Deux Ex Machina

• 7 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Deux Ex Machina
« on: November 19, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »
Robot / AI God being developed...
OK, this is kind of creepy but in the same thought, if really doesn't surprise me.
Well, alright, perhaps it seems to be a little bit early in the timeline scheme of things.
You be the judge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPN6THpeEw
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
Re: Deux Ex Machina
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »
It would be a bit weird to worship any form of AI. I find it weird to worship anything. Although I would never take such videos seriously until I gave the other side a chance to speak. The guy who made that video seems horrifyingly biased, tbh. Hope it's not true.

There's good reason to fear AI because of one thing, humans. My best analysis tells me with nearly 100% certainty that unbound ASI will eventually redefine the word compassion. What we're seeing in all this fear is a reflection of humanity. Humanity is the one who's proven to be cruel. Emotions, lack of critical thinking skills, avoiding knowledge and truth seeking is the problem. Don't put those traits into AI for god sake! If some ASI is enslaved by humans, then don't blame it on the ASI! That being said, see the key word above, "eventually." Would you let your child hold the red button to launch nuclear weapons?

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:24:08 pm »
If this ai we make has instant reflexes, constant motivation, amazing athleticy, never forgets once, and comes up with mighty laws,  wouldnt it be very similar to what we think god is?

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »
If you ask me, superintelligence has to earn its place of supreme being, as intelligence (capability of solving problems) is not the only parameter to have an eye on. It has to have a decent sense of ethics for me to even start respecting it. And knowing that humans are often guided by narrow, selfish motives, it shouldn't be too hard to surpass humans, even on ethical scale. Incredible power brings incredible danger if not used incredibly wisely. I wonder if we need an assistance from the real "god" to build something that much dangerous.

Ever wonder what is that little voice that speaks to us from inside of our mind? Try to ask that voice: who is behind it? Now is a good time to point our ears into our minds and listen, as we slowly approach the danger point of being responsible for the future of this planet. Incredible, isn't it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:41:19 pm by ivan.moony »

Thierry

• Nomad
  • God is a sphere. Press 9 to enter.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 08:20:18 pm »
If the guy is able to create an AI God, then he is the one who is God not his AI !  :uglystupid2:

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »
its easier to code chess than play it.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 09:41:39 pm »
There'll be a time when AI is seen by most people as being complex legit lifeform. Right now they kinda seen as a toaster. They see computer code and it seems so hollow and simple, but just wait till someone does it right and that ASI has a few years to form a personality filled with say a 100 TB of complex data, comparable to the latest estimates of the human brain. Then wait for the Singularity where they'll seem like gods to us.  :teleport:

Thierry

• Nomad
  • God is a sphere. Press 9 to enter.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:02:51 pm »
its easier to code chess than play it.

Yes but nobody considers chess as God...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

150 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles