Hi everyone!

• 4 Replies

pat8996

• Roomba
Hi everyone!
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:43 pm »
Hello, everyone my name is Patrick,
i'm looking to stick my foot into AI here because it seemed like the best place to do it. i currently don't have a bot, but i'm looking to make my own in java but that's another story. i'm a 18 going on 19 yr old, who lives in tornado ally of the USA i like survival and i'm i joined to get help on making a bot. my dream is to start my own robotics company. maybe a Game Company but right now those are just dreams. if you have questions please feel free to ask i'll give my best response. and please excuse the bad grammar i'm still in school i was held back 2 years so i'm not graduating till next year.

My dream AI is a massive undertaking because of the capability's i want here's the list:

-needs to be advanced
-needs to be able to learn
-needs to be powerful
-needs to be able to Create Code on its own in java, c++, c-sharp, etc.
-needs to be programmed in Java

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:00 am »
Welcome to the forum Patrick and congratulations on having such worthy goals. I think that with enough research and effort all the capabilities that you dream of are feasible in some form or another, but I wonder why you insist it has to be programmed in Java. That may be a good language to start off with but there are many different programming languages with many different strengths and weaknesses. You shouldn't make the mistake of locking yourself in to one particular mindset, especially at such an early stage of your project.

pat8996

• Roomba
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:30:08 am »
Welcome to the forum Patrick and congratulations on having such worthy goals. I think that with enough research and effort all the capabilities that you dream of are feasible in some form or another, but I wonder why you insist it has to be programmed in Java. That may be a good language to start off with but there are many different programming languages with many different strengths and weaknesses. You shouldn't make the mistake of locking yourself in to one particular mindset, especially at such an early stage of your project.

thanks, the reason i picked java is because it by far my favorite and most used programming language

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:35:17 am »
It is widely used and I have enjoyed working with it briefly - quite easy to pick up.

Great ambitions you have. I hope your dreams come true.

I suppose your next step is to expand on those points you noted - eg "needs to be advanced" - could mean a lot of things. Are you aware of what is advanced so far in the field and things like that come to mind.

There's a lot of good people here, so ask questions and we can all learn from each other :)

Welcome to the madness  ;)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 12:35:26 pm »
Welcome Pat.

Have you taken (or currently taking) computer programming / computer science / logic classes?

Bots and Robots all come down to programming. Without which you have, in the case of robots, just hardware.

Good advice by Infurl and Freddy. Don't lock into just one programming language as there are lots to explore and each better suited to a particular task or methodology.

Do feel free to explore the Chatterbot (Chatbot) Collection for all kinds of bots that you might be able to learn from.

Good to have you here and best of luck!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

305 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles