Learning How to configure an AI bot for IRC

• 3 Replies

ekym

• Roomba
Learning How to configure an AI bot for IRC
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:17:13 am »
Hello,

I have been reading and working with various AI bot's designed to work on IRC and so far I have not yet been able to get one to connect to the IRC server. I must not have found the correct one for me yet. All the bots I have been working with so far seam to not include complete directions for configuration or installation. At one time I did have a Alice bot running on a home IRC server, however I think this might be easier to make connect to a channel then it is when the file is not running directly on the server.

I have been working on both Linux mint and in Windows, and the currant bot I have been working with is charliebot anna and the same error is stopping it from connecting to the server for both platforms. I have yet to discover a solution and was hoping to read here and learn what my mistake is.

[Fatal developer error. Developer error messages are turned off.]

I am open to suggestions if there is a more currant project I should be working with. The charliebot was written in 2004 I believe.

That is the sorry of how I came to register on your forum. I have yet to read though this forum, it's possible that I might run across an alternate solution and run with that after I have had time to read more.

myke 

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: Learning How to configure an AI bot for IRC
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 11:32:32 am »
Welcome Ekym.

I personally have no experience with IRC setups.

Other than checking the obvious log on, Ip's and that the required communication ports are open on both your firewall and router.

Hope you find the solution and get it working.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 03:32:43 am »
Welcome,

It appears that over 60% of IRC users has dropped off since the early 2000's, some due to tightened security. A lot of people were dumping all kinds of garbage through the channels and sites. A lot of Bots also got policed for spreading malicious things like D.O.S. attacks, spamming and other exploits. Be careful!

You might have luck searching through our "Chatterbot Collection" searching for IRC bots or elsewhere on other similar forums or search engines. Good luck!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ekym

• Roomba
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »
Thank you both for the welcome and idea's. Yes the AI I have been working with mostly is one from the "Chatterbot Collection".

Some of it is well documented while other things are not. Probably best to start a new thread and take a chance that someone here will try to help me.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

276 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles