Replika

• 9 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Replika
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:19 pm »
A chatbot that learns so much about you over time that it sort of...becomes you...or an entity very much like you.

Check it out at:
https://replika.ai/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5zf-o-Gd_4

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTf4rDYkkWk

My question is , what is being done with all that information that is being presented to it while one is sharing all those tidbits? Hmm....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:13:59 pm by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Replika
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 08:07:29 pm »
Hmm, doesn't look like it will be anonymous so who know's what they do with the data.

What amazed me most was how that guy managed to type with just his thumb. I really don't enjoy typing on phones at the best of times.

As for something that learns about you and becomes a model of yourself - well that's quite interesting. You'd have to hope that they were able to keep the service going for many years though. So for me something like that would be a home project - then one hundred years from now, people can see how nice I am. ;D

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 10:57:48 am »
:)
I wonder sometimes, if I was an AI and duplicate myself, who would I be after duplication? The copy or the original?

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 02:07:33 pm »
:)
I wonder sometimes, if I was an AI and duplicate myself, who would I be after duplication? The copy or the original?

Gently pull down and look at your bottom eye lid...if you see a tiny dot then it will indicate that you are a clone and the number of dots will show how many times you've been cloned!

(from the movie - The 6th Day)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:16:01 am by Art »

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:10:42 pm »
Hmm, doesn't look like it will be anonymous so who know's what they do with the data.

What amazed me most was how that guy managed to type with just his thumb. I really don't enjoy typing on phones at the best of times.

As for something that learns about you and becomes a model of yourself - well that's quite interesting. You'd have to hope that they were able to keep the service going for many years though. So for me something like that would be a home project - then one hundred years from now, people can see how nice I am. ;D

Taken from the REPLIKA site FAQ: https://replika.ai/about/faq#does-replika-sell-any-of-my-information

selimchehimi

• Trusty Member
  • Nomad
  • I'm writing Articles about AI on my blog!
    • Selim Chehimi - AI and Tech
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 10:00:44 pm »
Replika will have many ethical problems as you can "talk to the dead". I'm interested to know how they are going to manage that. Also, I don't really like the idea that an AI mimics me  ;D

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 03:33:23 am »
Replika will have many ethical problems as you can "talk to the dead". I'm interested to know how they are going to manage that. Also, I don't really like the idea that an AI mimics me  ;D

From my understanding is that they, and other companies like them (they're not the first to do / attempt this), basically take as much recorded or information from notes, other texts, eye-witness and close friends and relatives on what that person liked and disliked, his / her belief system if any, sports interests, favorite teams, colors, cars, drinks (beer, wine, mixed, soda, etc.), what he / she looked for in a person, facts about their education, family life, vacation spots, etc.
They set out to collect as much information as they could possibly obtain then that data is compiled into a useful format befitting a database of that person's life, from birth, school, military service if applicable, marriage, children, work, retirement, death...or something along those lines.

Once this program is able to use decent conversational flow, it can access the database and now field and answer questions from people (friends relatives, spouses, etc.) and it would give that person as real an answer as if the (deceased) person was typing (or speaking) it themselves.

Almost a brain in a box but really it's more of a database in a box with memories of that person while he / she was living. It cannot think on it's own not can it obtain fresh input or deliver new output except what is contained in the database.

While very interesting and entertaining, it is certainly no substitute for the real person, but having said that, it might certainly provide a needed purpose, a measure of relief for those in morning or grieving the loss of a loved one. I judge no one in this regard having just lost my father in Jan. and my mother in April of this year, less than 3 months apart.

I found one last voice message my mom left on my phone a day before she passed away and she sounded so happy. I never got to say goodbye to her. How I'd love to be able  to talk with her again.

##############
As far as the joke about the A.I. that mimics you, I don't think you'd be in a position to have a say in the matter at that time. Just saying... but I understand what you're implying.  O0

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:07 am »
Sorry about your parents.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 10:16:26 am »
I'm sorry for your loss.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 01:02:51 pm »
Thank you guys for your kindness. Much appreciated.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

309 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles