but the lists of names and abbreviations could always come in handy.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 10:27:43 pm »
Actually, since I am coding the converter myself I could easily fix conversion problems (from .txt or similar to my format) however there just isn't such data anywhere (word + type). I have found huge word lists and have managed to make a program that converts the .txt list to my .db format but that's about it.

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:23:30 am »
That is what I meant. My database handles word types differently than the classic grammatical "noun", "adjective" etc. structure, except names, amounts and numbers. So even if I converted such word lists, a great deal of words would be misclassified. Instead I use morphology and grammar to let the program categorise words on its own, but that's not a perfect solution either. I wonder if other grammar parsers do use strictly word lists of noun/adverb/adjective/verb categories.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 11:43:12 am »

I am also working on another prototype program much like Jarvis, except it's chatbot focuses on grammar and morphology. In the future I plan to merge these two prototypes and form a chatbot (named Jocasta) that is to never make a logical mistake while chatting.

Anyways, for the moment I could use even the basic classifications and theoretically I could make a secondary program to estimate and judge a type of word (according to my classification) by exploring how it is used in different sentences. My idea for the next version was to have a more specific word classification (which is essential since like this it cannot differentiate between a  whale and a table).

This would be something like: noun -> entity -> name -> personal;                (Jonathan)
                                                    noun -> entity -> item -> tool -> electronic;    (multimeter)
                                                    verb -> animal -> human;                                    (crying)

See, I believe we naturally classify things (entities, actions...) in a similar manner, however we also have some sort of bio-databases further explaining each - what does crying mean we should do? Does it depend on who is crying? Is Jonathan a friend or foe?

This is designed so the chatterbot can reply accurately (in context) and make sense. Jarvis will never 'understand' what he is saying, nor what he is listening to. He will however, be able to take appropriate action and write a logical response to what he hears, much like we do.

A real AGI would be able to make this classification on it's own, by exploring life like we do. For that, it cannot be stuck in a stationary computer and learn about life by reading what he is told. Try describing colors to someone who was born blind. Yeah, same with Jarvis.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 09:22:27 pm »
I have been recently studying openGL, serial communications and more through openFrameworks - a C++ toolset which I recently learned about. The tool is amazing and makes simple tasks the way they should be - simple. However the graphics required for me next (and actually usable) release of JARVIS are far from simple.

For the HUD I am looking to make a globe which involves a lot of details on it's own - and a lot of functionality. But for a start I will be satisfied with making the hexagon sphere around it. It is supposed to be semi-transparent and made out of hexagons - obviously - and I have no idea how to achieve this. I've been thinking buckyballs:

http://notime.arts.ucla.edu/zerowave/images/print/Push.jpg

But I would require a larger version (with more hexagons) and also I believe it would be best if they would be curved (as if the shapes were drawn onto a plain ball).

I realize there is not much of you with experience on this, but hope is not to be given up. OpenFrameworks have a poor collection of tutorials and it is hard utilizing the many openGL tutorials since many functions are wrapped or available under different names.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 08:14:03 pm »
Hello everyone!

I accidentally stumbled upon a reference somewhere to my JARVIS project that is discussed here and I got nostalgic. I was also amazed by the view count on the topic so I suppose I sort of owe everyone an update.

Sadly I don't have any incredible creation to showcase, however I just wanted to state that the project still lives! Currently in a slightly different form - a machine-learning capable, artificially intelligent IoT network managed from a computer cluster. It is still in it's young phases however a working web and mobile interface as well as a demo IoT/Web server running on raspberry pi is already fully functional. I will gladly post a topic on the entire subject as it is very big and interdisciplinary, involving both hardware, software and web design.
Time is scarce as I both study robotics and work professionally as a web developer but I am looking forward to joining back this incredible community!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 08:42:00 pm »
Hi and welcome back !

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have been creating :)

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 01:25:35 am »
Raspberry Pi ?  That's great!
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

302 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles