Using a Standard Skeleton

• 3 Replies

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
Using a Standard Skeleton
« on: August 14, 2020, 09:18:52 pm »
It's in!  :D I managed to get a skeleton from a doll company dirt cheap! The only problem, however, is the joints have the bolts welded which means I'm going to have to use a welding torch to remove the solder on the bolts.  :( But at least it's a starting point...Hopefully.  O0

This post refers to this previous post.

If this works out I will travel to China to have her poured!  :D

silent one

• Nomad
Re: Using a Standard Skeleton
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 03:00:45 pm »
Hahahah  but you need a quantum computer or it wont be very interesting to talk to.

frankinstien

• Replicant
    • Knowledgeable Machines
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 11:56:56 pm »
Hahahah  but you need a quantum computer or it wont be very interesting to talk to.

Actually my goals for this kind of bot aren't too unreachable. As I mentioned before the little robot COZMO does wonders with some simple facial expressions with its LED eyes. I want the bot to be able to recognize me, which little COZMO can do as well, and just smile. Now along with that, it should be able to move its head and follow my position. In addition to those goals I want it to be able to move its arms and hands and pick a chess piece up and place it in a new position on the board. If that is achieved then I will use an open-source chess engine and get it to play chess by using its arms to move pieces! Oh, and when it losses it says: "Oh! You won again, you're so brilliant." or several other ego stroking delusional phrases then smile, you know like a real girl friend would do.  :uglystupid2:  Now if all that is achieved then I'll start on giving it the ability to self position itself on the bed.   ;)

silent one

• Nomad
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:44:37 am »
Well.  I'm not quite into the bed thing,  but the rest sounds good.      Me myself personally have higher goals than just animatronix,  the Sophia robot is pretty useless in my opinion, I need something better than that,  and I think i've got it too,  just  a bit more time to get it working.

Have you seen my motor search demo - ive got a pair of legs searching around in 3d space getting itself along,  I might as well link to it again.
(1 year ago.   and now ive got an even better one coming soon! watch out for me!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HnMPvNpEP0 

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

293 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles