mini a.i puzzles

• 338 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: mini a.i puzzles
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »
Posing question after question without providing your answer or at least engaging the rest of us in a discussion of your single question is frustrating, to say the least.
@ Yotamarker  -  With all due respect...

It seems that you have all the questions and none of the answers. Therefore, what is it that you seek?

This is a Forum...a wide open discussion area. If we discuss, we can all learn. If we post a question without attempting to provide an answer, then no one benefits.

Get my drift?

Thanks and those are interesting questions. Now let's take some time to go over them.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »
Programming is more about problem solving to me, that's one thing I get out of it.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 06:43:12 pm »
so your drift is that you dislike filler threads ?
you could try to post some a.i puzzles of your own, maybe it would reduce your frustration.

a.i puzzle :
what would make an a.i tell a story rather than use a walkthrough or an algorithm or a single sentence ?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
Interactive fiction does that kind of thing, but I'm not sure if that is where you are going. It's not really ai either, more like parrot fashion.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:50 pm »
correct the prev puzzle isn't about story generation.
think about it, there seems to be a trigger be it constant or changing that would enable disable longer
output more detailed output (story telling) those triggers hold so much possibilities when unlocked.
many puzzles could be explaind with those triggers or markers.

a.i puzzle : while writing computer code what would make an a.i use comments.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 05:43:01 pm »
4 more a.i puzzles :
A what causes anger ?
B what causes sadness ?
C what are the uses of anger and sadness in problem solving ?
D froitzenflakh the ability to sit on a problem for months and years until solved, this technique was said to be used by albert Einstein. how would that skill be enabled and used by an A.I ?
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2016, 07:23:04 pm »
I bet Yotamarker doesn't know the answer to any of his puzzles.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 08:14:28 pm »
I bet professors that teach artificial intelligence at universities can't solve it   :2funny:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:09:20 pm by yotamarker »

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2016, 09:09:19 pm »
I'd solve them all if I wanted, but I'm too lazy :P

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18:40 pm »
a blonde a.i robot is standing in front of a tree on day she goes left to buy groceries
one day she turns right to watch the ocean, at both cases the input is the same the view of the tree
what made the bot take a different direction ?

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 09:21:12 pm »
the above puzzle was way too easy.

an a.i loves playing a video game with her master what would make her insist but not infinitely on playing the game with him and not someone else, formula wise ?

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »
this is what the field of artificial intelligence is really about, those puzzles m'kay, boss level puzzles that's a.i.
you want easy puzzles go to a toy store of something.
where was I...
oh yeah :
MY TURN! destiny draw !
you've activated my trap card ! A.I puzzle :
what would make an A.I use train items : like rubber nunchakus for training and real ones for self defence ?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:42 am »
what would make an a.i tell a story rather than use a walkthrough or an algorithm or a single sentence ?

It would depend on the target audience, the occasion and peer relationships of the group. The AGI would have a personal opinion on the level of intelligence of each of the peers it was explaining too; the weight of the majority would depict the format.

A what causes anger ?
B what causes sadness ?

Limbic system. Experience recall flushes local cortex areas with neurotransmitters, etc that effect the performance attributes of neurons. Shorter post synaptic delay = anger etc.

C what are the uses of anger and sadness in problem solving ?

Anger goes with determination, and sadness with empathy; both can provide a drive to solve a problem.

D froitzenflakh the ability to sit on a problem for months and years until solved, this technique was said to be used by albert Einstein. how would that skill be enabled and used by an A.I ?

This is just the lack of satisfaction of achieving a goal. The amount of time and resources we have utilised to solve a problem is directly proportional to how bad we need to solve it. We crave and need the rush achieved when we solve a complex problem. Sometimes it s even the fact that we can brag to our peers that drives us.

while writing computer code what would make an a.i use comments.

The same reasons that make humans comment code, helps other people understand it and makes it easier to go back to and track/ edit.

a blonde a.i robot is standing in front of a tree on day she goes left to buy groceries
one day she turns right to watch the ocean, at both cases the input is the same the view of the tree. What made the bot take a different direction ?

It’s a trick question…. She’s blonde… There is no logic to her decision. Depends on whether she required groceries or not. Lol

an a.i loves playing a video game with her master what would make her insist but not infinitely on playing the game with him and not someone else, formula wise ?

Enjoyment, excitement, friendship and loyalty of playing the game with her master would make her insist, but an understanding of the master’s personality, limitations and needs would temper her insistence.

Formula wise… My AGI can handle this type of scenario… so you tell me.

what would make an A.I use train items : like rubber nunchakus for training and real ones for self defence ?

An AGI would still have to learn to mimic the actions/ moves/ techniques required for martial arts. Training with a human would obviously require rubber nunchucks, whilst if the machine needed to use its skills to defend its self at some point hitting the assailant with rubber weapons probably wouldn’t be that effective. Lol.

My turn… You say that most of these problems can be solved with markers; how would your marker system handle love?
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »
one day she turns right to watch the ocean, at both cases the input is the same the view of the tree. What made the bot take a different direction ? :

elementary korrelan  : the robots goal in each case is different, alg wise :
goal + input -> point to action (output) this alg can run all the way till input = goal

your answers are basically correct but do they solve the A.I puzzles ? are they programmable algorithms ?

for example your answer :

Enjoyment, excitement, friendship and loyalty of playing the game with her master would make her insist, but an understanding of the master’s personality, limitations and needs would temper her insistence.

Formula wise… My AGI can handle this type of scenario… so you tell me. it is written as an opinion not an alg.

I tell you what, reach over 9000 views to this thread and I will let you guys pick  one of my prev posted puzzles
for me to solve.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »
I activate my SPELL CARD : a.i puzzle :

an a.i went to a supermarket to buy a tomato. the next day she had to buy 5 different items of food
including a tomato but this time she used a shopping bag to collect the items, the next day the a.i had to buy 3 different items from 3 stores but she did not use a shopping bag she used a bicycle.
what make the a.i use an item ?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

292 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles