Associative Broadcast Neural Network
« on: October 05, 2016, 12:26:51 pm »
Associative Broadcast Neural Network
Link to the article in PDF format.

Aleksei Morozov, 1973.03.16, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
aleksei.morozov.19730316.nn.ru@gmail.com
2016.10.04 - 2016.10.05

Abstract

Associative broadcast neural network (ABNN) is an artificial neural network inspired by a hypothesis of broadcasting of neuron's output pattern in a biological neural network. Neuron has wire connections and ether connections. Ether connections are electrical. Wire connections provide a recognition functionality. Ether connections provide an association functionality.

Electrically Conductive Network

ABNN contains an aggregate electrically conductive network (ECN). ECN represents electrically conductive medium around neurons in a biological neural network. ECN provides a broadcasting of electrical impulses. Electrical impulses propagate via ECN at a speed close to the speed of light. ECN provides a summation of impulses from different sources. Group of impulses composes a pattern.

Neuron

Neuron of ABNN has multiple input cable and one output cable. Neuron scheme is shown in figure 1. Input cable represents a dendritic branch. Output cable represents an axon. Each cable is electrically isolated from the ECN. Each input cable comprises a transmitter of electrical impulse to the ECN, and a receiver of electrical impulse from the ECN. Electrical impulse in an input cable represents a dendritic spike. Each transmitter and each receiver has an electrically conductive connection to the ECN. Input cable signal is a linear combination of wire signal and ether signal. Neuron signal is an activation function of a linear combination of signals from input cables. Neuron signal is supplied to the output cable.

Figure 1. Scheme of a neuron of an associative broadcast neural network.

Figure 1 numerals designate the following elements.

1. Electrically conductive network (ECN).
2. Neurons, whose output cables are connected to the input cables of the neuron.
3. Input cables of the neuron.
4. wi — weight of an input wire signal.
5. vi — weight of an input and output ether signal.
6. Adder of an input wire signal and an input ether signal.
7. Adder of input cable signals.
8. Transfer function.
9. Output cable of the neuron.
10. Neurons, whose input cables are connected to the output cable of the neuron.

Neural Network

The input cable of one neuron can have wire connection with the output cable of other neuron. Wire connection of two cables represents a synapse in a biological neural network. The output cable of neuron can have several wire connections with other neurons. Group of neurons forms a neural network. The input cable of neuron can provide wire incoming connection of a neural network. The output cable of neuron can provide the wire outgoing connection of a neural network. Each wire connection in ABNN is characterized by a weight.

Input Tree of Cables of a Neuron

The input tree of cables of neuron consists of input cables of the neuron. The input tree of cables is a part of one neuron.

Output Tree of Cables of a Neuron

The output tree of cables of neuron consists of input cables of other neurons, whose cables are connected to the output cable of this neuron. The output tree of cables of neuron isn't a part of this neuron.

Output Ether Pattern of a Neuron

The output ether pattern of a neuron is defined by geometry of an output tree of cables of the neuron. The output wire electrical impulse of neuron on the output cable arrives on the associated input cables of other neurons. The transmitter of each of these input cables gives out electrical impulse to an electroconductive network. Electrical connection of the transmitter to ECN forms the output ether connection. Each output ether connection in ABNN is characterized by а weight. Impulses can come to ECN not at the same time. This group of impulses defines an output ether pattern of neuron. In ABNN the output ether pattern of a neuron is defined by a set of weights of ether connections of input cables of neurons connected to the output cable of neuron.

Input Ether Pattern of a Neuron

The input ether pattern of a neuron is defined by geometry of an input tree of cables of the neuron. Electrical impulses from an electroconductive network come to receivers on input cables of neuron. Impulses from ECN can come to receivers not at the same time. Electrical connection of the receiver to ECN forms an input ether connection. Each input ether connection in ABNN is characterized by а weight. In a simple ABNN the output ether connection and the input ether connection can be characterized by same weight. Group of impulses from ECN can cause activation of a neuron even in the absence of signals from wire connections. Such group of impulses defines an input ether pattern of the neuron. Neuron can have some set of input ether patterns.

Broadcasting of Output Ether Pattern of a Neuron

The output ether pattern of an active neuron broadcasts via electroconductive network and reaches each neuron. Broadcast of patterns of neurons provides ether functionality of a neuron. The ether pattern arrives from ECN to ether inputs of a neuron and can cause activation of this neuron.

Ether Multipattern

Several active neurons can send their output ether patterns to the electroconductive network at the same time. Superposition of several patterns forms an ether multipattern.

Ether Association

Neurons have an ether association if one or several active neurons cause activity of one or several other neurons by transmission to their ether inputs the output ether patterns through the electroconductive network. Ether association has a direction. In the simplest case the active neuron can cause activity of other neuron, having transmitted to it his output ether pattern through ECN. Ether multiassociation is an ether association of several neurons.

Ether Stream of Consciousness

Flow of patterns in the electroconductive network forms an ether stream of consciousness. In a combination with wire transfer of signals between neurons the ether stream of consciousness forms a basis for a distributed multi-level multiassociation of neurons.

Testable Predictions

It is necessary to break input wire connections in some part of a functioning biological neural network. At the same time it is necessary to save the electroconductive network in full neural network. If the neurons in the isolated part have spikes, then the hypothesis of broadcasting of neuron's output pattern in a biological neural network is correct.

Popularization of Hypothesis

In order to ensure convenience for the study, experimentation and creation the idea of ether stream of consciousness is available to all, without exception, free of charge and without restrictions immediately after the occurrence.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
Re: Associative Broadcast Neural Network
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:40:49 pm »
 Hello "@Aleksei Morozov".
 How does this compare to a regular artificial neuron?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 10:27:11 pm »
Hi Aleksei

Welcome, nice write up on your theories, ideas.

Reminds me of 'cemi field theory'.  :)

Ether Multipattern

Several active neurons can send their output ether patterns to the electroconductive network at the same time. Superposition of several patterns forms an ether multipattern.

This implies groups of neurons are acting as a Fourier Series filter?

I’ve personally tried several methods of using local EM fields to stimulate collections of neurons.

Very interesting read, is this staying a theory or have you started coding/ building yet?

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 06:27:05 am »
... How does this compare to a regular artificial neuron?

:) Roughly the "formula" is
"Artificial neuron of ABNN = regular artificial neuron + associative broadcast".

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:56:53 am »
...Reminds me of 'cemi field theory'.  :)

:) Electromagnetic theories of consciousness are similar to the Ether Stream of Consciousness(ESC). But ESC uses electrical impulses only.

...This implies groups of neurons are acting as a Fourier Series filter?

:) Some group "effects" are possible too I think.

...I’ve personally tried several methods of using local EM fields to stimulate collections of neurons.

:) It is necessary to be personally careful.

...is this staying a theory or have you started coding/ building yet?

:) Actually, the theory is still in its infancy. I wanted to share the idea with AI community without long research.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:46:57 am »
It is necessary to be personally careful.

Hahahah… I’m renowned for being a ‘grumpy git’ first thing in the morning but reading this I actually laughed out loud. I must re-read and check my comments more before I post. Lol.

Yeah! My bad… I meant on artificial neurons groups within my simulations, I would never artificially stimulate my ‘own’ neurons with an EMF. Lol

I often get the notion that some kind of field emanating from a collection of neurons would solve several problems, especially where self organisation is concerned. I also experimented using a local EM field for initial learning, were the locality of an EM field causing initial activation would later be replaced by synapse consolidating the memory/ learning. The speed differential of the two signal transport methods caused me a problem though.

Pyramidal neurons come in all shapes and sizes, perhaps the size is relevant; bigger the neuron larger the field/ area of effect.

Perhaps myelin not only speeds the conduction of axon potentials but also insulates the axon from EMF, making the geographical location of the neurons soma more relevant?

The output ether pattern of a neuron is defined by geometry of an output tree of cables of the neuron.

So the axons ‘branching tree’ acts as a directional TX antenna?

Interesting stuff…  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:56:44 am by korrelan »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 10:07:35 am »
...Perhaps myelin not only speeds the conduction of axon potentials but also insulates the axon from EMF, making the geographical location of the neurons soma more relevant?...

:) The hypothesis says that electric field gives a broadcast effect. Not electromagnetic field.

So the axons ‘branching tree’ acts as a directional TX antenna?

:) Not like that. Dendritic branches (connected to the axon) act as transmitters of electrical impulses to the electrically conductive network.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
 I believe this is a spiking neuron logic?
If so, can  a memory cells by wiring five of your neurons into a circle and trap a pulse
going around in a circle also for a logical one and no pulse going around for a logical zero?

Neuromorphic are using these circuits are similar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyNAPSE 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromorphic_engineering

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 05:57:01 am »
I believe this is a spiking neuron logic?

:) It seems so. The spike of a neuron cause transmission of a group of electrical impulses to the electrically conductive network (ECN). This group of electrical impulses is an output pattern of the neuron.

If so, can  a memory cells by wiring five of your neurons into a circle and trap a pulse
going around in a circle also for a logical one and no pulse going around for a logical zero?

:) Actually, there is no need for special circle wiring. Associative Broadcast Neural Network is inherently recurrent neural network (RNN). But its recurrency is supported by ether associations of neurons.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:17:03 pm »
RNN........... O.K. Everything is making sense know. But which connection are the inputs?  #2?
 The diagram look like two layered RNN. And the weights and input lines a separated? In a no spiking the multiplied
Together. I find your work here very interesting because it is the first spiked RNN is have come across.

I believe the activation of just one neuron is many spikes entering its input at the same time and the bias. That is if spike
neurons use a bias?

Well anyway i have my own theory of a Artificial Neural Network Brain, ANNB. That uses something similar to you work:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/artificial-general-intelligence/KEyeFqFFGZY

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 05:49:36 pm »
...But which connection are the inputs?  #2?

:) Sure. Inputs are on the left. Orange arrows are usual wire connections. Green arrows are ether connections via ECN. Outputs are on the right.

The diagram look like two layered RNN.

:) Not so. Every neuron can have input and output ether associations with other neurons.

And the weights and input lines a separated?

:) No. As usual each wire connection in ABNN is characterized by a weight. But each output ether connection is also characterized by а weight. And each input ether connection in ABNN is characterized by а weight. In a simple ABNN the output ether connection and the input ether connection can be characterized by same weight.

In a no spiking the multiplied Together.

:) No. Activation of a neuron via ether association requires spike in the associated neuron or group of neurons.

I find your work here very interesting because it is the first spiked RNN is have come across.

:) Thank you.

I believe the activation of just one neuron is many spikes entering its input at the same time and the bias. That is if spike
neurons use a bias?

:) It depends on implementation. But bias is not mandatory I think.

Well anyway i have my own theory of a Artificial Neural Network Brain, ANNB.

:) Wow. Great. 

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

169 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 276. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles