Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #465 on: May 04, 2019, 11:12:50 pm »
@ HS

But how does the GTP stay in sync? If connections in parts of the brain are changing why doesn't the thought pattern slip out of rhythm with other portions of itself and collapse?

As neurons mature they slowly loose their plasticity, this inhibits both their capacity to make new synapse and their ability to change their frequency response.  This means that once the core networks are in place they are very stable and able to provide the backbone of solid frequencies required.

The GTP only makes connections that do synchronise.  For a synapse to form between an axon and dendrite that joins two separate pattern facets there has to be synchronicity between both patterns otherwise the synapse dies.

@ Art & Lock

It was originally a female voice, though I’m not sure what it is now… but it is an original never before heard voice… and that’s cool.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #466 on: May 07, 2019, 02:54:37 pm »
It has occurred to me (well it was pointed out) that I have never actually shown what a GTP looks like.  This short vid shows a phase locked GTP actually running.

The sphere is a ‘brain seed’ the smallest representation of complexity possible for a stable phase locked GTP to both form and function. There are six layers of interconnected neurons, layer two is shown.  As the AGI matures this expands to allow room for neurogenesis to insert new neurons into the cortex layers.

Once running the GTP balances on the edge of chaos, it’s extremely sensitive to both internal and external influences and will phase even if one sensory neuron is stimulated.

The GTP only uses about 8% of the long axon tract band-width; so other internal/ sensory patterns can travel through the GTP network/ pattern to the relevant location on the cortex to be recognised/ organised and injected back into the GTP.

This GTP has approx 15K sub-patterns; each sub-pattern is reliant on and is temporally interlocked with all other sub-patterns.  Its ‘phase locked’ because there are no random patterns generated, although it will never cycle through the same GTP twice.  It will always return to stable global minima and ‘should’ never die/ stop.

Video Log…

0:24 Start one shot learning of the 80X250 patterns
0:34 End the learning sequence
Notice the confidence peaks on the graph, for each pattern learned.
0:54 Inject 90% random noise to start the GTP
Notice the blue line on the right graph rising, this is a measure of GTP complexity.
1:06 Turn off the noise and patterns
The blue line shows a stable level/ self sustaining GTP
1:39 Turn patterns back on
Notice the blue line rising, the injected patterns are still travelling through the GTP.
2:01 Turn off the patterns and the blue line falls as the GTP returns to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDFsjS5nrdk

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2019, 01:28:31 pm »
Yet another abstract video lol, but it keeps my thread updated.

I've been improving my tools to make the tracing and visualising of the connectome easier. Yellow highlights the synapse that have joined two diverse concepts (red/ blue)with a similar facet/ attribute.

Because the machine is only using its own senses, and the sensory streams and internal GTP patterns are self organising; similar properties/ facets are mapped to the same/ adjoining cortex regions.

As an analogy, red could represent the pattern matrix for ‘dog’, the fact that it’s a house pet, has four legs, etc. Blue could be ‘cat’ and that it is also a house pet and has four legs.  The fact that both animals have four legs would be mapped to/ share the same cortex region, as would the fact that they are both animals, have fur, etc. 

The yellow synapse in the video represents this type of ‘realisation’ by the machine, when asked which house pets have four legs, it’s these types of correlations that allow it to answer correctly.

It’s a weak ‘assumption/ realisation’ that will later be reinforced through experience and part of how the machine learns by ‘generalising’ knowledge and recombining it to create both known and new concepts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMOtIUaKDOE

goaty

• Electric Dreamer
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2019, 03:13:38 pm »
Im not sure what im looking at, but u seem convincing.   I like you are learning things about the state of the world, that's got to be right.

When you add motor, is it going to be anything like a chess search or a genetic algorithm - or is completely different?   ???
(or is that just some maths/calculus shortcut avoiding biological correctness??)

One more thing to say, its occurring to me, without attracting the machine like a magnet to a destination, it doesn't matter how much its correctly perceiving or correctly answering questions. (even tho that is a FORM of motivation.) it doesn't do anything, except spit out what went in.

They are attracted to a light!     Even if your superior system involves creating its own goals, I was just wondering...

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2019, 03:28:51 pm »
Im not sure what im looking at.

Haha... neither am I most of the time lol.

When you add motor, is it going to be anything like a chess search or a genetic algorithm - or is completely different?   ???

Completely different, although I suppose there are similarities between Genetic Algorithms and parts of my model, survival of the fittest synapse for example.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
« Reply #470 on: May 13, 2019, 11:54:49 pm »
"when asked which house pets have four legs, it’s these types of correlations that allow it to answer correctly."

Haha I know others have had parts of my knowledge prior but saying it exactly that way sounds like it is right off from me lol. Known or new answers, correlation, etc.
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:43 am »
Perhaps your Genious is slowly rubbing off on me.

Hopefully Something

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • So where are these cookies?
« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2019, 10:13:37 pm »
"Genius"

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2019, 10:20:39 pm »

Hopefully Something

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • So where are these cookies?
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2019, 10:28:33 pm »
dam! I thought I had you.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2019, 10:32:16 pm »
Haha.. I'd be the first to admit my spelling can be atrosious,.. don't...  ;D

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2019, 10:51:21 am »
@Korr, I was reading on Open AI's dexterous hand below, and you can actually buy that hand from where they did, see link on their page. Why don't you buy it!?
https://openai.com/blog/learning-dexterity/
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2019, 11:37:45 am »
The Shadow Hand is a very nice piece of kit, and I bet its not cheap.

I have my own design (partially built) of hand/ arm combo that I need to get finished, but I've been to busy coding/ teaching the AGI to get much done on anything else.

Cheers for the link though.

goaty

• Electric Dreamer
« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2019, 01:13:06 pm »
So much to do, so little energy.

Yes im not sure but I think im a genic too.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Deep Thought
« Reply #479 on: May 18, 2019, 09:34:45 pm »
Would that be Photo-genic or Cryo-genic? Chilling, to say the least!! ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Users Online

27 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
LOCKSUIT
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 49. Most Online Ever: 340 (March 26, 2019, 09:47:57 pm)

Articles