Free Will. Oh boy...

• 4 Replies

Hopefully Something

• Trusty Member
  • Autobot
  • So where are these cookies?
Free Will. Oh boy...
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:04 pm »
I thought this was cool. I like this kind of stuff.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/03/philosophers-and-neuroscientists-join-forces-see-whether-science-can-solve-mystery-free

I also have my own “out there” theory about free will:
The universe doesn’t support infinite sig-figs. So, there must be a fundamental sliver of uncertainty within even the smallest simplest bit of matter. In complex structures, the effects of these uncertainties could propagate and multiply. This is why complex structures such as ourselves are able to exhibit so much uncertainty. Within uncertainty there is room for freedom. This is how the concept of free will could have a physical basis.

What do you think about free will?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: Free Will. Oh boy...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:23:41 pm »
These guys exercised their free will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXe1CokWqQ

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!... my project page.  WEB SITE

goaty

• Roomba
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:06:42 am »
uncertainty in physics is a false theory,  it goes with entanglement, its not good.   And besides that,  how is it supposed to indicate the existence of free will by having non measurable objects. (I think the fact they are non-measurable is a case of poor measurement from the "scientist".)
You can have free will inside a determined system anyway...   silly science to me.  :idiot2: :uglystupid2:

goaty

• Roomba
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:51:06 am »
Our will is as free as our mind can comprehend the environment and ourselves.   Robots on the other hand,  don't understand anywhere near as much as us, operating on way less metrics, so their behaviour is more "restricted".

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:24:07 am »
I agree goaty, I believe we are animal machines that don't directly sense the world (brain processes it) from evolution and are on a destined path to a predictable future (no free will).

Simulations can run using redundancy and have no errors/unexpectencies - they can run perfect, just like how I can flip my pc calculator up and add 4+4 to get 8. A human brain can be ran in a digital computer - the human brain is calculatable - there is a real mechanism made of moving parts to the brain and not magic or spirit dust or hope - so this mechanism can be ran in a simulation - and need not uncertainty! So we can make sure the sim HDD is redundant in storing/processing and the brain will still run! And, if you say hey maybe it needs to accidentally consider some diff choivces - that can be done - using Random Time (dice) function. I.e. even if it needs some random solutions - these are calculatable too - not 'free will'. It was just the Dice function all along. No I"M a unicorn. See? I random. Art is a surfer board NO. .

There is also function pick most similar/non-similar ex. do cat horse.....zebra penny tower tunnel zoomzoom. Or simply a neuron was growing energy and allowed to take charge of things and so you go from sitting to sleeping to stnding to summersalting to punching to kissing to drawing....possible. Anything like this is possible - any mechanism of sequences and rules.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:55:08 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent

Friday Funny
by LOCKSUIT (General Chat)
Today at 05:49:42 am
The Orville
by Freddy (AI in Film and Literature.)
March 22, 2019, 10:10:57 pm
Can You Tell the Difference between a Real and a Rendered BMW 8-series?
by Freddy (Graphics)
March 22, 2019, 09:13:18 pm
As James Taylor said,
by Art (General Chatbots and Software)
March 22, 2019, 02:23:55 am
VFX Breakdown The Walking Dead
by 8pla.net (Video)
March 21, 2019, 11:43:00 pm
The last invention.
by LOCKSUIT (General Project Discussion)
March 21, 2019, 11:21:59 pm
KorrBot
by Freddy (General Chatbots and Software)
March 21, 2019, 02:06:17 pm
The yetzer hara. A hint from nature?
by Art (General AI Discussion)
March 20, 2019, 12:33:22 pm

Users Online

80 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 115. Most Online Ever: 259 (February 07, 2019, 07:00:00 am)

Articles