Way before I attempt VR let me ask some questions.

• 64 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Way before I attempt VR let me ask some questions.
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:43 pm »
Let's say with my soon to be new computer that I attempt to make my AI in a VR 3D world in a way that is smaller processing too.

Do I use Blender and python to control the body? Or do I open a compiler, wet my hands, and prepare to make some matrix out of code? I'm guessing that matrix would actually turn out to be Blender, meaning Blender is already a start for me to do this, correct?

I know C++, and Blender. But what will I need to know? Teach me a bit of important things here. Do I use code to control the bones movement etc for example, how, etc. Where does my AI algorithm go...so confused.

In fact tell me everything you would do, such as "then place cameras in the skull's eyesockets and code that in and..."
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Way before I attempt VR let me ask some questions.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:27:01 am »
Gotta ask; you keep saying you have it all worked out, so why are you asking us what to do ?

You say you know something, then a few lines later ask something basic about it.

Blender is a modelling program but can do animation. It also has a game engine which could be used for a VR world.

Anyway, yep Unity is probably your easiest route into VR. So learn C# or Javascript. And buy a headset of course, probably a developer Occulus Rift one for Unity.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/virtual-reality/vr-overview?playlist=22946

What kind of world are you going to make ? Are you going to model real world physics from scratch or use what Unity has to offer.

Unity worlds can be fun to make and nice to look at, here's one of mine, made with a terrain generator and some assets I bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQYnHjqRbg

And you probably will want to quickly get characters into Unity so here's a tutorial I wrote to get Daz figures into Unity...

http://widdershinsstudio.uk/exporting-daz3d-models-or-characters-into-unity-for-animation/

In short - to control bones in Unity you rig the character in Unity. You can control the bones in script and you can use morphs (Unity calls these blendshapes) to do things like lip-sync. You can use Blender to make morphs btw, but you know Blender right ?

In fact tell me everything you would do, such as "then place cameras in the skull's eyesockets and code that in and..."

So here we have some honesty then ? You don't know what to do so you want us, who have spent years on this kind of thing, to tell you how to do it all ? Come on dude, make an effort.

I don't mind helping people with my little experiments and techniques, but I prefer people to be more open and honest about what they know because I am not a mind reader. It's better to say you know nothing about some aspect and ask for help rather than say you know it all.

I don't think less of people if I know something they don't and I hope vice versa.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:54:06 am by Freddy »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:31:56 am »
I have only said before that my database holds only all the most important knowledge only. That does not include, or at least for now, how to use a tool like blender, rather only how AI works and why we should all love eachother etc.

I am being honest that this is one area I'm a little confused on, yes, yes - I know about all topics and very fine detail and even all of AI, but some things are not even understood by me, yes, that is possible! Even for such related things to my work I that I do know.

You know, this is very important, and you even know the answers, and that I have said the internet search system is not easy to find answers as my search tree would be - there's no effort for me to attempt I'm lost with Google searching, and that you should definitely tell me these few simple answers. The AIs would. They would.

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:38:17 am »
I know C++, and Blender. But what will I need to know? Teach me a bit of important things here. Do I use code to control the bones movement etc for example, how, etc. Where does my AI algorithm go...so confused.

I've been seeing quite a bit of impatience.

Rush of attempts to create topics for whatever reason.
Rush of attempts to make us understand your A.I.
Rush of attempts to learn something new at once and think it all can be learned at once.
Rush of attempts to persuade us to work your project.
Rush of attempts to try new things and think it can be finished at once.

Now you're rushing into VR before even... ... ...

Programming requires a bit of experience. It isn't something that can be just poof, and master it in one day. One requires a tons of trial and error to understand the power of programming language, what it can do, and what it can't do. There will be always limits, and bypassing that limit is the hardest criteria as a programmer. It's like solving puzzles.

I've taken 10 years to just make it to C#, all by just starting as a hobby. I haven't even gotten myself a pat in the back because there will be always improvement.

In any case, without that knowledge, it's all futile to tell you "where to put the A.I algorithm". If you've really learned "some" C++, then why don't you show us the best program you've ever programmed? That being said, "some" is not very convincing either way...

...Note aside, you can do what you need to do, provided that you know where to look for, there are information online that helps you to begin, that is, based on what you're capable of now. Don't get yourself over confident, as that won't get you anywhere...

Take a break and reconsider what you're doing, and work your way from the first step instead of leaping around in everyone's heads you find.

Good thing you're not a bunny or I would have grabbed your legs threw you into the bubbling cauldron in the Hogwarts Castle..
Just kidding.  O0
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:00 am »
Gtta eat, b back to read. Also Freddy adding on to the end of my last reply - in the time it took you to write that you could have instead said the answer. Advances are made that way, I already learned the lesson that Google search sucks.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 01:48:26 am »
Google search sucks?  :2funny:
I've become what I am capable of today all thanks to Google.

Google is love, google is life.
All hail to Google!

:)
Greetings, signature.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 02:00:38 am »
Gtta eat, b back to read. Also Freddy adding on to the end of my last reply - in the time it took you to write that you could have instead said the answer. Advances are made that way, I already learned the lesson that Google search sucks.

Haha, yeah I'm sure I could have told you about years of work in a few minutes.

I gave you a starting point, I addressed your questions, what more do you want ? Why are you even bothering if you just want someone else to do it for you ?

What do you get out of it if I told you the answers that you seem to think I have ? Who's advance would that be ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:26:29 am by Freddy »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 02:46:21 am »
Using Google to fill in the blanks just takes a bit of practice and a lot of patience.

Here's an easy one to get you started. Find out the meaning of:

ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:52:59 am »
Kei the search-tree would allow you to 100% certainty find by branches the answers you're looking for. Actually I learned all of c++ in a few days or something like that plus made a English Sheet for later re-learning too. I'm rushing because I have no time to spare.

For example with my AI I can explain it with just a few sentences yes, and less with a picture worth thousands of words. This iterates through all in The Everything - I can prep up a 5 year old to my level in a few months. After all my questions only required simple 4 word answers like "yeah use blender" or "you need python code+blender" or "put cameras in skull" etc.

I..I...I'm a bunny rabbit though kei.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:32:10 am by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 03:07:33 am »
Important question - will I be able to use Blender/Unity to have the physics so that when the baby's arm goes forward and/or pushes off the floor it will move forward? Keep in mind the crawl requires the arms to move not push forth and then as the other do the same the front ones stay where there are by friction else it'd look like a athletic swimmer not-going-anywhere.

Peter Parker is an academically brilliant but socially inept boy who is bitten by a genetically modified spider and gains spider-like abilities...

Scientist, engineer, billionaire, founder and owner of Oscorp who tests an unstable strength enhancer on himself and becomes the insane and powerful Green Goblin...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=the+green+goblin&biw=1280&bih=933&site=webhp&tbm=isch&imgil=sy5Bn5-OfpASrM%253A%253BN5OiDP99qn3BnM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.reddit.com%25252Fr%25252FMarvel%25252Fcomments%25252F3qr8an%25252Fmcu_green_goblin_what_are_you_wanting%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=sy5Bn5-OfpASrM%253A%252CN5OiDP99qn3BnM%252C_&usg=__yrCAM1nHhJvkkwdFGjBj1wILdl4%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjfi561sffPAhWpzIMKHSz1B-gQyjcIfg&ei=5w8QWJ_8A6mZjwSs6p_ADg#imgrc=sy5Bn5-OfpASrM%3A

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:33 pm »
Learn c# or javascript.

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »
After all my questions only required simple 4 word answers like "yeah use blender" or "you need python code+blender" or "put cameras in skull" etc.
Oh really?

Important question - will I be able to use Blender/Unity to have the physics so that when the baby's arm goes forward and/or pushes off the floor it will move forward?
Collision physics is something that is common today. But to be warned that they are not perfect whatsoever. glitch tends to happen when there are too many bodies is colliding and active at once. Blender supports real-time There are more accurate physics engines and libraries out there, unfortunately they can be extremely hard to setup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/20nzm0/how_physically_accurate_are_blenders_simulation/

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/16644/physics-accuracy.html

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/231924/no-100-accurate-physicscollision-handling.html

Keep in mind the crawl requires the arms to move not push forth and then as the other do the same the front ones stay where there are by friction else it'd look like a athletic swimmer not-going-anywhere.
This is the type of physics that probably does not exist yet not common yet. Not exactly, but most of these simulations out there are just either approximation, aren't made to be very fast, and even if they exists, they are only made for analytical purposes. We can see them usually found in labs and presentation videos.

Unfortunately no one is really interested in this that much, not much were released into the public, google does not provide much information, or perhaps I am using the wrong words to search.

However, one can program the rigid body dynamics to approximate the swimming dynamics within a static fluid. Even one manages to replicate such "real-time" effects would take ages, a lot of computations, large amount of mathematics, and large codes.

http://www.engr.uky.edu/~acfd/me330-lctrs.pdf

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=9439

Peter Parker is an academically brilliant but socially inept boy who is bitten by a genetically modified spider and gains spider-like abilities... Scientist, engineer, billionaire, founder and owner of Oscorp who tests an unstable strength enhancer on himself and becomes the insane and powerful Green Goblin...
What does that have to do with this topic...?

Edit: What you're looking for is probably Multiphysics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiphysics

There are tons of libraries for specified for what you're looking for. Some of them are listed in the Wikipedia reference section.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:49:56 pm by kei10 »
Greetings, signature.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »
Kei, you could just have said "maybe", that's all he was asking for ;)

kei10

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 09:38:56 pm »
Greetings, signature.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

201 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 236. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles