another robot build plan

• 20 Replies

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
Re: another robot build plan
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 04:10:40 pm »
Er, what are the floating cubes for? Are you just testing your simulation engine? Or are these going to be part of the obstacle course?

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 05:01:47 pm »
They ended up helping me get the shadows working slightly better.  (but they are a bit buggy.)  I need the shadows cause I need to get a good contact indicator when they are jumping and recontacting with the ground.

So Ive finally managed to get the bot on->

* need to put 1 bot on each corner.
  * need to make sure the coordinates of the bots match the floor coordinates properly.
  * need to get the hinge maximums and minimum extents the right angles.
  * then im going to turn on the physics code (Its all there except for 1 small function left only to write, but it has a bit of geometry - as in mathematics - in it.) and they should make contact with the ground appropriately as gravity makes them fall, and the terrain pushes them back up again, in a rotatey type way, like when a coffee mug hits the ground.

* then just have to turn on the motor searcher (its already in there,  with that motivation code going to put them in a wrestling match.),  and hopefully off itll go.

They just fall and react as a rigid body, and the hinges move by me changing the lengths of tendon lines that go with the actual leg bones,   I think its the best way to do it,  should go really fast and easily convert to the direct compute gpu shader to get access to the 2048 cuda cores on my video card.  (should be huge performance boost for the motor search.)

1 or 2 days from now,  with the utube vid.
It may go a little slow at first,  but I can speed up the video offline render style if thats the case so it should be no problem.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:33:51 pm by MagnusWootton »

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 01:32:27 pm »
The little bots are on it now,  theres still an issue with their drawing, they seem have a scaling bug,  but Im just uploading to show the cool terrain randomizer, and its perlin noise + a little overhang trick which causes it to look wind blown,  and thats all u need to make it look really nice,  just a little trick on top is all it needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W5E5PYhEGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1txpuNXFeQ

So Just have to activate all the code again,  Im onto the physics+animation now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 03:10:05 pm by MagnusWootton »

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 02:48:37 pm »
just small update.  going really slow,  but I only have one function left to do,  ill try and get it done tonight and well get to see the little robos go.   just so unmotivated,  but im gonna push myself.
I actually got another important bit done,  the index reorderer for the spring recorrection system,  ended up just simplifying off, I didnt need something in it, and it became simpler, so that was good. 
Just keep going!

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 07:32:08 pm »
Sorry, Ive taken a bit of a alternative pathway again.   but Ill show what Ive got,  Im working on the real hardware for it again,   Ive got one more function to write to the physics engine then hopefully itll be going.

But the hardware is coming along too,  this is a fairly complete anatomy for the finished from scratch machine.
Its mechanical, and powered pneumatically,    it starts off with a pneumatic tattoo gun!
Its going to constructed completely 2d as a single displacement map (its flat one sided on the cast, like a chocolate.)  its going to give it a boxy type look,  but maybe might help make it look futuristic and artificial.     i might be able to print it out on my anycubic photon (which would make it alot easier if i can!) But I have to be able to make it small enough to be feesable to do it.  so ill see if i can,  if i cant, ill probably need another planning step, and print out extrusions that i knock out old school style to build the "casting bucket" out of so many extrusions.

I have a monster 3840x2160 resolution monitor, to do all my designing,  this picture was 2048x1024 on it,  its been sized down.  Its really nice to never run out of screen space,  but sometimes u travel a long way with the mouse, windows pop up at the top left corner all the time,  maximizing a window is like setting off some gunpowder on your screen, watch out for hitting that button by accident, and the mouse is easy to lose!  and u need better eye sight, cause u tend to scroll with your eyes instead of the scroll bars.

MagnusWootton

• Replicant
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 10:49:57 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sie0G5GIGqk

So sorry for the delays, but things snowballed abit.  but ive got a new modelling style going, and game should look alot nicer.

Hope to get more models done soon,  sorry for false promises but I am still working.

Just decided to go for something a bit more extensive, and im lacking motivation at the same time, so just going a bit slow thats all.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

184 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles