Scary dream, what creates dreams?

• 41 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
Re: Scary dream, what creates dreams?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 03:45:28 pm »
My crew had used them several times in the past, on construction projects to keep tidal waters in check. Installed properly on good site conditions, they really do work well.

Imagine the new dreams, "Flooding" the imaginations of those people who experienced that horror.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 02:44:24 am »
People talk about randomness in dreams. But what about repeating dreams ?

and i swear we dream the same things with people we dont even know.

Sometimes I think that too. I knew a girl once who used to get the same repeating dream as me. I don't think she was making it up, we were good friends.

I get a lot of lucid dreams these days for some reason. Age related maybe.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:54:29 pm by Freddy »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »
Yes, me too!

Yet I talk with some people and kids who say they either don't dream at all or don't remember dreaming if they do.

Go figure.

There are some nights where I actually look forward to sleeping to enjoy dreaming.

I have had what I call, "Continuation Dreams", which is as it sounds, picking up where I left off the previous night. Perhaps I awoke before the dream had finished. Almost like playing a movie and one movie reel had finished. Now I need the second, final reel to play.

Don't know and it doesn't happen often at all, but it has happened a few times.

My favorite dream (since childhood) is that of being able to Fly...not in a plane, but me gently but forcefully pushing my arms down as if pushing the air past me, climbing higher until I look down and see familiar sights below me. Not like Superman but much slower, more expressive and deliberate. Yeah...definitely beats being chased by bad guys and your legs don't or won't run fast!!
 :(
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 01:53:50 pm »
i always crash in my flying deams.   goes to show 2 different personalities here.  :)

I think you have to spot the hole in the plot and realize its a telepathic experience,  dreaming.   i wont be shaken.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:01 pm »
I very rarely dream… or remember them.  The one recurring dream I had as a child was a variation on the flying dream.  I would be walking only on my hands, but I could push off and jump huge distances; like I was in low gravity… I still remember the feeling and force required to walk or make a jump.  I miss those dreams.

I think dreams in general are produced by our free running imagination/ consciousness/ global thought pattern locking onto facets of patterns closest to the current ‘dreams’ narrative.  It’s a self feeding feedback loop in the absence of sensory stimulus.  This is why dreams can take such strange turns; include similar concepts in twisted scenarios etc.  The facets of the current moment in the dream are similar to another memory or experience so the pattern merges to create a new moment… repeat.  Mix this effect with the continuational effects of episodic memory recall and you have dreams.

It’s not surprising humans have similar recurring dreams. We all live in the same reality/ society and all experience similar fears and experiences as we move though life.  Our experiences are very limited by our narrow development and life styles.  We all love to feel free and we mostly all hate the dentist etc.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 08:07:57 am »
not remembering dreams gets u active in the real world,  i think its a grumpy growing up kind of thing to do.

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 09:00:07 pm »

Link Between Nightmares and Self Harm:
http://neurosciencenews.com/nightmare-self-harm-7854/

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:16 pm »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 08:17:07 pm »
Had cool dream.

Start from first sketch top right - I was in a dark barn basement with refuges/aliens?, waiting for a swat team, and in the dark cold storm a evil Satan pounded in and hit the floor, totally unexpected, awesome!, the colors and music was bizarre and realistic, my sketch is only so you can grasp the his rough hard body etc and the complex lightiing shape etc, music was quite-ish I think and was like (pronounce:) beeir beeir .1 .2 .3. .4 .5 .6 and played again, (also 'beeir' sounded like a evil western motor sound), it raised its arms up fast with power, one fat devilish pretty-powerful blacky refuge alien guy took out two like long shotguns in cool manner and shot its sided backward, it still was ok, it sucked him in and ate him in the mouth, gruesome man, crazy, then one refuge alien capped its head, it was saying "what the hell is this thing!" the second time it got capped in the fight, I woke up, and finally decided to let go of the helmet cap with my finger idk why I was also holding it on lol. There was another demon-oid that pounded down in shown on roof near same time too, not shown in dream though, not focused on.

Before that, we were in the barn basement, and a fat pig/Labrador was roaming around my kitchen/barn crossing two scenes  lol, my dog had died and so its sad, but wasn't fat or looked like i pig lol, we called him babe though lol, then it was pulling at a deer's head's skin, trying to eat it, my mom said let it go leave it, wow, gruesome.

Wish I could've recorded the movie sry! lol
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »
No more cheese before bed time for you...

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2018, 08:01:11 pm »
I've had 2 dreams that told me something I needed to know.

One in a very direct manner exactly what had happened to something I had given to my first wife. I still remember the look on her face and how she caught her breath as if surprised when we woke up and I told her what I had just dreamed. I got proof positive after the fact.

The other was only a couple years ago. It told me to call the bank when I got up and query the status of a bank account I had some connection to by family. I just knew I was supposed to when I woke up. An account, come to find out, that had been closed without my knowledge, in secrecy, even though it had come up in recent conversation and money changed hands as though it was still open.

The rest are just dreams. Some I remember, some I don't.

I don't seem to have nightmares, but I dream a lot about people I knew who have died. I will have some random dream and they will just be on the sidelines watching. They never try to interact with me, never try to tell me anything, and it usually doesn't occur to me they are really dead. It's not frightening or upsetting while I'm dreaming or wake up, just strange.

The last one I had I finally realized the person was actually dead and I don't know if I've had a dream like it since.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 03:50:02 am »
ohhhh 2:20 that's what the basement area looked like in that dream above...seems my brain knew how to make me view many diferent angles in that room, it was full 3D and not even 2D sketchy, but was a tad different and darker, but i recognized it from this vid!!!!
however some dreams have shown fuzzy girls from low quality videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY&feature=youtu.be

omg that 0:40 part, comeon my henchman!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

293 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
8pla.net
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles