• 22 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: Improving a Production Process: ******NSFW*******
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 06:27:25 am »
Here's a clip from the podcast that introduced me to the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQrFBOyDs0

This evolution thing means business. I'm often caught somewhere between amazed and appalled, when I hear about all the tools and methods that this universe has evolved. What is it's deal? What is it all about?

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 10:16:04 am »
The issues brought up in that video are little suspicious. For one, humanity is an ape, and as such has always lived in social groups, large groups or troops that could reach over a hundred. So the idea that women evolved for commitment and therefore avoid a sexual opportunity because human babies require so many resources to raise doesn't make sense. Why? Because early hominids existed in troops, where, those societies would collaborate to raise offspring. The video talks about human sexuality as if hominids were operating as isolated pairs, Adam and Eve, where women are fearful of engaging in sex because they could get pregnant and be left alone to raise the child. So that model is wrong and the fact that a woman is so sexually adept biologically since she can orgasm moments after just having one, where men can't. Once a man orgasms he's out of the game for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Since women can continue experiencing pleasure in engaging in sexual activity after a male is done suggests that women engaged more frequently with multiple partners than men! That is counter-intuitive to our society, where such a women would be considered a whore. But from a evolutionary perspective it makes sense that with a shared responsibility of an entire troop to raise offspring ensuring a female gets pregnant insures or motivates a troop to grow in size.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 10:33:11 am »
It should be also added that sex as a social mechanism to prompt favor for resources would be another reason for females to engage with multiple partners. The female that likes to play gets males to share their meat from the hunt. Our society demonizes this practice and calls it prostitution, but this behavior and the reasons for it, to get males to share resources, is found in other apes, primates, and even other animals such as penguins!

silent one

• Nomad
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 02:43:59 pm »
When it comes to reasoning like this,  I turn to creationism because even nonsense makes more sense than this trollop.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 03:44:13 pm »
Dammit! Now I'm back to square one. Its becoming a tall square with a lot of hypotheses stacked on it, apparently canceling eachother out, hopefully that's turning it into a good vantage point. Good points, @frankinstien, though I wouldn't go as far as @silent one.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 06:16:21 pm »
When it comes to reasoning like this,  I turn to creationism because even nonsense makes more sense than this trollop.

Ah...someone from the politically correct camp... ::)

One of the first tests I give any theory is; does it suffer from social anthropomorphization, meaning it ignores features, understandings, and documented observations that build its assertions and relies on urban myths, or  enforces political and religious agendas.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 06:38:54 pm »
I swear frankinstien is my clone now, now he agrees breeding with multiple nearby mates = bigger army.

I still think we need more humans on Earth but if we are slowing down don't say it was wrong, it was the thing. You can still cuddle though, no pregnancy involved.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:23:53 pm by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »
Here's an interesting article from Forbes:

Robot

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

319 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles