Is this the photo you're seeing?

• 38 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Is this the photo you're seeing?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 02:03:53 am »
Eh.

Yes http://www.adampease.org/

But why show me it? There is many different sorts of AI schematics/table-sheets on the internet. There's no system in this picture. It is very messy and has 0 mechanical structure. Most of the things can be done by a few things. Others are the body. A better pic could be made.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »
But why show me it?

Can't you figure that out either?

Most chatbots maintain a better of illusion of intelligence than you do.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 07:37:29 pm »
I'm used to links to pictures that are simply on a hosting website, I didn't expect the SUMO one to be on the creators website hence not checking the address bar.

This thread is about "seeing AI" as a "system", the picture you're showing me is a bunch of words, and if it wasn't words it would be not unified/disorganized. My black spaceship picture has very few parts/main parts and is extremely organized.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 07:44:59 pm »
Your ideas are about as sophisticated as a not very bright preschooler's and your ridiculous drawings only serve to illustrate that. If you were a bit more grown up you would have a better grasp of the complexity of the real world and you wouldn't have to grossly oversimplify it in your efforts to cope with it.

If you really want to make a contribution you should start by learning to dress yourself and cook your own meals. Once you've mastered the basics of personal hygiene, then maybe you could start learning to program. I mean really learn, not just pretend like you have been. Then maybe you'll have a contribution to make.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »
I do dress myself and cook my own meals including cakes!

Not programming something doesn't mean I don't have a massive contribution in the making.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 08:33:28 pm »
I do dress myself and cook my own meals including cakes!

Well that's great if it's true and I'm sorry if I seem a bit harsh but it's because I think you have potential. You're full of ideas, but everything you've done so far is hopelessly naive and you need to try a lot harder. Ideas by themselves are worthless, it takes a lot of work, more than you can imagine, to make them into something valuable.

Not programming something doesn't mean I don't have a massive contribution in the making.

That's true, but it is unreasonable of you to expect anyone to believe you without proof. We are all eagerly awaiting that proof and only working software will be enough. Even that video that you've been promising to make won't constitute proof, even if you manage to persuade us to be more patient with it.

I have a lot of patience. I've spent tens of thousands of hours over several decades developing a massive body of sophisticated software that does useful things like parsing and reasoning and language processing on a large scale. It's incredibly powerful software but it's still not AI, it's just a part of it. But because I know firsthand how much work it takes to achieve anything, I have no patience with anyone who has done nothing and is yet to demonstrate that they're capable of anything, yet proclaims loudly how they've solved all the problems that the best minds on earth have yet to solve after sixty years of unstinting effort.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 08:53:15 pm »
I hear you and understand you.

It's pretty cool to hear you and korrelan are "big guys".

I personally have attempted programming and learned c++ and made a note on how to quickly re-learn it if need be. But I got stuck in dead mud on putting it in a robot with that OpenCV. In the end I realize humans haven't yet made it nice here, EV3 programming is beautiful with visual-blocks etc! Got that working. And would pay for it to be made into a full blown tool just for me.

That's why I'm doing everything I can hard to find how to get what I know to others and get our AI tech up to date, if not almost make AI. I've got really mind blowing things up my sleeve, actually expect worlds to appear soon.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 09:15:45 pm »
I personally have attempted programming and learned c++ and made a note on how to quickly re-learn it if need be. But I got stuck in dead mud on putting it in a robot with that OpenCV. In the end I realize humans haven't yet made it nice here, EV3 programming is beautiful with visual-blocks etc! Got that working. And would pay for it to be made into a full blown tool just for me.

C++ isn't a good language to start with or finish with. I spent nearly 10 years programming with C++ and stopped using it decades ago. Unfortunately it makes things too complicated and engineers end up spending more time wrestling with the language than refining their solutions. I mastered C++ and then abandoned it.

A good path for learning is to start out with Python but it's not a good language to use for serious projects because it does not enforce enough discipline. If you are good at making cakes then you know that baking requires a lot more discipline than other kinds of cooking, so maybe you'll be good at programming one day too, because discipline is essential for the really big projects like AI. Once you've mastered Python you might not need anything else, but it would still be good to learn lots of other languages anyway because they have radically different ways of solving problems. You should definitely learn SQL simply because it's so useful.

If you would like to try a professional grade development environment like EV3 then I'd suggest you take a look at MatLab. It is the same kind of thing but rugged enough to cope with industrial and scientific applications.

https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab.html

That's why I'm doing everything I can hard to find how to get what I know to others and get our AI tech up to date, if not almost make AI. I've got really mind blowing things up my sleeve, actually expect worlds to appear soon.

You should consider this quote from Socrates and think about how it applies to you right now.

I know that I know nothing

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 09:21:29 pm »
I know that I know nothing

You don't know that.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 10:36:56 pm »
See how intense I go:
http://advancessss.deviantart.com/art/Sumo-651775995?ga_submit_new=10%253A1482013193

I'll erase and un-erase many times. All over again shall we?

IM CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYY

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 10:44:53 pm »
See how intense I go:
http://advancessss.deviantart.com/art/Sumo-651775995?ga_submit_new=10%253A1482013193

I'll erase and un-erase many times. All over again shall we?

IM CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYY

What even is that?
It looks completely disorganized...
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 11:09:45 pm »
It's the picture infurl linked to me. See it full here:
http://www.adampease.org/OP/images/SUMOclasses.gif

See infurl, as kei just said - "it looks completely disorganized".

ROFL

kei10

• It's a honor to meet everyone!
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Just kidding.
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 11:58:56 pm »
Why did you erase that and made it appeared to be disorganized?

You imbecile! *sarcasm*

Listen, kids.

Never judge too early, or judge too late.

Here I am, I shall slam my head into a wall in a moment.

All are welcomed to watch.

Edit: Oh, I can't do it, I will have Jake to help me.

*Head smashing sfx*

Jake: "You are welcome."

Jokes aside...
Greetings, signature.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 01:28:46 am »
My screenshot showed me in a editor with an eraser clearly having erased it........

But yeah this thing is poorly organized in multiple ways.

1. It's soooo long in hieght and hard to zoom in/out when if wasn't would require less adjustment and more view power.

2. Rotated 90 degrees it would fit better even on my non-widescreen monitor.

3. All jumbled together. Crooked lines. Etc. No spaces. No real/true hierarchy. Fake realistic terms.

I am so packed with secret knowledge it's incredible, I got how to make super metaloid beings, end universes, timetravel back to retry a experiment, etc.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2016, 01:47:43 am »
You really haven't got the slightest idea what you're looking at have you. Not that it will mean anything to you, but it's the class hierarchy of the Suggested Upper Merged Ontology. It defines an initial framework for all the knowledge in a brain.

This is just one simple aspect of a detailed logical description of the more abstract parts of the world that forms a framework for human intelligence. Common sense in other words. It is a model of the real working software that must stand at the centre of any genuine artificial intelligence software. It doesn't have to be SUMO, it could be CYC or something similar (which is orders of magnitude more comprehensive by the way), but take it or any part of it away and you will have nothing left but the intelligence of an insect. It is complete and correct because it is extracted directly from real working software.

If it's too complicated for you to understand, that's your problem. Erasing parts of it won't make the problem that this software solves any simpler, it would just mean that the software doesn't work any more. We are fortunate that you are not in charge of anything important at this stage of your own development.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

325 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles