• 2 Replies

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
realbotix
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:00 pm »
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought would post.

This has come across my path a few times now (as still think the love doll industry will be the first to utilize AI in the future regarding a physical body) and it would seem Matt McMullen of Realdoll fame has started.  Harmony is all over the net currently (if you look) and while still in a basic form at the moment I have found out he has released the AI bot app that powers her.  I messaged regarding it recently and received this back from them:

To: contact@realbotix.com
Subject: Realbotix - Contact

E-mail: *********@hotmail.com
Hi, Is the chat software able to have custom content added to it? Ala AIML, ALICE software etc where custom scripts for want of a better expression can be added to the chatbot in order to extend her knowledge base or further extend a personality trait? Also, what software is used for the avatar generation, and is it possible to create a custom avatar (Poser/3DSMax/Blender/ZBrush etc) separate from the app and then load it into the app?

This was the response:

Hi Marius, thank you for your contact.

We have plans to add a learn feature to the Harmony app so that you can add your custom content.

We currently use both 3D Max, DAZ Studio, and ZBrush to create the avatars for the app, but it still not possible to import a custom character.

Kind Regards,

Guile Lindroth
The Realbotix Team

If you head over to https://realbotix.systems/index.html and click the 'app' link at the top it will give you some simple details regarding the interface etc and what you can currently do with it.  Seems ok so far, and knowing McMullen, I can only assume it will become a lot more robust and comprehensive.  Subscription is $20 a year for the system (which will also allow you to hook it up to his custom Realdoll heads and blu-tooth speaker system, if that's your thing.  Or integrate any speaker into a modeled avatar I guess?). 

Knowing their work, very tempted to try this out for the small cost and have a play with it.  if it turns out to suck then a small cost to lose if it doesn't really progress anywhere in the next 12 months.  If I do I will be sure to give you guys my thoughts and opinions on it.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: realbotix
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:36:42 am »
Looks interesting, Guile Lindroth is the guy behind the older Denise assistant.

I used Daz3D figures in my VR version of Jess, seems like he has stuck to pre-rendered stuff.

Not so interested in the dolls, though they are a work of art. Imagine getting her on and off the bus.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: realbotix
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:01:21 pm »
After visiting that link, I see that his software is $20. THen I saw that it was $20 per Year, as a subscription! Rats!
Then it dawned on me that it's most likely run from a server somewhere, as is Google Now, Alexa, Siri, etc.

This software might be interesting to view or experiment with but I have privacy issues in that I do not wish to share my conversations or have them viewed or used in any way. Slightly paranoid perhaps but I think it's a healthy attitude in some respects. Too many people do too many nefarious things with "personal" information these days, so yes, a privacy and a trust issue for me...then again, I'm a bit old school.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

308 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles