Trying to Upload

• 21 Replies

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Trying to Upload
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:19:50 pm »
  I have the Haptek file "Welcome Intel " which I'd like to upload.  It's been a while since I've played with it but it contains some htr's and things people may find useful.  I tried to upload before seeing the max size limit of 4 Mb, the file size is almost 11 MB.  I can use EazyZip 2000 to Span but the largest size is around 2.8 MB about 4 files, is there a better way.  I think I found this at Intel and have not been able to locate it again on the internet.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Trying to Upload
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 am »
Hi Carl, as it came from Intel is it something they allow people to distribute ?  If so I can sort something out, I'm just concerned it may be copyrighted etc..

dan

• Mechanical Turk
    • AI
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »
Yeah, what the heck is it, now you've got me interested, and I can't find anything on it. ;)
A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human. A.Turing

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:20:24 pm »
  It's 10,900 KB, last modified 7-3-05.  I believe it was sent to Intel from Haptek to demonstrate hyperthreading tech.  It's a little similar to Josh's fullbody girl, but a little broader in scope. I remember a headset with mic, a tie and a few other htr's.  I've just reinstalled XP on drive C and the program is on drive D, it opens but says I do not have a Haptek player.  The right side lists Skins, Shapes, Moods, Accessories and Acts.  The left side is not displaying the choices.
  I've still got to get Hal up and running and wanted to get this out to people using Haptek. I looked in Intel again to find a link, possibly it could be at Haptek.
  Freddy thanks for the info,  I should probably be more concerned with those issues.
Carl2

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:13:58 pm »
  I've got Hal up and running again which reinstalled the Haptek player so now the intel release works.  It seems to be designed to help sell people putty.  Kate appears and clicking a botton the left allows choices on the right.  The headset with mic didn't come from this.
  I looked again for this at Intel and Haptek but can't find it again on the web.
Carl2

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:53:28 pm »
Hmm, well presumably if you were able to download it then it is freely available.  That might not mean the same thing as freely distributable...  Well least I can take a look at it if you want to email it to admin@aidreams.co.uk .  We're in good standing with Haptek, so I can always enquire about it there too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:04:49 pm by Freddy »

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:25 pm »
Freddy,
  Just read your reply, I'm putting in a wireless router using cables.  I'm looking for a Zip program with spanning capabitlies that are larger than 2.8 Mb to send the file, as well as testing out the network using the router.  I'll come back to this in a few days, the router gets returned if not working as expected and one computer is having a problem with the internet connection.
  I should tell you I've found the problem with uploading I had earlier, the cause was files included files with incorrect extensions.
Carl2

Duskrider

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:30:22 am »

Got me interested too now.   
If you fail sending to Freddy, how about putting on savefile where we could download ?

???

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
  • Mind is all that Matters!
    • Character Creations & Design Works
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:55 pm »
You could also email to me at my admin addy, it can handle attachments up to 20MB.
I could then upload it to my site for freddy to download and take a look at. Just send
it to -  admin@charctercreationsanddesignworks.us

I can either send out emails with a download link in them or put a link in this thread for it.
Gamer-T

PaleRider

• Nomad
  • Never drive fasterthan your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 12:22:04 pm »
Got me to, Got me interested too now.
Guardian Running XP on Acer 4202WLMi T2300 Duo core 1.66GHz ,667MHz,  2Gig memory.
guardian.angel@rogers.com

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:28:15 pm »
  I believe I have juct sent the Welcome Intel file and a text message to Gamer Thom.   I recieved a not connected message from Outlook at the end of the file, hope it got through.
Carl2

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 05:54:47 am »
It got through Carl2.  I should have my SmartFTP reinstalled by Wednesday
evening and will then upload it to my site and send you the link for the file.  8)
Gamer-T

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:47 pm »
Did you manage to find out if you are allowed to distribute this ?  I don't want you guys getting in trouble...easiest thing to do is drop a line to Jack at Haptek.

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:02:56 pm »
  Thanks GamerThom and best of luck with your website,  I check it out every so often.  I'll leave it up to you and Freddy to decide what to do with the file.
Carl2

GamerThom

• Departed Friend.
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 08:26:58 pm »
I'm not in very good graces with Jack Wiley or haptek right now. If either one of you
would like to email him about that file I'd appreciate it. I'll hold it in storage on my web
site until I here something. I haven't posted it for download yet.
Gamer-T

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

252 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 291. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles