Is free will reproducible?

• 57 Replies

Zero

• Eve
Re: Is free will reproducible?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 11:28:27 pm »
Its funny how you wrote the machine to analyze itself,  but we have a hard time working that out, alot of people youd think dont analyze themselves at all.  but i guess its an option we have,  its not "machine internal self monitoring diagnostics".
Maybe a lot of people don't analyse themselves, but they still can "sense" their own thoughts, hence the internal sensors idea. That's the core thing IMO.

I said, "No." because free will expresses the future, which is impossible to reproduce.
Lastly, my feedback here is to support your research, friend.

Thanks for you support, my friend  ;)
Could you tell me more about "free will expresses the future", please? What do you mean exactly?

Thierry

• Nomad
  • God is a sphere. Press 9 to enter.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 11:52:18 pm »
We are all prisoners of :
* our needs
* our desires
* our capacities

Free will is the best jail we can find.

Talking about jail this is interesting to see how justice is paradoxal with sex criminals.
They have to respond of their crimes. (Because they are responsible of their acts. They were conscious during the acts)
And they have to be cured chemically. (Because their hormonal dysfunction is the one responsible. They were not conscious during the acts)

I come to the point that there are two kind of free will. An individual one and a collective one.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:17:58 am by Thierry »

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 12:27:08 am »
@Thierry do The French have free will around dinner time? The French a very healthy people. I want to learn the way
they eat and enjoy food. So to get around to the point, Do French people drink wine
before dinner, on a empty stomach to get them into better mood for dinner, or after dinner, or before and after? 
 Water goes right past the stomach, and into the body. Soups take a half hour and shorter.
There are microbe in the body that make chemical that can influence person. So a persons free will may be what a non
intelligent micro wants.

https://gizmodo.com/the-fungus-that-turns-ants-into-zombies-is-more-diaboli-1820301538

But all i need, when i am brain storming, is piece of bread and soft cheese, both with a really thick skin and a bottle of red wine.

Thierry

• Nomad
  • God is a sphere. Press 9 to enter.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 12:41:55 pm »
@Thierry do The French have free will around dinner time? The French a very healthy people. I want to learn the way
they eat and enjoy food. So to get around to the point, Do French people drink wine
before dinner, on a empty stomach to get them into better mood for dinner, or after dinner, or before and after? 
 Water goes right past the stomach, and into the body. Soups take a half hour and shorter.
There are microbe in the body that make chemical that can influence person. So a persons free will may be what a non
intelligent micro wants.

https://gizmodo.com/the-fungus-that-turns-ants-into-zombies-is-more-diaboli-1820301538

But all i need, when i am brain storming, is piece of bread and soft cheese, both with a really thick skin and a bottle of red wine.

Yes we do have free will all the time specially when it comes nice dinners !  ::)

We drink before, during, and after the meal !  ;D

Before the meal are the drinks with salted biscuits or salted chips or peanuts or anything as long as this is salted. Salt is giving thirst.
Any alcohol but not too much. 1 glass maximum.
During the meal only wine. White wine for the fish, red wine for red or white meat.
Dessert : red or white wine
After the meal we take a "digestive" alcohol. Usually a strong liquor... so that "fungus" that came into oysters or any weird meal are killed instantly and cannot can transform us as zombies !

About your brain storming, well this is not so bad ! Red wine is good for the heart and cheese is good for ... AI creation !  O0 ;D

Merry Christmas Keghn !

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 01:09:01 am »
I think free will, without free time, is just a probability.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 03:06:43 pm »
At least, we can reproduce free beer.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 05:53:21 pm »

The choreographer
 The choreographer of free will. reproduction of the free will system, in a AGI.
 It is a agent that run in the back ground and stay out of the way. This agent top agent in the AGI system.
 It stay out of the way most of the time to let the other agents of the collective swarm do there functions.
 When it is out of the way The AGI has complete free will. The choreographer agent is squarely seated in the subconscious
part of the mind. The more it active it become the less conscious the AGI is. Consciousness is the agent called the Main focus.

If one is hunger then mental video frame leading to food will be enhanced. All weight of video that lead away form food will scrambled to
 make the path confusing, or the weight will set to zero to make thought of moving away from food unthinkable.

How your body fights back when you diet: 
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/02/health/body-fights-dieting-food-partner/index.html

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 01:22:36 am »
At least, we can reproduce free beer.

Are you attempting an alternative to random?
Perhaps, pseudo free will?  Meaning, it is not
actual free will, but difficult to tell the difference.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 09:41:00 am »
I think this "random" feeling is due to all that happens behind the scene, at subconscious level. Since we don't feel where it comes from, it appears to be randomly falling from the sky.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 02:43:08 am »
Here is a theory: thoughts fall from the sky. Some of them we like, some of them not. Thoughts we like modify our behavior and influence the future thoughts that fall from the sky. So, a free will could reduce to thought liking or not. The question is what defines whether we like some thought, or not.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »
Appeal, Usefulness or potential usefulness.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 01:46:50 pm »
If u know your ai system front to back xrayed through it,  u know why it does what it does so thinking its "free will" is impossible, its the method you used for it.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 07:14:23 pm »
I think this "random" feeling is due to all that happens behind the scene, at subconscious level.

Do you think "random" is deterministic or probabilistic?

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 10:41:18 am »
I think this "random" feeling is due to all that happens behind the scene, at subconscious level.

On a metaphysical level?

I think when you flip a coin, you create two universes: one for each possibility. So it's both deterministic and probabilistic.

For example, life on earth is not by chance. It's just possible.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 01:02:50 pm »

On a metaphysical level?

I think when you flip a coin, you create two universes: one for each possibility. So it's both deterministic and probabilistic.

For example, life on earth is not by chance. It's just possible.

That always gets me fearful, that philosophy, because hell is also possible.   but how come we are here not there?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

272 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles