VB6 & Haptek - Little experiments

• 22 Replies

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
Re: VB6 & Haptek - Little experiments
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 04:56:53 pm »

Thanks Freddy. For now, I'm only testing some characteristics of the VB interface which could improve my little skits. A few Basic lines, mainly Haptek commands. I know, I remember I recently wrote I was tired of Haptek.

Anyone can make a mistake, isn't it?  ;)

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 01:24:05 am »
  Just wanted to add a little more Info on Haptek that I found on the internet.  A few developments were made by exchange students ( students from another country worked for Haptek and at the end of their visit returned home) . I'd worked for a company that used exchange students and thay were at the top of their classes, thay would come and develop a project then leave.  This often ment that few people knew very much about the finished product thay developed.
  I also learned that the Haptek was being taught at colleges by professors, I've seen web pages from about three colleges in the southern states.  A few people that had worked for Haptek had posted web pages, some looking for jobs and others displaying what thay had worked on.  Unfortunatly games and sexual content pay the most and that is where development is the greatest.
  I think it would be interesting if someone capable were to ask them for software in return for development of a new character or something like that. 
Carl2

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »

Very interesting idea, Carl. But not sure Haptek still really exists, maybe it's now a virtual company, lol. Despite that, it's always fun to play with its characters. If they used students, Haptek never took care of hobbyists. Except with their late forum. And by selling us PeoplePutty.

And you're right. I guess their best programmers are working now at Linden Lab. Virtual sex is much more better in SL than in Haptekland. :o

It would be interesting to watch what they sold to their clients. The few commercial sites using a Haptek character in a web page are not terrific at all, and sometimes ugly. But no doubt they've done cute things for people who paid them. Internal stuffs, interactive tools, cartoons?

Of course impossible to see them. Wondering if all this is really good. At least, better than the little jokes made by ordinary people like us?

Kidding... ;D

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 03:33:41 pm »

Just a little message to the few people who might have had fun with these little jokes (thanks to them).

As you can see (now, not see, lol), the CNN TV (in cnn.exe) doesn't work anymore. CNN has changed the way to broadcast its four channels on the web. Now they are at

http://edition.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html

And so sorry, another very annoying bug appeared: the winner was not the expected one!!

Afraid I can't fix this...  ;D

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:39:36 pm by GT40 »

Xman2000

• Roomba
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 07:55:14 pm »

Hi you have updates of this project Haptek VB6 ? is possible create a 3D Engine to modelling characters? cheers!

(yes, 24/7 under the influence of Second Life  ;D)

Just starting to play with Visual Basic and the Haptek window. Seems interesting for little skits, allowing some new effects, impossible with html/javascript.

A language from the 90's and a dying 3D technology... As always, I'm a naive newbie, at least five years late. Sure that people who program Hal's brain tried that a while ago.

You can download and unzip (anywhere) this following file:

http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/Experiments.zip (1.15 MB)

and then just launch "move.exe".

Sorry, for now only one stuff, but 2 or 3 works-in-progress coming soon. Maybe. I hope you have the good DLLs, but don't worry if it doesn't want to work on your PC: it's totally USELESS.  ;D

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »
This was over a decade ago and I'm sorry to say we don't see GT40 here any more.

Haptek is dead. You want to be looking at Unity or Unreal Engine for anything semi serious.

Xman2000

• Roomba
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 07:06:55 pm »
not problem about be a old and dead project, i only want learn more about this thing, get some samples to test.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

325 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles