Hap Explorer

• 172 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Hap Explorer BETA
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 06:49:12 pm »
I've done the Player size control, but have yet to sort out that glitch with the pause button.  It looks like it is caused by the Haptek player.  For some reason if you load anything else into the player after you have already loaded an OGG, the stop Haptek /soundstop command does not work.  I'm trying to work around it and will keep you posted.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 06:56:59 pm »
Scrub that...it was me...I was forgetting to use the .ogg extension internally...should be fine now.
Attaching new version..

For the Player size you can now tap a new size into the  width and height boxes and press enter/return to alter it.  It still also works with the dragging resize.

One further note:  I added '+' buttons so you can note the present audio time to the notepad, this also has the effect of copying the time to your PC's clipboard, so after pressing the + button you can directly paste the time into any of the pads.  I thought this would be most useful when using the Hap Pad.

If there are any more requests or comments I would be pleased to hear them, thanks to wgb for your input , it was just the kind of thing I was hoping for  :)

****SEE TOP OF THREAD FOR LATEST VERSION****
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:14:39 am by Freddy »

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 12:35:26 am »
Freddy,
  Big Thanks, it'll be a few days before I have time to look at it but it sounds good.  I couldn't send the body female work to gamer or Duskrider so it's posted at your site, take a look at it if you have time.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 12:41:23 pm »
Freddy,
  I gave it a quick try, can't find the words.   probably have more to say after I use it more.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 01:56:41 pm »
No problem Carl, thanks for the body female.  I'm glad you decided to try out Hap Explorer, let me know how you get on.  :)

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 12:51:14 pm »
Freddy,
   I tried using it a little more yesterday, I'm using 0808 and should upgrade.  I found I have to be connected to the internet when using the program. I click setup to start it.   I've been using Body_Female.htr, which I load under My.  I've gone through most of the switches for body female.  I can't find anything for the waist which I looked for.  If I go to Parameters the screen you showed in help is not there, it remains the same as the switches.
  In Switches I was able to put in torso noise that gives the body enough movement to make her seem more realistic. I'm hoping to make a hap that will load this into Hal.  I didn't do much with Images. The materials should be useful when working with lighting.
  Surprised that we seem to have haps that cause bending at the waist but there are no switches for that, must be bending the legs. The Hap is bending the torso.
Carl2

wgb14

• Trusty Member
  • Electric Dreamer
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »
Fredy many thanks, Now we can create full movies driven by one or multiple scripts using our favourite characters. I only wish that they would be some solution on the animation side (to create your own custom animations).  Again many  many thanks

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 02:23:38 pm »
Freddy,
   I found I have to be connected to the internet when using the program. I click setup to start it.   I've been using Body_Female.htr, which I load under My.  I've gone through most of the switches for body female.  I can't find anything for the waist which I looked for.  If I go to Parameters the screen you showed in help is not there, it remains the same as the switches.

Have you installed the .NET 2 framework?

You only need to click Setup to install the program, from then on it should appear in your start menu under 'Ai Dreams'.  Also you do not need to be connected to the internet.

Is anything appearing in the Parameters and Switches panels?  What do you mean by 'it remains the same as the switches' ?

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:24 pm »
Freddy,
  I had net framework when using ATT, Since I've switched to verizon i've reformatted and reinstalled windows, haven't put in net framework. The Switches panel looks as it should, when I change to Prameters there is no change in the panel, it looks the same as the Switches panel.  I went by the pictures in the help.
  I'll add net frame work and try it then Upgrade .
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 02:42:08 am »
Freddy,
  I installed net framework 1 and 2 into the computer, I installed 0809 Hapexplorer. 
I have the program running on another computer, Installing net framework made it so it is not dependent on IE.  I just found the problem, I was using 800x600, Just changed the screen size and can find what is shown in the help files.  I should be all set for a while.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 11:52:51 am »
Good I am glad you worked it out.   I probably should have said it uses the higher res, but I assumed most people would be on that or higher these days.  Thanks for fillin gme in on the internet dependency - I can now advise users to install .NET 2 beforehand.  :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:57:13 pm by Freddy »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 12:21:17 pm »
Here's something I have found that can cause problems - having more than one instance of the hap_temp folder existing on your PC.  This is not specifically to do with Hap Explorer, but more to do with the general operation of the Haptek Player.  This problem means Hap Explorer may not be refering to the current instance of the folder. In turn this means switches, parameters and other things to do with the loaded model will not be displayed - because they are actually in some other hap_temp folder.

The reason for this is that the Haptek Player can sometimes switch to another filing position/path to create the hap_temp folder.  I have found it appearing both in the Haptek program directory and also in my Applications Data folder (in Documents and Settings but by default hidden.)  Occasionally also the hap_temp player does not delete itself as it should - this also seems to affect the chosen path and appears to lead the existence of more than one of these folders.

Here's what I do to rectify this sometimes:

Close down any programs using the Haptek Player eg, HapExplorer, Internet page, UltraHal.
Search for every instance of hap_temp - there will likely only be one or two of them, if any at all.*
Delete those folders and restart your application.
This forces a fresh instance of the hap_temp folder.
Locate the fresh hap_temp folder - the path to this folder is the one you want to use in Hap Explorer.

*Note: you will need to specify the search to include hidden files and folders.

This doesn't always happen if programs run ok, but sometimes it seems if an application crashes, the hap_temp folder doesn't get deleted as it should - this in turn means it gets chock full of old files.  So to summarise, the ideal situation is a hap_temp folder that deletes itself when the application closes and re-appears on the next occasion the program is used.  This is the correct way the hap_temp folder should be working.

Hopefully Hap Explorer is not crashing and causing this as I did a lot of work with error handling, but other programs or instances I can not be so sure of.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:21:01 pm by Freddy »

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 08:25:57 pm »
Freddy,
  Thanks for putting in the last post, I just created a hap to add body movement so you don't  have a head on a solid body, I found the switches using the hapexplorer and tried them in another player.  I've been looking for something to do this for quite a whie.  It should be fairly simple to load this hap at startup. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 11:30:45 am »
I was just wondering if any of the other members that downloaded the program have any comments ? I could do with some feedback on this...  Is it good, bad or useful etc etc?  It also helps me know if it is worth developing further.  Come on folks, please speak up...

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 01:57:51 pm »
Freddy,
  I think it's the best thing ever, I wish it had been developed earlier to help with what Haptek has not supplied.  As always happens with Hal people want different things for different purposes.
  As far as I can see everything works as it should, I've been working in Materials, to me it is lighting since I started working with some lighting Haps I created.  Question:  if I load a hap, in this case the original, all of the settings except go to zero, specuar poweris at 10.  The character is black, I can adjust the lighting to valuse I like and save it,  as a .mlf to load again later.  If I use it in the Hap registry it dosen't work which would be a problem for me. How can this be made useful to use with Hal?
Carl2

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

307 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles