• 513 Replies

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2019, 10:40:01 am »
Is the video below incorporated into your AGI korr?

Do you have 2 nets, one for semantic map, and another for syntactic temporal sequence features building up?

I have a million nets that recognise and represent all of the experience, it also has Pattern recognition, Hebbian, Set theory, SOM, ANN, CNN, LSTM, Liquid state machines, Reservoir computing, AND/ NAND/ OR Logic gates, Echo State, NLP, and many, many more, all built into one system.

These are all best attempts of generating the kind of processing we do every day using normal standard human logic and reasoning, they are a human’s logical glimpse/ idea of how to reproduce the facets of human thought on our current technology.  I’m going many levels of abstraction deeper than this.

All of the above are technologies/ schemas are built on standard Von Neumann computer architectures.  They are built using human logic, mathematics, etc to run on our current computer technologies using standard logic processors.

My AGI is not a schema/ program like the above; it’s a totally different kind of processor, so not an Intel, AMD type of design using transistor logic… a biological processor.

As an analogy, you can run a program on your own computer that emulates a different logical processor, ie, an old Z80 or 6502.  The emulation can run the original programs written for the original processors by simulating the logic of the old computer… the old computer logic doesn’t actually exist inside your modern computer architecture, the programs are running on a simulation/ program of the original machine.

Or a weather system prediction system, the program emulates a natural physical system; there are no actual low/ high pressure systems inside your computer lol but it can still simulate/ predict weather patterns.

My AGI is the same except it’s an emulation of a biological system/ processor and the actual ‘program’ of the AGI runs on the simulated biological processor… not the Von Neumann computers.

I’m building the processor/ brain that thought of all the above ideas.

:)

It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2019, 05:32:07 pm »
Nice new website korr! Korr......Korr?.....Korr.......   Korr!

When I seen it I was like 'heh heh heh'
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #407 on: March 11, 2019, 06:51:31 pm »
Glad you like it lock, might upset a few academics but meh!

Loads yet to add, short on time as usual lol.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2019, 06:59:44 pm »
Yeah I'm reading it when it's more compiled hehe, let ya finish it
Emergent

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #409 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:51 pm »
Yes that is nice looking, whether I will understand it is another matter  ;D

When you are ready I can add you to the links section if you like.

Hopefully Something

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • So where are these cookies?
« Reply #410 on: March 11, 2019, 07:42:21 pm »
might upset a few academics but meh!

Because it's more intelligible.  O0

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2019, 08:57:19 pm »
It's mainly just snippets from this forum and my Youtube atm.

I'm trying to get it to flow in some kind of cohesive order, get the structure and then start adding new stuff.

I must admit I am enjoying the Google Site builder though, very quick and intuitive.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Deep Thought
« Reply #412 on: March 11, 2019, 11:02:49 pm »
It was a very nicely done visit to your world! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2019, 03:38:57 am »
Possible funding for korrelan:
https://allenai.org/incubator.html
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2019, 11:42:39 am »
Cheers for link lock but... I really don't like the idea of... collaboration with 75+ AI PhDs

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2019, 03:15:02 am »
The best part of korr's website is the K at the top left. ;p

I like how korr has actually realized that his forum replies are actually quite important... Your own self talk/replies are how you discover more about what you already know, like entailment and a whole party full of other things like Entailment.

Your posts are called 'exchanges/transactions', and you need to write things in your own words.

P.S. I know you have a book/etc too.

Good practicing. You may even want to open a fresh, new, empty notepad, and write your project all over again, this time better, shorter, and summarized!
Emergent

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2019, 07:26:18 pm »
Q#2

If I make my discoveries while I'm awake, why (in theory) would I myself ever need to go back to sleep? I know some discoveries happen in sleep, but most don't, so it's of little need once AGI is running and educated (education happens when awake too).
Emergent

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Global Moderator
  • Deep Thought
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2019, 03:36:33 am »
Lock,

That's why a lot of really creative people of all disciplines (scientists, authors, inventors, etc.) keep or have kept a notepad & pen next to their bed (night table or such), to write down any important dreams, ideas or flashes of inspiration that they might have while in their dream state. Once a person is totally awake it is often difficult to remember with any great detail, the events that transpired in that dream.

You might already do this so count yourself in the good company of those other creative minds out there. O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2019, 05:11:18 am »
ok i read site, couldn't resist. I'll check back later.

I like how korr talks about how young minds make less sense but have more ideas/flexibility for new solutions, but older minds are wiser with less flexibility and how they arrived at the answers they know. When enough of the context/related nodes are forgotten, you can't go as deep. My first solution is it's best to work with all your loved ideas/key parts needed even if they are named new names by now from you, sense them repeatedly to keep them, and note them on computer.

Young minds may think a=z or that g follows a - when they barely do. Can I ask you what is only slightly looks like a truck? Does a dog? Yes. A tower? No. Run through flashes in your brain until one looks only slightly similar looking! You can see this, but can you find them!? Ask yourself, "what has fur ONLY?" that=dog.
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:17 am »
If I make my discoveries while I'm awake, why (in theory) would I myself ever need to go back to sleep?

It does seem that way doesn’t it… but it isn’t.

You have insights by realising commonalities between concepts. The majority of the synapse that link the similar facets of the concepts together to provide/ realise the commonalities where created whilst you were asleep.

What do a Pizza and a glass have in common? Although you have probably never previously considered these two concepts together the patterns they create in your GTP do share one common facet, the roundness… this is a commonality of facets between concepts.

Your brain is constantly trying to make synaptic links between well established, strong concepts and fresh newly introduced concepts, even whilst you are awake, but on average the mental load of being awake requires too much energy and resources.

Age, health, environment, etc all have an impact on this process… and this is why a peaceful, quiet environment is best suited to studying… it reduces the mental load.

Your brain does however strengthen existing synaptic links and manages to mark/ tag (neurotransmitters) the facets of the newly introduced concepts whilst you are awake.

Your brain uses the tags and makes hundreds of associations whilst you are sleeping, some insights could be really game changing and you will never realise, some make logical sense, others don’t, some are just loose associations.

You actually only become aware of them when you are awake, and the pattern of your GTP guided by your ‘awake’ train of thought flows through the new synaptic links/ associations. 

As Art stated, on the odd occasion you might actually wake up with a ‘eureka’ moment as the links are made.

Although it feels like you had the idea, realisation whilst awake, it couldn’t have happened without sleep.

Sleep is extremely important to the normal functioning of your brain; even a twenty minute nap can make all the difference… although there is no substitute for a regular good nights sleep… lack of sleep will stunt your intelligence.

Users Online

133 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
LOCKSUIT
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 173. Most Online Ever: 340 (March 26, 2019, 09:47:57 pm)

Articles