Why no one manage to program True A.I? I feel I can.

• 36 Replies

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • There are no strings on me.
Re: Why no one manage to program True A.I? I feel I can.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 11:48:05 pm »
Sadly today computers are getting more powerful and people are only getting dumber. Or maybe not, but we are far less resourceful than our ancestors. I can see the power of today's 2 GHz quad-core (processor) 4GB (RAM) hand-held computers being used for dull tasks such as taking photos and transmitting them over specialized radio-frequencies while some 50 years in the past, this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
was used to take humans to another celestial object.

"Humans getting dumber" discussion aside, the paragraph above presents the power of specialized machines. The power is much lower however the way the gears trigger each other is different - notably more efficient for the specific task. Above that there is a layer of programming however it is of only secondary importance.
Humanity was not 'programmed' how, what and when to think - we were only given genetic material - do you see every newborn get programmed?

After years I strengthened the personal belief that real, fiction-like artificial intelligence is actually not something you program - you design the hardware but the complexity of a mind needs to develop on its own.
Software and Hardware developer, and everything in between.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 02:21:36 am »
@Ultron
That is correct, the complexity of the mind, has to be developed on its own. We have to teach it -- and let it learn properly by itself. Don't we all? We can actually observe that. In childhood age, their emotion intelligence isn't fully matured until the teens. That's when things gets really hairy.

Greetings, signature.

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 12:20:08 pm »
You got the right idea. Now carry on and keep up the hard thoughts - but don't let the possibilities empower you beyond your control.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2016, 02:55:16 pm »
Thank you for your encourage. :D
Greetings, signature.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
True A.I. may involve programming an imaginary A.I. first, I think.  We imagine the greatest from our struggles.  What do you think?
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »
Sadly today computers are getting more powerful and people are only getting dumber.

At the same time, computers may also be getting weaker.  Modern computer operating systems are crippled, I think, by a graphical user interface.  By comparison, vintage disk operating systems were real time.  Vintage personal computers have untapped power, that may be inexpensive to unleash.  In theory, a custom boot loader could bootstrap an A.I. program directly, instead of a file system.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Ultron

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2016, 02:34:04 pm »
At the same time, computers may also be getting weaker.  Modern computer operating systems are crippled, I think, by a graphical user interface.  By comparison, vintage disk operating systems were real time.  Vintage personal computers have untapped power, that may be inexpensive to unleash.  In theory, a custom boot loader could bootstrap an A.I. program directly, instead of a file system.

Perhaps you are discussing the weaknesses of consumer-grade computer operating systems - such as Windows (all) and some user-friendly Linux/Mac distributions. However we have complete access to our machines and we can use/mod them in any way we see fit. Professional users (administrators, programmers) use platforms specific to their needs. Those engineers who have in-depth knowledge of computer science and an absolute need to squeeze all the juice from their computers use operating systems such as Arch Linux, Debian, Xubuntu or custom derrivates (most often using the XFCE environment or none).

I personally use Kali Linux, Raspbian and Debian on my machines - each purpose-installed. Have you ever attempted to install and use a monstrocity such as Arch Linux? During your 3rd day of use/installation you will find out why manufacturers install heavy GUI's instead of something 'simple' (computer-wise).

Simply said - I disagree. It is only closed-source companies like Apple and Microsoft that make things heavy and easy to use. Computers are only getting more powerful and we are only getting more lost.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

290 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 328. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles