poser pro pack

• 29 Replies

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Neural network design blog
poser pro pack
« on: July 04, 2011, 09:12:01 am »
Does anyone here have this plug-in for DAZ3d?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: poser pro pack
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:01 pm »
Do you have any more details. All I can find is that it was a plugin for older versions of Poser. There's no mention of it being released for Daz. What kind of thing did you want to use it for ?

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »
bugger ye, didn't notice it was that old.
Here's the link that I found it with:
https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123820-which-programs-can-daz-models-and-products-be-used-in
I saw that it could export to flash and do scripting, which got me all exited. Then I realized, the flash is probably just an avi?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »
I'm not sure about the scripting but I think Daz Studio will do animations already, it's been a long time since I tried it though.

It seems to me that AVI and Flash are slightly different things. I just found a video capture program that will export to both formats. I'm just reading up on different types of codec at the moment.

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »
Yes, daz does animations excellently: you can export an animation as a series of images. That's not the problem. I was hoping to get vector based output from daz in flash format (that is not the complete .obj file). That provides some more flexibility compared to images + it saves some space.
As far as I remember, daz has a built in flash export, but that exports images, not vectors, so there's no point in that.
The scripting looked interesting as well, to automate repetitive tasks in daz. Don't know if that's possible already or through some other plug-in though.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 02:00:22 pm »
Well there's a lot of plugins and stuff, maybe try asking over on the Daz forums, they are usually helpful over there.

I had an idea about doing batch renders of visimes by using the animation feature of Daz.

Basically you need 22 visimes so you make a 22 frame animation.  In each frame you create an individual visime. Then you render the whole animation. And then after that you can use a frame splitter (I've used them in the past) to strip out individual frames and you get your visimes individually. I have yet to try it, in fact within Daz you might be able to select rendered frames individually and save them separately that way, I am not sure.

It sounds good in theory anyway, it means I won't have to sit here and keep doing one visime at a time, it can all be done in one render while I am doing something else.

Yes, daz does animations excellently: you can export an animation as a series of images.

Just reread that bit...my method seems doable then.

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 02:11:21 pm »
I'd also been thinking in that direction. Daz can render an animation as pngs: each frame is  a seperate png, so that part is covered.
Is it possible to save an animation and a apply it to another object? That would effectively automate the entire process.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean there  ???

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »
Well, at one side you have the object, the character, on the ohter side, you have the animation data, that determines what the object does. In this case, go through all the viseme settings. If it's possible to split the 2 data sources, you can apply the animation part (aka the viseme settings) to another object, so you don't need to create a new animation for each character, but simply 'apply' the already saved preset and presto, you have a set of visemes for another character, or for the same character in different positions.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »
Ahh, yeah I get you. I don't know how to do it but that might be possible using BVH - you export the 'animation' as BVH and then reload it into your other characters. Worth looking into...

If you didn't already know : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biovision_Hierarchy

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 03:16:04 pm »
Ahh yes, and Daz appears to support it. Definitely worth looking into. could save lots of work!

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20:25 pm »
Cool  8)  I had used BVH in Daz before to animate some dancing so I knew it might be possible. Good find  O0

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »
Hmm, well I tried it out - it works fine for the body position but does not seem to cover the mouth which is a bit disappointing. When you export there doesn't seem to be much in the way of mouth positions, it seems limited to tongue and upper jaw or something like that.

I've posted a question up at the Daz forums, so I hope there is a way that someone can share.

Bragi

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 04:11:57 pm »
It can never be just 'that easy', can it. :-\
Hope that it can be fixed.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

277 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles