Question about how chatbots form language output.

• 25 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Question about how chatbots form language output.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 08:54:16 pm »
boll*ocks?...........as usual??

Well I am currently really busy.......I don't like to make every comment superb like gold it takes too long...I do that to my Survival Guide/ work.

But I am trying to keep my threads tied together now etc. Big roads (and work ahead).

Explanation:
I meant we are machines, destined, me writing this - but to say "ok then I'll go jump" is a machine that learned this secret knowledge and is being not good machine now. If you picture my belief for a moment, you should get it.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 09:24:27 pm »
Well I am currently really busy.......I don't like to make every comment superb like gold it takes too long...I do that to my Survival Guide/ work.

But you are posting to your peers… we are listening and judging you…

how does …

In other words we are, who we are. We are.....we are....we... are. . .
But don't set yourself to now walk lop-sided everywhere you go~

=

I meant we are machines, destined, me writing this - but to say "ok then I'll go jump" is a machine that learned this secret knowledge and is being not good machine now. If you picture my belief for a moment, you should get it.

Take your time… I'm quite intelligent… explain your reasoning… step by step…

:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:37:29 am by korrelan »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 09:35:44 pm »
"In other words we are, who we are. We are.....we are....we... are. . ."

&

"I meant we are machines, destined, me writing this"

= we machines, i am this

"But don't set yourself to now walk lop-sided everywhere you go~"

&

"but to say "ok then I'll go jump" is a machine that learned this secret knowledge and is being not good machine now. If you picture my belief for a moment, you shou"

= police machine will lock you up if you get all funny over knowing we're machines, don't go around noe saying "I guess I'll sell my house, I guess I'll drive in a circle 5 times" cus you didn't talk like that yesterday :)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:43 am »
What?! Please don't tell me that you are involved with a Survival Guide...unless you're actually reading one. Then that would be OK, I guess.

Free Will might or might not exist depending largely upon how the concept with all it's vagaries might influence or affect us.
One thing we do have is Choice. That which we elect to do, now or at any given moment, not a predestined moment but one of our choosing.

I am reminded of something I once read:
"When we are born, we look like our parents. When we die, we look like the choices we've made."

Life is about choices.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 03:22:00 pm »
 Surely having choices implies free will.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 11:27:44 pm »
Art, now even you who said otherwise are saying we aren't pre-destined. That goes against your and my belief - that particles follow rules and the universe may make ALL particles RANDOMLY "shift" what they were going to do, but not 50% exactly because the randomization would be more than physics after a while - you can transmit the same bit multiple times for redundancy and take major vote of what it really is even if poor transmission with noise as long as not 50%, as I learned from Ray's book "How to create a mind".

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 12:00:02 am »
The trouble is that at any one time there are a host of theories about how the Universe operates - so take your pick.

Locksuit, since this has drifted off topic do you want me to split your thread ?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:07 pm »
I'm kinda done with this thread.....you could, but it could also ruin the thread and force me to link it from meh new master thread.

DO IT (at the right reply were we start talking about consciousnesses/transmission but not chatbots)

I'll link it in my master thread.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 04:48:08 pm »
I personally believe we have free choices/ free will.

"When we are born, we look like our parents. When we die, we look like the choices we've made."

Omg... that explains the geezer looking back at me from the mirror.. he ain't happy with the choices I've made, lol.

It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 12:48:12 am »
Sharing a few opinions here for the sake of conversation...

#1 - Do any chatbots use Hidden Hierarchical Markov Models or the likes?

Yes.  MegaHal for example.  Markov chain chatbots are very cool, I think.

#1 -Or just Databases and questions>answers? :(

No, not just databases.  But databases are used by some of the most famous chatbots to store a huge number of records in the chatbot brain.   A database may run on its own server to make response times quick.

#2 - Do you make some of its words/sentence-forming permanently rewarded so it says certain things ex. likes talking about construction working?

Yes.  It is called a "script".   A chatbot can certainly have a "construction working" script.  The original chatbot ELIZA had a psychotherapist script.   Generally a script may have a slower response time than a database.   However,  chatbots with  a few hundred records, or those written in C++ may process scripts quickly on their own.

#3 - Do they create brand-new never entered sentences or pre-installed sentences?

A neural network may create a really convincing appearance of brand-new.  A simulation that feels like something alive.  Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) are trained by humans, and then seem as if they are trying to learn!

"pre-installed sentences" generally refer to a database or script.

Quote from: 8pla.net

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:43:54 am by 8pla.net »
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 04:35:10 pm »
Thanks for the input.

May I ask yous a question?

I'm still reading Ray Kurzweil's books, and I read "How To Create A Mind", and I can't understand how he literally showed how to create a language neural network yet it seems yous don't know of such a network.

He was talking about HHMMs and showed a picture with this in it:

Phonemes
Words
Phrases
Prosody

Which means:

Phonemes
Words
Sentences
Topics

And it hit me - first reverse the order:

Topics
Sentences
Words
Phonemes

He even said this network is 1 tree - simply the spikes reverse for the reversed order.

It Recognizes what you say (sums up) (literally), and same for Output. Recognize>Output.

Here's how it works. You Speak English-language words right? Not Chinese? You stored these words, and say them, you usually don't say random "new" joufyf hh hgjfry stuff right? You say hey, hello, nice hair, food - words that we know why they're THERE. They're cultured and taught to us.

Then, when someone asks a question, you say English words, BUT, they are in a certain *correct order. When someone asked you a question, it when through the tree and set it up at different points, and the Output will be words that are correct to say.

Lastly, added to the weights, is the rewards. It's your-answer. You believe it. You'll say it. So not only is your Output response sentence CORRESPONDING in sequential order, example how to get to a store, but also what you have rewarded.

Apparently, your mental Output enters as input and the way you can make many huge discoveries seems to be by the network. Basically the tree re-arranges itself and weights so it goes from not knowing to knowing how things work, all by sounds, or energy.

Think how when you make a discovery about where consciousness comes from and what happens when two copies are made, you find good answers. How. From images? O.o Or a network like this ^ (for sounds or evvven images/technology/actions).

Can you even discover without mentally talking ! Can you even tell someone the discovery by using mentally telekinesis images? Or write it down as sentence without doing so? If it was sound-matching, then why not images, images are info plus great info. But to use images/or sound you need this network tree.

Basically you have bases. Rewarded, correct, knowledge. To discover more mentally, you connect them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:31:22 pm by LOCKSUIT »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

204 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 259. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles