Improving a Production Process: ******NSFW*******

• 22 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Improving a Production Process: ******NSFW*******
« on: July 16, 2020, 08:12:49 pm »
Improving upon a process or extending what already exists is one of the means economies of scale can come about. Below is a video of how TPE dolls are made:

TPE Dolls

Notice the simplicity of the skeleton. Now look at this very simple idea of a snake arm:

Snake Arm

Apply the snake arm approach but still use the TPE doll skeleton for support and you can see where the ability to inexpensively articulate the doll with motors that pull and tug on the lines of the snake arm can move the skeleton appendage.  Effectively the concept is similar to a puppet only motors can control the lines within the torso of the doll. With line guides to route the lines, it could be a very elegant solution and, again, capitalize on existing processes to keep costs down. Of course, silicone can be used but the cost of silicone is outrageous.

Here is a more sophisticated version of a snake arm:

Sophisticated Snake Arm
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:51:49 pm by frankinstien »

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Re: Improving a Production Process: ******NSFW*******
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:54:36 pm »
Here's a better image of a doll's skeleton:

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 08:44:16 pm »
Function over form... hehe.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 08:51:33 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 01:05:28 am »
In this context, “function and form” play on the “hotness vs beauty” signaling, which is used to attract the short-term, vs the long-term male reproductive strategies. The display of hotness is an easy one to cash in on, because it triggers the part of you which says, “Pass on your jeans and run!” like cell phones, where people keep wanting to get the newest versions, and discard the old ones. But I’ll bet most people are hoping, or will end up hoping, that a sex bot would be able to fulfill their long-term investment reproductive strategy. So, despite common wisdom, and because there appears to be a greater demand, it might be more worthwhile and profitable if companies took some risks and focused on the long-term companion angle. That would be heartening to see, and might even help to secure the way towards favorable human/AI relations in the future. 

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 03:48:09 am »
That would be heartening to see, and might even help to secure the way towards favorable human/AI relations in the future.

Bots are for life! Just like dogs find their forever home.  :)

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 04:29:51 am »
The display of hotness is an easy one to cash in on, because it triggers the part of you which says, “Pass on your jeans and run!” like cell phones, where people keep wanting to get the newest versions, and discard the old ones.

It's much more than that, it is the ability of the bot to change and understand the individual and be nonjudgmental, as well as having capabilities that just make traditional relationships obsolete! It's like the horse and buggy vs the car, horse and buggies are fun for nostalgic reasons, but for everyday transportation of anything the car out-competes without a doubt, to the point that logistically there is no choice. So too will be bot companions, the benefits are just overwhelming...

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 05:21:59 am »
You're painting a very sad picture of yourself. Please try not to sound too delusional. This forum has had more than its fair share of crazies over the years and it's not a prize that you want to win.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 05:24:39 am »
@frankinstien

I'm not convinced things will play out as you predict, but it's gonna be interesting to find out.  O0

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 05:34:20 am »
You're painting a very sad picture of yourself. Please try not to sound too delusional. This forum has had more than its fair share of crazies over the years and it's not a prize that you want to win.

To win the contempt of the devil is an honor...

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 11:34:11 pm »
I thought this to be appropriate for this thread:

Fembots

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 12:49:14 am »
@frankinstien

I'm not convinced things will play out as you predict, but it's gonna be interesting to find out.  O0

I love this episode of Star Trek the original series, where Mud has all these beautiful female bots and in the end Kirk programs hundreds of bots to look like Mud's wife as punishment for his crimes. At about 48 seconds into the video Mud says: "Kirk you can't do this to me,...she's human!" with a disgusted look.

Star Trek

And there's this movie you might remember:

Demolition Man

Love that response: "Ew Disgusting."  One day the actual thought of sexually interacting with our biological selves will be unthinkable!

In the end re-directing human sexual activity to robots will lessen the social pressure of sexual conquests, unwanted pregnancies and provide that alternative that is the most humane means of lowering the population to more sustainable levels.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:18:01 am by frankinstien »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 05:51:08 am »
Ya, I totally agree, humans seem to be moving away and hiding skin etc, apes rarely do that and dogs don't. On the flip side, one day all danger can be dissipated and you'd live even if punctured multiple times, though the planet may no longer have humans at that point I'm afraid, rather nanobots.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 06:09:30 am »
I highly recommend this movie, it brings a mature drama of A.I., social norms and taboos very eloquently....

Life Like

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 05:47:05 am »
The display of hotness is an easy one to cash in on, because it triggers the part of you which says, “Pass on your jeans and run!” like cell phones, where people keep wanting to get the newest versions, and discard the old ones.

And here's where hotness evolved from.

I kinda get the point of pass your jeans and run, but I think she's quite capable of keeping up... ^-^

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

307 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles