FREE Chatbot Tool Kit (chatbot.tk)

• 8 Replies

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:51:54 am »

For discussion purposes only, meaning no recommendation or promotion intended, suggested or implied. The purpose of this research is to ask the question... Is it possible to run a chatbot on the web completely FREE with no advertisements?

Last year this research began with FREE .TK domain name chatbots.tk, which renewed for FREE and is still in service. Both A.I. companies and enthusiasts found this research useful.  This year, new FREE domain name chatbot.tk drops the "s" and carries on the research, now in its 2nd year. 

Built and running at no cost. That's right! Domain name, chatbot.tk (ending in .TK) from the Dot TK Registry is completely FREE. With no advertisements, freewebhostingarea.com hosts the site for FREE. There is a mini forum package TinyPHPForum v3.61 which is FREE. A simple chatbot, I wrote in PHP, uses Espeak text to speech, which is FREE.   So, is a FREE chatbot possible?  What do you think?
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: FREE Chatbot Tool Kit (chatbot.tk)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:01:58 am »
As my wise father once told me, "There's no such thing as a Free Lunch, because someone, somewhere, is paying for it!"
I would venture to say that the same thing applies to this "Free Hosting" thing as well. There ARE costs involved somewhere.

That being said, it is nice to hear of no Ads being popped up every time a site is visited. I personally despise that!

I'll hunt around and take it in.

Thanks for the point!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:43 pm »
a lot of sites offer free basic hosting without ads (some limitations about maximum bandwidth), but the problem is that in a case of "Web of Trust" application, you inherit bad reputation from parent domains which are crowded with suspicious user sites. I've tried Wink.ws and Hostinger, but finally I've bought a personal domain because of mentioned problems (people were asking about bad reputatrion).

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »
UPDATE:

The former free webhost added popup ads.  So, http://www.chatbot.tk has been redirected to: https://sites.google.com/site/chatbottoolkit for the time being.

The embedded YouTube video starts with a white noise sound effect, that then changes to a female robotic voice synthesis.

EDIT:

Just updated the CNAME record at the dot TK registry to point hostname www.chatbot.tk to ip address: ghs.google.com ... A change which may take up to 24 hours. Until then, you may see a blank screen.

Oh, in plain language, this modification should make the website address. http://www.chatbot.tk , be able to navigate through all the different pages of the free Google site using that custom .TK domain name. 

Well, hopefully all the settings are correct... Let's see if this works?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:37:30 pm by 8pla.net »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:28:48 pm »
I can get there okay, looks nice. I had been listening to Pink Floyd really loudly prior to my visit so your white noise had me nearly jump out of my skin  ;D

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »
Ultimately, the CNAME setting did not pan out.   I've tried several different settings and gave each attempt two days to work.  So for now I am forwarding http://www.chatbot.tk to: https://sites.google.com/site/chatbottoolkit because I ran out of options... I really don't want to do this, but I will for now at least until I can find a suitable free webhost. The last free web host started posting popup ads, so I moved on.  This is still a work in progress.  So ignore any 404 errors.  Any changes take two days to take effect.

Freddy, the video was created by one BASH script in Linux, including the white noise and robotic female voice text to speech. By this, I mean, running the BASH script generated a new video with audio, ready for upload to YouTube.  It uses all open source audio and video formats, and YouTube accepts them which is nice.

As you can see, the picture in the video is a stock image from the free Blogger theme, and for clarification... BASH, of course,  calls other programs in terminal.  I hope to extend this idea further, but now I just needed a quick video to setup on the Google site and the YouTube channel

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:40:23 pm »
Posted a source code snippet...

It is running as a very simple chatbot interface, at http://www.chatbot.tk

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:59:06 am »
Refurbished http://chatbot.tk recently.  Currently, it is a small, simple website written in all original PHP code. There's a sandbox button featuring an original chatbot interface.

There is also an all new rudimentary engine, which barely qualifies as A.I.  It is so much fun to try to figure out the most efficient arrangement in the fewest lines of code.

Please don't compare this sandbox to AIML, Arckon, ChatScript, JAIL, or RiveScript.  It is just some experimental PHP code for research and inspiration.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 08:24:14 pm »
While still a small sized program, there has been an update to the A.I. engine. Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with pre-existing chatbots, and of course you get more convincing results from a larger system, but you can learn something from writing your own small chatbot, line by line, even if it is less convincing. The chatbot.tk sandbox is not a pre-existing chatbot.  It is really only a small, experimental source code listing.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

306 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles