yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
westworld spra or parallal nerative
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:42:43 pm »
we see a common element in the TV show westworld in which the guest chooses one
nerative of story an adventure and they often quit that nerativ to start a different one.

like they would do a treasure hunt capture a prisoner for bounty and he would offer them a dangerous
quest from his boss.

question is : in the mind of the scriptwriters are those new quests parallal to the main goals of the game (shoot, fight, get robot GFs) or are those side quests based on predictions like predicting the captured wanted bot has a big boss he would mention ?

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: westworld spra or parallal nerative
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:45:56 pm »
I kind of view them as various "Paths" that the guests might choose. With each possible path, there is some sort of outcome and not all are as favorable as say some others.

The Guests are under the notion that they are "free to make their own choices", but the script-writers will have created many possible outcomes based on their choices. Bottom line: in WW, there is no free will. It has all been calculated and there is practically a contingency for each and every action, choice, event or tragedy that can / does happen.

WW is not a chess game with thousands of possible moves, it just appears that way. Good scripting at its best! IMHO.

BTW, what is Spra?
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 04:33:52 pm »
like split

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:33:11 am »
Sorry but Spra is not a recognized word in the English speaking world.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:00 pm »
cause I misspell it

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 02:45:44 pm »
Oops!

But, getting back, Do you think the writers allowed for possible deviations to their scripting? Obviously, the hosts are contained to the "World" that has been created for them. One might assume that they will never cross that boundary or might they be electronically "Contained" within the world? (like an embedded shock collar for a human instead of a collar for a dog).

Are all possible narratives considered within the confines of this world? Obviously glitches and mistakes can and do happen. These are quickly swept up and sent to the troubleshooters for analysis and repair. Quite an interesting series and certainly one for education and entertainment.

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 04:23:03 pm »
the key to preventing the bots from exiting the park and stepping out of the "matrix" is deleting
their new memories  during sleep, which is very simple algorithm wise , on the other side I think
it is inevitable the chobits would not retain memory fragments in their conscience .

I do find it increadibly stupid some of the bots have botboyfriends and play hard to get as a visitor I would
not come back to such a place.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »
It is part of their programming. The obvious draw is for West World to provide engaging entertainment and in the process, turn a profit. (it costs real money to maintain the bots and that "world").

West World is a place of fantasy and indulgence. You can pick a fight with some bot girl's boyfriend and have a duel with him (if that's what you want). You could even bring your real girlfriend to WW if you wanted (Why?) and seek out any kind of western thrills you wanted. Your choice.

I don't see it as stupid at all. Merely offering other "options" to the guests. To each their own.

Perhaps you are better suited with Chi and her friends. Less problems that way! ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:16:23 pm by Art »

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 08:57:10 am »
I would like to further discuss the narrative construction of the show.

there are 2 main narratives :

1 the westworld the place of fantasy
2 the real world

the slide between narratives happens mostly after a climax shootout or love scene
with a fadeout to the repair area, than the slide back happens after a work related issue
or detective work.
one of my dolls has red eyes and it made me think of a narrative for vampire bots, these would be a mutation nerrtive, and that made me think of handicap elfbot narrative which is a spra narrative.

what other kind of narrative KINDS can you think of ?

jlsilicon - Robotics AI

• Bumblebee
  • I can recreate my mind - so I am fully Conscious.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »
I think the WestWorld idea, is to present the Hosts with a base 'Script' to follow.
Which leaves the 'Visitors' to interact as they like with the Hosts, or just follow the Hosts with their Scripts.

The Hosts are not supposed to have the creativity to create new paths or interact any differently.
Notice that Dolores in the first few episodes always follows the same path, - like picking up the Can in the street ...

Obviously, the series follows that Dolores develops her own Decisions and Ideas and Personality as William pulls her along.

I differ on what makes the Hosts 'alive' though. 
- They are still robots.
Unless the later models are Clones - which are Not robots - and opens another whole can of worms ...
- like Bladerunner for example...

Also, if the Hosts even follow the Scripts, they still seem intelliget and can make their own decisions. 
I think westworld is not defined realistically enough.

Has anybody tried building their own here ?

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:29:51 am »
If these Humanoids / Androids / bots / mechs or whatever you choose to call them, are able to make decisions based on programmed scripts that's one thing. It is also possible to allow them to deviate from one of perhaps several paths...also programming. The point where they begin making "conscious" or thoughtful decisions based on something aside from their programming, and they show all signs of being self aware or sentient, then that puts a whole new spin on things.

I think part of what we're seeing in WW is the phenomenon called "Ghost in the Machine", remnants of programs left over by either not thorough erasures or perhaps too many erasures. Which ever way seems to cause little snippets, fragments of previous code or programming instructions to be left behind, accumulating and later becoming accessible by these bots. Some of these might serve to form a vague memory or a robotic "deja vu" for them.

Can't speak for others here but I think most of us are NOT billionaires or multi-millionaires which would likely be a requirement to build such a vast Theme Park. Think of Disney World / Land on this same grand scale.

Realism? I think the writers, directors, staff went over the top trying to bring realism to WW. The amount of detail is amazing! Defined Realistically?

Think about it. The guests arrive on an authentic steam locomotive and time appropriate passenger cars. Then are outfitted in period clothing from hats to spurs and given guns and horses to ride. For any outside visitor, they would believe they stepped outside of a Time Machine that just traveled back about 160 years ago.

Then there's the entire corporation and operation / research center underground, not to mention all the electronics and expensive equipment and support staff. Wow!

I wish we had something like that for real, nearby! Soon those Humanoids will become sentient then watch your credit cards! ;)

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 06:53:52 am »
you could use VR no jutsu cut down cost

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 04:47:51 pm »
Well decision based AI operation agent softwares are a machine, and they do well you know~

But self-conscious AI programming is just really some unique programming or connections hehe (what I know), it really isnt self-aware, it's a machine.

Art, I really don't classify these as two distinct things, sure one is decision based programmin, but the other is actually just, well, programmin >.>
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »
its just acting like A.I actress
an A.I with a job
and you can pay her with virtual drugs

jlsilicon - Robotics AI

• Bumblebee
  • I can recreate my mind - so I am fully Conscious.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 05:35:38 pm »
To each their own...
(applicable to  the forum here, to the robot hosts, of course).

I am just saying that the Hosts in WestWorld - act too real - for just following Scripts.

Teddy seems to be stuck in his Reactions. 
But he (like the rest of the hosts) still has a Personality well and beyond a script.

Dolores swings off on her own ideas, few episodes later

Bernard though - clearly has a Personality and creativity from the beginning.

Then there is Maeve.  She has a Personality - but is supposedly stuck in a script at the first episodes.

How can they be having intelligent discussions with people - if only following scripts?
Remember the Felix and Maeve conflict (the computer tablet predicting her words...)?
- How could she have a script for talking about her Programming - if this is Never supposed to happen ??

Good story - but not deeply thought out enough ...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

361 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles