Windows 10

• 38 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »
Actually, my Windows 10 shut itself off then did a reboot after downloading and installing and running an Update that monopolized my computer for two and a half hours!!

I was able to practice a few guitar licks I'd been working on and build a wooden container for the kitchen and organize my sock drawer, and.... ;) O0

It just makes one wonder what actually IS being installed in your computer when these lengthy installs and upgrades happen.

It's really not our computer is it?...We just rent the license to use it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:32:40 pm by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 10:42:28 pm »
Hearing the scary things about the problem with the updates really turns me off, and stay away from them through settings, then eventually the updates accumulated so much that I don't even bother with it anymore.

Aside from that, it baffles me on what the developers of Windows 10 were even doing. Do they even listen to our feedback? Blatant bugs and glitches that was introduced at the very launch was still there today's latest Windows 10 edition.

Perhaps the help desk really makes everything worse. I wonder if they even report the problems that they've consulted with their clients to the devs at all...

Gosh...
Greetings, signature.

Data

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Overclocked // Undervolted
    • Datahopa - Share your thoughts ideas and creations
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 01:46:07 pm »
Don't know what to say really apart from I'm loving Win 10, easily the best OS I have ever used.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »
Besides the problems, I actually do agree with Data that Windows 10 is the best OS by far!  ;D
Greetings, signature.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »
I'm liking 10 too. It has some flaws in the app department though and MS don't show much interest in fixing them, but it's been easy to find alternatives.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »
I have a couple of i7 lappies running up to date Windows 10 that I use for mainly internet browsing/ work etc. I'm not keen on Microsoft's new business/ software model and refuse to have anyone randomly updating or prying into my main machines/ networks.

Most of my other lappies and cluster/ Pc’s are running a heavily customised version of XP Professional (NT/XP).  They aren't connected to the web though for various security reasons so malware/ viruses aren't an issue.

Windows 7 was 20% slower at running generic applications than XP.  Windows 10 is 32% slower on average. I require a light weight OS that uses the least amount of resources and gives the best single core speed benchmarks.

Windows 10 seems like a stable OS and once you get used to its foibles and disable all the ‘enhancements’ its quite user friendly… if a little slow… though once upgraded to 10… what choice does the common user have.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean and I feel your pain. You are at the mercy of the giant. There's always the Android OS and aside from that round piece of Fruit, there's probably several hundred versions or Distros (Distributions) of Linux.

There really is something for everyone no matter the skill set or interest. The vast majority of the Distros are Open Source and offer a huge assortment of Free Apps for business, science, gaming, research, development, production, finance, writing, etc.

It does take a bit of self study before taking the plunge into a new Operating System but one your feet are wet, your body will warm up to Linux rather nicely. ;)
===================================
To Quote Michael Strewig from Quora: There are virtually a limitless amount of Linux distributions available on the internet. Some are available for free and others paid. Due to Linux's immense versatility and open-source nature, anybody or organization that requires a task-specific OS can simply build their own distribution, and potentially release it. This has resulted in distributions focused solely on testing security, to file servers to full-blown desktop environments.
===================================
Just some thoughts in case one gets tired of the invasive nature of some of these Operating Systems and their respective companies.

For more information on Linux and Distro's check out: http://distrowatch.com/

We still have some options. O0

Mansde

• Roomba
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2017, 07:51:07 am »
In order to solve this problem , I've failed many times
all I had to do was to add my microsoft account as a user, login once, and re-enter the Windows 10 . Windows 10 accepted the serial on the first try, and I have again a fully licensed Windows version. when the Windwos 10 password reset program is completed , we can set a new password ,
https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:53:10 am by Mansde »

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 06:56:03 pm »
Then I have to wonder what, if anything, will happen after you allow it to receive an Upgrade from MS?

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

313 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles