About Universities.

• 8 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
About Universities.
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:27:08 am »
Universities teach. Universities are for a lot of other things too.

Universities are institues that are funded by the government and can use the money to start team research projects - for teaching better, yes, back to the main goal of universities.

My concern is I want to propose my AI project to a university.

Why does my idea stand? Because as long as it is properly reasoned with intellectualness to the chair/professors then it would *outcome in the same result the student/professor would have had with their approved project.

So, why do I have trouble contacting and asking a university? Well, they might want me to be a student or professor to propose. But, what did I just say above? - I said that with the proper intellectual reasoning for the project to be done and the outcome would have as good possible outcome result as would any other - being a student or professor should have nothing to do with it. A advanced alien could propose that has never been in a university on Earth.

What do I do?

The chair never emailed me back. I feel like I'm going to be badgered on the phone and asked "who is this" and hung up on like the other 100 times. It's not working.

Do I go down to their office and tell the chair? Phone? Email?

At what times does the student/professor go to "who"? In the office of the chair? When he's in the hallway? A online grant form to fill out.?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:02:21 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
Re: About Universities.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:42:53 am »
One that does not give up will try every possible choices available.
Greetings, signature.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:27:54 am »
https://briankoberlein.com/2015/09/16/id-be-happy-to-for-250-an-hour/

The attached article explains it very well.

Yesterday I got an email asking for a favor. I’ve never met this particular person before, but they had this revolutionary new approach to relativity that could explain away dark matter and dark energy. Could I please just read through the 40-page tome and give them feedback. It’s so simple it must be right. They just need a little help with the details. I get similar emails about once a week.

There are very good reasons why you are being ignored Locksuit and whining about it won't help.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 03:53:04 pm »
@ Locksuit,

Clean up
Dress nicely (even better than usual)
Go to University / College
Ask for Professor of Physics or A.I. department
Introduce yourself properly and shake hands
Explain your reason for being there
Politely ask that person if they would please take a look at your research
Ask them to please get back to you with their thoughts or comments on your research.
Thank them for their time
Shake their hand
Say goodbye.

If you believe in your ideas or concepts, Never accept NO for an answer.

Good luck!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 07:24:11 pm »
I appreciate what you said Art about what to do.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 09:00:45 pm »
What, is, dis? I found a program at a university nearby that assists in proposals and also found that gradute/undegraduate/post-docual whatev they call it means you can intensively carry out your research for like 150K or something like that for over 3 years (unless that's your funding amount), I thought the grant to get in university was just for teaching not researching. Now I can definitely call/email and say I want ta apply n research blahblah or somethin like that and get free grants/proposal preparation.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 11:22:39 pm »
Sounds like a better route. Have you worked out basic things like how much you think it will cost, how long it will take, what kind of resources you need and things like that ?

Often projects go beyond what is at first foreseen so bear that in mind.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 11:51:59 pm »
It's time for you to make a video presentation so you can start raking in the donations for your project. Don't forget what Art said, clean up and dress nicely. Don't worry about a plan, after the first few days of development your AI will be able to do all the work itself.

https://www.gofundme.com/

Over $3 Billion raised for personal causes! GoFundMe is the #1 do-it-yourself fundraising website to raise money online. Get your crowdfunding website FREE!

https://www.indiegogo.com/

As the largest global site for fundraisers, Indiegogo helps individuals, groups and non-profits raise money online to make their ideas a reality.

https://www.kickstarter.com

Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. A home for film, music, art, theater, games, comics, design, photography, and more.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 06:14:26 am »
Don't worry about a plan, after the first few days of development your AI will be able to do all the work itself.

Haha, so true.

The kickstarter etc not so worky worky and are more harder, I won't be going those routes. Though I have looked at kickstarter and even have all of the needed pretitiques in my to-do-list but naw that is like maybe in 5 years if nothing happens lol.

@Freddy, I have in my presentation script thingy that it's VR/real baby but um no no material other than a processor for example. Money amount, not really can figure out. Time, unknown too. I can'tttt lol.

....................An interesting story about me is, I'm 21, but when I was 13 I'd say mom can you call a university I need to build my atomic mover so it'll mutilple and can swish atoms around n become god, I'd ask to go to the university, went too, and pursued asking about universities on this idea up to like 18 years old. Then, for a year I pursued doing the sammmme but wanting to create a consciousness I think it was to become immortal if can create em. Finally after the advent of The Everything and further (BIG) progress I became smarter and a full metal atheist and realistic and around the time of the dropping of the magnetic-idea and the consciousness idea I was getting pretty advanced and then finally I broke into the end smarts and read about AI reward in a article and now for a year and a bit have advanced the AI up to full AI understanding of it and the idea isnt sick like before like magno-infinite-energy shiz it is like this lever falls and hits this and will work because of the raw stuff like that. The Everything got me to find how to become immortal the quickest way. The AI is the biggest super weapon. In the shortest time say years the whole galaxy may be full of organism type-7Billion for example (though no the organism ship will be grown, return, and we fly away in it and are immortal and do-not-colonize the galaxy that is not the way). They're gonna advance Earth n get us the heck outta here fast. I list all of their abilities and know how we work so yes it will be made and have da abilities! Your brain is a pc mac not a magic chose-er of choice sorry. You are a talking Toshiba computer and there is a way you work, you are no different than sitting on a bench and finding a samsung phone, you are a device!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

216 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 291. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles