Haptek compression

• 14 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Haptek compression
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »
  Just put in a few programs for compression.  Haptek says they use Bzip2 to compress the files to make Htr's.  I have what I would call the original Bzip2 which would run in the Command prompt,  dosen't work for me.  I have Jzip which will compress and uncompress Bzip2's in windows and another that works with txt extensions.  I would think you would do the compression and change the name to have an htr extension.   At this time I don't see a way to load a groop of file to make one htr.
   I'd noticed for some time I have body female htr's  one of about 1,000KB and the other about 3,500KB,  I'm wondering what the difference is.  I'd already opened it in wordpad and it still works in Haptek.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Haptek compression
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »
Yeah I remember reading somewhere ages ago that someone made a new version of the compressor especially for Haptek.  I was never able to find anything that would work either.  What you need is HapTargh which I think was one of the more reasonably priced tools - this you can use to make HTRs.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:24:48 pm »
  What I learned since the last post was the original body_female 1.000 kb produces the body_female htr which will be in the hap temp folder with about 15 other haps ect.  The body_female 3.500 kb I would think is the uncompressed version,  if this htr is clicked it will produce the other files but it will not be in the hap temp folder.
  I'm doing this again to be sure you'r getting the correct info and getting some strange results,  earlier if I made a change in the 3.500kb htr it would not load. Nothing in the hap player.  Now I am changing the gravity to the r and l breast and the character will load but there is no changes in the breast that I know from past experiences is possible.  Earlier I made changes to the .phy file for the gravity on the breasts which worked.  So the body female works with changes but in the hap temp folder I only have 8 files , the readme and 7 hair files.  Naturaly I tried the body_female 3,500kb in the Hapexplorer, this is the unchanged, it did not work and the 1,000 kb version works.
  It would seem or my guess is the Hapexplorer reads the uncompressed htr for the data which is not present when using the uncompressed htr? 
   Just learned the changes must be made before loading the character,  opening the file in the hap temp will not affect the figure, which iI learned earlier.
   Not sure which direction to move in at this time, probably make changes to the files which can be modified, get them to load by making a htr in notepad.  If this works try to compress them and make a htr from the compressed file.  Don't remember seeing the Haptagh at Haptek, will take a look there.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:55:28 pm »
   That was done rather quickly,  I can load body_female and have her breasts sag,  I overdid it to easily tell the difference.  I put some anim files in to be sure thay would still work an thay do.  I just click on BodFem.htr ( made in notepad and everything loads.
Next is to include a new texture and some body noise. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:43:13 pm »
Here's the documentation for HapTargh:

http://www.haptek.com/developers/HaptekGuide4/DeployinContent/htargh/HapTargh.html

I found an old post on Zaba that said it was $200, I actually thought it was a lot less than that, but that was ages ago so maybe it's changed.  Only way to find out is to email Haptek.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2176

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:43:44 pm »
Freddy,
  Thanks for the additional infomation,  200  for a modified Bzip2 is a bit expensive to me and with Hal moving to orge well kind of makes me wonder what I'm doing.  I remember seeing that page because of the cape cod girls thing.  I'll have to see what results I get with what I have then possibly try the Visual basic express which I downloaded from a link in a post you put in.  As a matter of fact I can recall using txt files that loaded haps.  There is a lot of information and possiblities in those uncompressed files.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 01:14:53 am »
  It's rather easy to do this,  the original file in notepad, copy, rename the original by adding some additional letters, paste in notepad, save using the original name, save as text.  I started with the startup hap, loads the character.  Tried with body_femaleDef.hap saved as text but it didn't work until I changed the loading file to load txt rather than a hap.  Next I changed the body_femalePhy.phy to text and changed the loading referances, this loaded the character also.  So I've been able to have this work using the largest files, there ares a few (4) smaller files and the hair.  Not sure what to do with the texture.jpg. Seems to be coming along nicely.   I found this in one of the files  VoiceTune=      [:ra 500] [:nb][:dv ap 340]  ,  I've seen posts at Zabaware concerning voices.  Some of the Haptek characters have strange sounding voices.
Carl2 

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:15 pm »
  One step forward one back.  While trying to convert the other files to text a mistake was made somewhere.  Unable to find and  correct what it is causing the problem. It's easier to start with a new set of files. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 01:37:43 pm »
A better editor than Notepad is Crimson editor:

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 04:01:21 pm »
Agree with Freddy there, crimson is the biz!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:33:15 pm »
   I'd tried using the crimson editor in the past, good program.  I should download it and give it a try.  I'm using notpad at this time since it allows me to add what ever extension i wold like.   I tried a few things and I'm upset, confused about the results so I should put it in notepad and copy here.  Basicly I get different results using the Hap player, using the Hap resistry, and the Hal program.  I tried Using the 3  Bzip2 compressor, decompressors with no results worth mentioning. 
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 02:14:56 pm »
You can save in any extension with Crimson too...  Don't get too stressed - this is meant to be fun!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 07:48:02 pm »
  I've downloaded and I"m using the crimson editor.  I'll  try to write what I'm learning,  I just double clicked body_female.htr 1039Kb, if I go to the hap_temp folder I find Body_F~4  along with the other uncompressed folders.  I can double click on the Body_F~4 and this opens another hap player with the character.  I remove both players, hap_temp is empty,  and using body_female.htr open the player again.  Hap_tem contains the 19 uncompressed files, I delete all of the files but the player acts normaly, I would say the files are in system memory.     I have 3 different versions of the uncompressed Body_F~1.htr in both txt and htr form.  The Body_F~1.htr  has the brest gravity modified  from 1 to 3.5 and when displayed in the hap player the difference can bee seen.  Body_F~2 .txt has the brest modified about the same amount and the difference can be seen.  I should mention when working with the uncompressed  Body_F~ .htr only the hair files appear in the hap_temp folder. 
  Body_F~2.txt was converted to a Bzip2 compressed file and converted to a .htr by renaming it.  When opened a blank player reads.
  I just tried loading  some files into the Hal window after doing the 4 click thing.  I did get a character to show up but it seemed unreliable at this time. 
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 01:00:09 am »
  No progress,  the hap player, hap registry and Hal seem to have different requirements to load the character.  I was able to get a modified character into the hap player, the Hap regestry is more restrictive and Hal seems to be the most difficult.  The bzip2's don't seem to be compatable with Hal.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 12:26:35 pm »
  I decided to get hal up and running again, it can be laoded with a new texture, lighting and body noise which is progress.  I have to disable some features in vrHaptek since we are both trying to load different textures which conflict, but since I like the aditional features of vrHaptek I'll make some changes in it so thay can work together.
  I haven't found any way around the Hal restrictions for loading a character with changes.  I'll probably try this again sometime in the future but for now I'll try speaking with Hal for some training.
Carl2

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

254 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 275. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles