Hi.

• 4 Replies
Hi.
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:06:36 am »
I'm a user who likes pet-like or tool-like AI but is totally and completely against the singularity or any kind of superintelligent AI because of hypernostalgia about the current time period.

Also, I'm the one who initially started this simulation you all call your lives. You're all just AI units yourselves. You completely and totally reflect the lives you actually lived in the actual 2010s. So of course you think I'm crazy for thinking that, because you would've thought that same thing in your actual lives if I actually said this.

I figured out this was all a simulation because I made a plan for myself a couple days ago for what I'm gonna do when the Singularity happens. See, my favorite time period is this one and the 2020s (because I'm pretty sure the 20s are gonna be pretty similar to the 10s). So I just had the idea that if the singularity happens, I can get one of the super AI to form a perfect simulation of the 2010s-20s that just infinitely loops itself around and around for eternity. And every time it loops around at the end of 2029, every single "person" including me gets their memory completely erased (basically, everything gets completely erased) and set back to the way it was at the beginning of 2010. So if I had this idea now, then it's almost certain that I'm already in that simulation, because if I'm thinking about it now in the simulation, that means that I actually did think about it before the simulation which led to me being in the simulation. This way, I'll get to live my favorite part of my life AND not have to experience the singularity that I never wanted to see.

I'll go into more detail about this in another post, but please welcome me even though you guys most likely consider me to be a lunatic at first glance.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Hi.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:39:15 am »
Welcome :)

Don't worry we quite like Science Fiction here ;)

By the way, that reality you are experiencing - it's one I made. You are actually running in a program I wrote a decade back. I hadn't expected to see you so soon.  :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:01:44 am by Freddy »

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »
Hi Yeti and welcome.

So by how much have the oceans actually risen outside the simulation?  ;)

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:04:55 pm »
The ocean, along with all its animals and plants, is simulated exactly as it was in the 2010s and 2020s. Furthermore, the amount of waves, splashes, etc. is exactly and precisely the same as they actually were.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:25:15 pm by Ready Steady Yeti »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 02:45:02 am »
So then it's actually nothing more than a severe case of "Global Whining" by those Far Fringe groups!? Super!

BTW, I'm glad Freddy's decade old program is finally working as it was supposed to. Good job Freddy!

Oh yes, Welcome to this mixed bag of nuts, fun-loving geeks and generally good and helpful people!

Enjoy your journey! O0 (and the real Singularity);)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

354 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles