Faithful Book to Film Adaptations

• 1 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Faithful Book to Film Adaptations
« on: October 31, 2019, 05:03:14 am »
Anyone else tired of and mystified by the horribly mangled things called "adaptations". For some mysterious reason film makers seem incapable of actually putting a book in to a visual medium. I mean honestly, it's what the audience is consistently asking for, and I have yet to hear a legitimate excuse regarding changes. I get that everyone imagines implied stuff differently. But it's PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE to at least be accurate word for word! Pause on rant , here's how I imagine AI helping us out. First, you get a good human narrator to read the book in question. Then, a specialized AI listens to to it and creates an animation, I assume it can do multiple passes, and can accept modifications from artists & technicians. When that's done you get voice actors to dub for individual characters. Then Foley artists and voila! Could this be a perfect job for narrow AI?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:08:38 pm by Hopefully Something »

AndyGoode

Re: Faithful Book to Film Adaptations
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:00:16 pm »
I had a similar idea, but it was simpler and didn't use AI. My idea was simply to develop some simulation software that can create a movie at all. It wouldn't even matter much as first if it used stick figures, as long as they can walk, run, lie down, carry a gun, do romantic things, and bend in any realistic manner. You can attach a face easily. You can put in background scenery easily. Using auditory analysis you could give each actor the voice of anyone from whom you can obtain a sample of their voice. This would be a huge boost to amateur movie makers, I believe, for several reasons, and would be a good start for intelligent machines trying to envision the real world. Adding AI as you suggest could only make it better. Yes, I believe it would be a great start for applied AI, but you have to realize it's going to make the same stupid mistakes that all computers make, so don't hope to produce AGI from it.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

201 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 222. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles