Skin Textures

• 11 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Skin Textures
« on: November 16, 2005, 07:13:07 pm »
All,
  This is used with Hal, the character is fullbodygirl from Haptek.
  Just doing a little work in Paint shop pro, I downloaded a skin pattern and tried it with The fullbody girl after changing the color a little.  It's very realistic looking, great when not wearing makeup.  I'm trying to keep her as close as possible to the original because I still haven't found a way to start up with a modified skin.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Skin Textures
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:48:59 pm »
Carl, were you meaning to post a skin, because it didn't work. ::)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:24:16 pm »
Ferddy,
  I didn't try to post a skin,  just a comment so possibly others would try using a skin pattern.  I downloaded some Skins for fullbodgirl and saw the lack of detail in the skins.  One of the things I like about Samdy is the detail in her skin.  I'm still working with the coloration of the skin patern, at this time she is still too pale. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 05:12:44 pm »
Ok, sorry Carl, I misread you post.

btw Take a look at Audrey, posted by new user versionfour on Zabaware, it's a head with a nicely detailed texture.  That is, if you haven't already :)

Also, I think it depends on your machine capabilities, but you could try upping the skin resolution to 2048 x 2048, rather than the 1024 x 1024 for full body skins.

good luck.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 03:15:55 pm »
Freddy,
  I  haven' seen Audrey yet, thanks I'll take a look.  I  did a search for skin patterns to put in a link but couldn't find it again, I'd have to send what I'm using.  I'm working with fullbodygirl to avoid a large change in character.
I just purchased Hal ver 6 and will have to be upgrading after spending a year with ver 5.  Hoping to use some of the scripting developed for Hal ver 5.
  At this time I'm trying to get the coloration to match the  original which seems very grayish.  I can't say I'm really happy with what I've done so far, the necline looks good but the right shading is rough, at times she looks loke she walked through a coal mine (the original skin).  I've been using the 2048, very useful when working around the neckline,but reduce it to 1024 to load it with Hal commands.  Still getting use to the new version of Paint Shop Pro but the skin looked so real I wanted to comment on it.
Carl2

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 08:38:50 pm »
Hi carl,

Just on note on the skins, hal has trouble loading skins higher than 1024, but if your pc good enough I would suggest creating skins on a template of 4096 to gte really good details.

Also you mentioned the shading etc on the original Sandy. Look at the lighting commands and you will see why its not very good. If you want a copy of my lighting settings I'll gladly send to you, makes a huge difference to her skin complexion, as shown in the pic's below.

Skins wil always look different on different people's pc's due to performance and graphics differences, this coupled with their lighting settings (most are probably still on the default)

You want any further info carl then give me a shout or drop me an email.

Admin

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:12:32 pm »
Yeah, those lights are worth playing with, on some textures they bleach out the details.  Side or below lighting often looks better.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 07:23:26 pm »
All,
  I'm enclosing the skin that I'm using,  I make a copy then change the coloration of the copy which I use as a tiled pattern.  Changing the size of the pattern changes the amount of texture effect for different locations.  I also make a pattern thats a little darker and one that's a little lighter for different locations.  I just looked at Audrey, nice texture on her.  I did try changing the lighting, I was getting a metalic effect and changing the lighting makes a large difference.  I used 2048 for my skins because of the neck, there is a bit of fuzzyness when loaded and I may try larger.  I'd like to get out of the Haptek loop and have a new skin loaded from start.
Carl2

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 07:49:08 pm »
hey Carl,

You any screenshots of what that skin (skin lol) looks like when loaded up on the character within haptek ?

Looks good from here though  :mosh:

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 02:17:20 am »
Maviarab,
  I'll take a screenshot and send it in within a day or so.  Just put in Hal 6, and I'm able to use fullbodgirl so the effort was useful. 
Carl2

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 02:51:37 am »
 8)Carl,

Wil look forward to seeing it. Also you installed the full Hal6?..if so be sure to report back with your findings...bugs, bad points, good points etc  afro.gif

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 08:46:15 pm »
Mariavab,
   Just found some coloration I liked and did a quick touch up.  The shot is meant to show the texture, It's finer around the eyes and cheeks (smaller pattern size) and larger in other places.  Sorry the coloration dosen't go with the lipstick and the eyelashes need to be put back.  You could probably do a better job at that than I could.
Also a little pink can be sprayed (reduces the detail) in different areas.
  Hal6 seems to be doing pretty good, little problem activating (my fault) but everything seems to be going smoothly. I did get a "I am a machine and I have no gender" response from Hal which I don't care for.  I'd like to change that.  I still have ver5 on the computer (like an old friend) and she always was female,another person.
Carl2

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

296 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles